Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London booking sites where you can book from the Seating Plan?

• 22-09-2014 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Heading over next week and want to see the Commitments as I know a few people in it. Getting really frustrated with booking fees and sites not letting you choose your own seat. Ticketmaster let you book from the seating plan but they don't have any seats until the end of October. Are there any others that give this option that I mightn't have thought of?

There are offers for any days/nights other than Saturdays and Saturday night is the only show I can make. TKTS tends to have tickets but I'm not sure about whether to risk it or not. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Not much use for you if you're going next week but for anyone else going over to London in late October (21st October to 2nd November - excludes Saturdays), here's an offer for top price (excluding premium) seats for £39.50 or second price for £28.

You're rarely going to get offers that include Saturday nights as it's the busiest night. I think if you get to TKTS when they open at 10.00 you should be fine, especially if you're only getting a ticket for yourself.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/0rj4fk?tm_link=tmOffers&camefrom=CFC_UK_BUYAT_130630

The password is TMOFFERS

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Also remember that Ticketmaster only receive an allocation of tickets like other ticketing agencies. So just because their allocation is gone doesn't mean it's sold out.

The Palace is owned by Nimax Theatres so their official booking system is here:

https://tickets.nimaxtheatres.com/WebPages/EntaWebShow/ShowDatesCombo.aspx

Their booking system is awful to use. The only other agencies I know that use seating plans are ATG and Delfont Mackintosh, neither of which sell tickets for The Commitments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

In the end I opted to pay full price to secure a decent ticket. I'm consoling myself that I'ms only seeing two shows on a trip I'd normally squeeze four in..though I'd rather see four shows. I'd normally take the risk but it's my only chance to see the show on this trip and I have a few friends in it so don't want to let them down.

Advertisement