Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PW Boards Hardcore Championship Tournament (24/7 Rules apply!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jeff Hardy. I think the main thing I'll remember Maven for is getting his ass kicked around the building by Undertaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jeff Hardy Maven was rubbish had no place in a WWE ring for me anyway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jeff hardy for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jeff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jeff Harvey as Mr Adamlie would say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,990 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Jeff Harvey as Mr Adamlie would say

How much does this guy weigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

We are now getting to the business end of the tournament with all the hangers on being eliminated and the contenders advancing through. To make it to the 1/4 Finals, a wrestler must

*Have 5 votes before his opponent.

*Have his votes contain a reason as to why he was chosen over his opponent.

The draw is made from a random number generator.
    Round 2

Rob Van Dam

*points thumbs to self*

16.jpg

VS

Jeff Hardy

"Team Xtreme's Daredevil''

13.jpg

An absolute corker of a match. These two risk takers have been compared and competed with each other throughout their careers. Most famously in a Hardcore Title at InVasion 2001. Enjoy the highlights and cast your votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,990 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is tough but RVD wins for me, more memorable matches for title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

RVD had great matches im during his reign. He takes it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jeff for me. I know RVD always came out on top in their battles but I've always been a Hardy fan. Tough call though.

Rvd for me too. Allways think of hardcore when I think of him

Definately RVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Jeff Hardy. It was great seeing more of Jeff in singles action and he continued to impress us on his way to becoming one of the biggest stars in the WWE even if it would take a long time to eventually win the WWE Championship.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

RVD, the last hardcore champion. Jeff did have some good work with the title, but I just preferred RVD.

Mr Monday night becomes Mr Quarter Finals as he beats his longtime rival Jeffrey Nero Hardy to stake his claim to be called the winner of the tournament.

Bubba Ray Dudley

''Get The Tables!!!''

BubbaDudley3-4_display_image.jpg

vs

The Undertaker

''I'm the Big Dog *spit* who runs this yard''

89_The_Undertaker_1.jpg

The_Undertaker_-_Mark_Calloway_37.jpg

One is acknowledged as holding the greatest streak of all time at Wrestlemania and generally being a household name while the other has captured every major tag team title in the world as a 20 time holder. However during 2002, both decided to get a little hardcore. How will this one pan out?

Going too go with Bubba Ray here. He screams hardcore and knows a table like no other!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Undertaker. Made the hardcore title mean something during his reign and had a big pay off when they tried to push Maven

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Undertaker. His big evil gimmick really suited the hardcore division.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Undertaker he was epic when he had the hardcore title

• Advertisement

Bubba gets my vote, his affinity with tables edges it for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Taker is an all time great but Bubba gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

steve blackman

Taker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Taker

Round 2 requires a reason G-Man. I'm voting Undertaker, the Big Evil bully gimmick suited the Hardcore style perfectly. Didn't find Bubba'd reign that memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Taker as his matches with RVD and Maven made the title a bit more respectable

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Taker. His run as hardcore champion helped build the title up. In fact I would go as far as saying the title was at its most prestigious when Taker held it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Taker brought a lot of prestige to the title while bubaray always seemed a shadow of what he was in the tag team division as a singlez competitor so taker

After a brief hiatus the tournament to crown our Hardcore Champion of PW Boards continues. Let's see who'll be joining the Deadman in the quarters.

Mankind

''Have a nice day :)''

MankindTuxedoTitle.jpg

vs

Mean Street Posse

''Everyday, somebody's gotta pay''

FCA-MeanStPosse.png

A mismatch of sorts featuring the first ever Hardcore Champion and the least hardcore looking dudes you could ever find. Here's a video from Raw in 1999 of Mankind vs The Posse if you want to refresh your memory!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3v2wb_mankind-vs-mean-street-posse_sport

• Advertisement

Miss's Foleys baby boy for me!
    King of hardcore IMO. Lost part of his ear! Jumped off hell in a cell!

Advertisement