Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best device for listening to audio books?

• 11-06-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭friendlylady

I would like to take up walking again for health reasons, but I find it very tedious and boring, someone has suggested to me that I listen to some audio books while walking. I have to say this seems like a brilliant idea, I love books with a passion and can imagine the miles melting away if I was listening to a good novel. Now the help I need is with choosing the right device to listen to these books. I've looked on line and SanDisk Sansa Clip seems to be popular but I'm worried that this is already a bit dated as there were forums about this device over 2 years ago. Can anyone help with any suggestions, please be aware budget is a major factor in that I haven't got any money (or very little anyway):D
    Tagged:

Comments

I use my phone to listen to audiobooks, great because I always have my phone with me. What sort of mobile have you got? Any smartphone would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭friendlylady

I use my phone to listen to audiobooks, great because I always have my phone with me. What sort of mobile have you got? Any smartphone would work.

I have a samsung galaxy mini (not great I know) but it has a memory card, not a great one, 2 or 4 gb I can't remember, a budget Smart phone I suppose, would that do?

It should work, I haven't used your phone, but since it's android there shouldn't be any problem. but be careful audiobooks can be large files, wouldn't take long to fill your memory card.
    Try it out on your phone, and if it works I would invest in a larger memory card. I think it can take up to 32Gb, wouldn't cost too much, less than €20.
    How you listen to the files, depends on what kind of files they are. The default media player plays most sort of files, there are also specific apps. A lot of people use the audible app, for buying through their site (good selection).

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭friendlylady

It should work, I haven't used your phone, but since it's android there shouldn't be any problem. but be careful audiobooks can be large files, wouldn't take long to fill your memory card.
    Try it out on your phone, and if it works I would invest in a larger memory card. I think it can take up to 32Gb, wouldn't cost too much, less than €20.

Listen Moises Shy Spine you are a gem, have app downloaded (Audiobooks ) working fine, bought a cheap pair of earphones in the euro shop and I'm ready to get started this very evening which is fantastic. Will take your advice and invest in a bigger SD card if it works out. Really appreciate your help :)

Advertisement