Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Income Supplement.. Confused!

• 11-03-2011 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if this happened to anybody else.

I applied for FIS the 11th Nov. Gave in all the necessary documents (2 payslips etc) and got a letter from them this morning askin for all my payslips for November, December and January..

Just wondering why they are looking for 12 payslips when i already sent in the 2 requested..
    Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Probably just want to make sure that you're still in the job. One of the conditions is also that the job is going to last at least 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

most likely they need more info about your hours/wages.would there be any of the weeks your employer filled out for you where you did less than 19hrs per week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Mom2Be

yabadabado wrote: »
    most likely they need more info about your hours/wages.would there be any of the weeks your employer filled out for you where you did less than 19hrs per week?

Yes.. The last week the employer had to fill in i only did 16 hrs as i was out sick (pregnancy related) and dont get paid when im out sick.

I wonder could that be the problem?
    I really hope not because there was a few weeks in the time frame they want the payslips where i did less hours due to being ill or clinic appointments.
    On maternity benefit at the moment but i dont think that affects it..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yes that the reason they are looking for the 12 payslips,to see are you doing 19hrs p/w every week.MAT won't affect your right to recieve FIS ,they look on MAT as employment.

yabadabado wrote: »
    yes that the reason they are looking for the 12 payslips,to see are you doing 19hrs p/w every week.MAT won't affect your right to recieve FIS ,they look on MAT as employment.

Thanks so much for the reply..
    Although im worried now because like i said there was weeks where i didnt do 19 as i was sick or had clinic appointments.
    Plus i finished work 23rd Dec for Xmas..
    Got wages that day but wasnt back to work untill creche opened again on 10th Jan so was 15th Jan before i got more wages.
    Thought i could sign on for the 3 weeks but because i had a FIS claim in i wasnt able.. Just had to suffer on..

I really think this is going to affect my eligibility for it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Ask your employer for a letter to state your normal hours of work, and state on it the weeks your hours are below 19 is due to unpaid absences due to doctor visits, and send the letter with the payslips.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Ask your employer for a letter to state your normal hours of work, and state on it the weeks your hours are below 19 is due to unpaid absences due to doctor visits, and send the letter with the payslips.

Didnt think of sending a letter with the payslips cee_jay, thanks a million :)

Do u think the fact that the creche was closed and i wasnt getting paid over Xmas will affect it...

Advertisement