Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

please help get my best friend back

Options
  • 31-03-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi im in TY
    I'll make it short
    1) me.and best friend for years
    2) this year were not in the same classes
    , my best friend got a new best friend ,
    3)treat me like I'm invisible , it hurts my feeling ,
    4) they're getting really close and my best friend focuses on the new friend of hers so some , makes me so sad
    5) I can't stand looking at them laughing , chat make jokes together and me left out.

So guys what can I do to make things like it were in the past , I'm not selfish , i want to be really good friends with the other girl too but she seem to dislike me and wants my best friend all herself and purpose ignore and leave me out

So what i want to now is
    1) how to make friends with the girl who's friend with my best friends
    2) to get my best friend to be interested in me again

Or actually should i just make new friends as our relationship seems worn off , really hard to fix and the other girl is purposely trying to get as much friends as possible . What should i do , please help me , give me tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I'm so sorry to hear this :/ Maybe try asking them places, like into town or to the cinema with you. To make friends with the new girl try to find something in common with her. If they still leave you out, try find new friends because it's not worth the effort to chase after people who won't be nice to you. Besides, if you make new friends it might make your old bf jealous and have her crawl back to you, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I would of never expected to have this type of thread on here :P.

Anyway, do you talk/hang out with your best friend only in school? How does not being in the same class affect your friendship if you do hang out with her after school. Sure, you'll probably see/talk to her less throughout the day, but shouldn't really affect anything if you both used to hang out after school. But if you only see her in school, then that's a completely different story and I would recommend you to move on.

Goodluck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

Since you're in TY, you shouldn't be hanging out with your best friend 24/7. I'm sorry you had to experience this, but that's life really. It's best that it's happening to you right now than later, because this is the sort of thing that you should encounter when in TY.
    Since it's near to the end of TY, I'm sure you've made other friends. Try and become closer to your new friends, and don't bother going back to your old 'best' friend. You could still exchange hellos and have casual conversations as time passes, but you should always move on and 'try out new things' before it's too late.

If you can't make friends, and the next two years of secondary school is like hell to you, when college time comes, please make sure you try everything out. And make loads of new friends, as many as you can. Please don't make the mistake of having no friends for the rest of your life. Your college friends will be more important that your childhood friends. Friends you've grown up will not always be there. You might never get to see them anymore. So really your best friend for life could be any one of those new friends you make in first year college.

You will feel emotionally hurt for the next few months, please don't consider cutting yourself, commit suicide, or even block everyone out of your life. Time will heal your wound.

Again I'm sorry about the broken friendship between you and your best friend. And I apologise for my harsh response. Please move on and I promise you everything will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Helenm98

I would of never expected to have this type of thread on here :P.

Anyway, do you talk/hang out with your best friend only in school? How does not being in the same class affect your friendship if you do hang out with her after school. Sure, you'll probably see/talk to her less throughout the day, but shouldn't really affect anything if you both used to hang out after school. But if you only see her in school, then that's a completely different story and I would recommend you to move on.

Goodluck!

yes , thank you for your advice and yes I only can hang out with her in school because her parents are strict , they won't let my best friend go out or invite friends over so we basicly dont see each other outside school days.

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Since you're in TY, you shouldn't be hanging out with your best friend 24/7. I'm sorry you had to experience this, but that's life really. It's best that it's happening to you right now than later, because this is the sort of thing that you should encounter when in TY.
    Since it's near to the end of TY, I'm sure you've made other friends. Try and become closer to your new friends, and don't bother going back to your old 'best' friend. You could still exchange hellos and have casual conversations as time passes, but you should always move on and 'try out new things' before it's too late.

If you can't make friends, and the next two years of secondary school is like hell to you, when college time comes, please make sure you try everything out. And make loads of new friends, as many as you can. Please don't make the mistake of having no friends for the rest of your life. Your college friends will be more important that your childhood friends. Friends you've grown up will not always be there. You might never get to see them anymore. So really your best friend for life could be any one of those new friends you make in first year college.

You will feel emotionally hurt for the next few months, please don't consider cutting yourself, commit suicide, or even block everyone out of your life. Time will heal your wound.

Again I'm sorry about the broken friendship between you and your best friend. And I apologise for my harsh response. Please move on and I promise you everything will be fine.

Hi thank you for your response , it helps and to make sure I not too negative but just a bit upset , so I'll try my very best to move on and make as much friends as I can. Thank you so much for encouragements and care :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 kimberlyx

Helenm98 wrote: »
    Hi im in TY
    I'll make it short
    1) me.and best friend for years
    2) this year were not in the same classes
    , my best friend got a new best friend ,
    3)treat me like I'm invisible , it hurts my feeling ,
    4) they're getting really close and my best friend focuses on the new friend of hers so some , makes me so sad
    5) I can't stand looking at them laughing , chat make jokes together and me left out.

So guys what can I do to make things like it were in the past , I'm not selfish , i want to be really good friends with the other girl too but she seem to dislike me and wants my best friend all herself and purpose ignore and leave me out

So what i want to now is
    1) how to make friends with the girl who's friend with my best friends
    2) to get my best friend to be interested in me again

Or actually should i just make new friends as our relationship seems worn off , really hard to fix and the other girl is purposely trying to get as much friends as possible . What should i do , please help me , give me tips

hi r u ok is this <snip>

Hi kimberlyx
    I'm Grand
    Do I know you? Cuz I dont think I do
    BTW I'm <snip> , Nice to meet you :)
    ALSO Thank You

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

PLEASE!!!!! Do not identify yourself on boards.

Advertisement