Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site (part2)

Comments

I seem to be having the (already mentioned) issue where my notifications always displays '1' under Followed threads, even though there's no new posts that I can see.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Mother of god will you turn it back to the way it was. It's clunky as feck on an iPhone, can't zoom in properly and scrolling is nigh impossible.

Also when you click "My Forums" and click a forum down the list it's so clunky you end up clicking 'search thread' because it takes so long for the site to respond.

Yeah the iPhone really hates it so all full site browsing on mobile is no good on the new update. Had to switch out of it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Until theres an alternative to the white background, I'll pass. Cuts the eyes out of me head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How do I get back to the default view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

RasTa wrote: »
    How do I get back to the default view.
    Scroll up, at the top on the right, in the grey (breadcrumb) bar.

Link in OP aswell.

• Advertisement

It forced me out of the normal skin to the new beta again this morning.

Bad boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Bad boards.

Just came in to post this, do we have to revert to the old view every time we sign in? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

That shouldn't be happening. Once you revert to the old look it should leave you on that forever. Obviously if you're not signed in you'll see the new skin but once you sign in you should change back to the old one. I'll investigate this further anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Slight issue.

When clicking on my "all posts" and trying to select from the three options in the drop down, it's not 'refreshing'. For example, seeing that it's set at the default 'Newest First', if I try to select 'Most Thanked' or even 'Best Matched' nothing happens.

I'm running SRware Iron v.20.0.1150.1 (based on chromium).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

chin_grin wrote: »
    Slight issue.

When clicking on my "all posts" and trying to select from the three options in the drop down, it's not 'refreshing'. For example, seeing that it's set at the default 'Newest First', if I try to select 'Most Thanked' or even 'Best Matched' nothing happens.

I'm running SRware Iron v.20.0.1150.1 (based on chromium).

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "All Posts"? Do you mean the page you end up on when you click "Find all posts by chin_grin" on your profile?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I like the new version but by god its bright!
    Too bright for my old eyes at the moment.

Biggins wrote: »
    I like the new version but by god its bright!
    Too bright for my old eyes at the moment.

Ahh Biggins :o Maybe some of the other muted/darker colour schemes will keep those old eyes from burnout, don't abandon us yet :)

Bad boards.
    Just came in to post this, do we have to revert to the old view every time we sign in? :confused:

Oh ye of little faith, do you think we'd try force this on you? You'd only rebel harder :pac:

It was bad boards indeed, or more specifically bad DB cleanup script that ran at 7:15am this morning. It won't be happening again, you guys can hang out in the past all you want now :P

Thanks for reporting the issue :)

Danny

I fear change. Change is the enemy.

No tbh the only reason I am not using it is because I use mobile, ipad and laptop.
    On the pad there are problems but on the iPhone it's unusable when using the full site (which I need to do for full mod powahs etc.) so that's why I am forced to live in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Tbh I think it looks dreadful on both my phone (Samsung Android) and my PC so I've been switching to the old look.

And the menu bar is bloody enormous!.. Sorry I'm not technical so thats all the feedback I can give :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I answered this question for you in the last feedback thread but I guess you missed it. Here is a link to have a read of it :)

Danny

Thanks for the repeat Danny. I did miss it I think. Not got used to the navigation yet. It will come in time. although I have to admit I have reverted to the old style for now, as it is a tad easier for my poor old mind.

Will the old style remain available for a while? Or is it just short term until everyone is on board with the new look by choice?

Rubecula wrote: »
    Thanks for the repeat Danny. I did miss it I think. Not got used to the navigation yet. It will come in time. although I have to admit I have reverted to the old style for now, as it is a tad easier for my poor old mind.

Will the old style remain available for a while? Or is it just short term until everyone is on board with the new look by choice?

There are no plans to do away with the old styles :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The adverts.ie menu is no longer expanding for me. All the others seem to work fine, but no Adverts. :(

Using the latest version of Google Chrome on Win7 64bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not a huge fan of the new look so have switched back to the old one which is fine on a desktop or tablet where I'm permanently logged in. However on my Blackberry I can't see the login option because the top menu folds around and down the screen making it impossible to login or to change settings. Is there a workaround for this ?

Thanks

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I struggle to see how people think it's too bright? I use flux anyways but doesn't do much in the early day anyways.

I logged out and logged back in, there's no notifications for my followed threads and it doesn't show the list of my forums either, but when I click on either my followed threads it shows the updated thread and same with my forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Any chance of adding notifications in the browser tab like some sites do Twitter etc.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Any chance of adding notifications in the browser tab like some sites do Twitter etc.

There's a chance, but let's not elaborate further than that :pac:

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Bug: Several times when I've logged on, the top bar has been re-stickying itself. Ticking the box, saving and unticking it returns it. Tried logging in and out just there but it didn't repeat despite doing it a few times earlier.
    I'll see if I can recognise a pattern.

Opera; Windows 7 x64.

Request: Logout button on the page itself would be handy - without having to hover. Several websites have been getting rid of logout buttons and it's just additional work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Monotype wrote: »
    Bug: Several times when I've logged on, the top bar has been re-stickying itself. Ticking the box, saving and unticking it returns it. Tried logging in and out just there but it didn't repeat despite doing it a few times earlier.
    I'll see if I can recognise a pattern.

Opera; Windows 7 x64.

Request: Logout button on the page itself would be handy - without having to hover. Several websites have been getting rid of logout buttons and it's just additional work.

Perhaps it can go where "Switch to old look" is now?

I was thinking the same thing.

The bar didn't sticky itself again today (i.e., nothing out of the normal)... maybe it was just a few time occurrence or when it gets updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

How do you see who quoted you in a post now? :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Some people had problems with false post alerts.
    Has this been fixed by dumping it into the [old]Beta?
    Since around 1:00am this morning my post count tells me that I have 3 new posts which is nonsense.
    New Beta shows the correct number at present.

213835.gif

On the subject of post notification; something I would find useful in both betas is a color indication in the category bar where there are unread posts as per my crude example in the image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Since around 1:00am this morning my post count tells me that I have 3 new posts which is nonsense.
    New Beta shows the correct number at present.

213835.gif

On the subject of post notification; something I would find useful in both betas is a color indication in the category bar where there are unread posts as per my crude example in the image.

That's the old beta skin. We're really looking for feedback on the new Beta Skin.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I know and sorry to bring it up but as per above...

And the category coloring would be useful in both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Sea Filly wrote: »
    How do you see who quoted you in a post now? :confused:

Can anyone answer this, please? :)

• Advertisement

OK, I'm still getting a re-stickied header when I log in, but it seems to be only after I log in after longer periods.

Advertisement