Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raw 01/09/14 *Spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Probably better we never know. They'd be finished forever. Think Terry Taylor and the whole Red Rooster crap.

Taylor was actually a talented wrestler too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Maybe Devitt ha

http://youtu.be/dvnjpoYZOLc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Switched this on this morning with the intention of watching most of it. Within about 2 minutes, JBL's random interruptions and catchphrases had driven me to fast forward through pretty much the whole show. I don't even know how the main event finished, I assume Cena came out strongest.

Liked Bo's bit. I wouldn't mind being deported to Italy.

Everything outside of Brock Lesnar is of no interest to me at the moment. When I think of Reigns vs Orton I picture cream crackers in my mind. Just completely dry, boring and unimaginative. Randy was bossing it in the suit though, I'll give him that.

The Bella stuff is a joke. Raw's main demographic is 18-35 males and kids yet we are getting a storyline revolving around "My sister stole my prom date" (That's the only one of the Bella backstory vignettes I bothered watching).

It's so incredibly small time and unimportant, even for a professional wrestling feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I've never been AJ's biggest fan but even I can admit that her return has made the world of difference for Paige, it's given the latter something to focus on and relieve some pressure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Whats the deal with Sandow and Miz plus the lady they have with them????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

DM_7 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with Sandow and Miz plus the lady they have with them????????

I like Sandow playing Miz's sidekick/stuntman. Makes sense, hives him something to do and has the potential to pull him up into the upper micard again.

The assistant lady was a hardcore wrestler in her own right, I've heard. There were posts on FB with her blading like a lunatic beside her dabbling the Miz with powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I ended up watching some of it through youtube and I noticed there was a lot of advertising for next week's raw. Is there something special about it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Deadlie wrote: »
    I like Sandow playing Miz's sidekick/stuntman. Makes sense, hives him something to do and has the potential to pull him up into the upper micard again.

The assistant lady was a hardcore wrestler in her own right, I've heard. There were posts on FB with her blading like a lunatic beside her dabbling the Miz with powder.

Yeah, this is her: https://twitter.com/CrazyMaryDobson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This week's Raw script was leaked:
    https://imgur.com/a/6CXSR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I ended up watching some of it through youtube and I noticed there was a lot of advertising for next week's raw. Is there something special about it?

Its the return of the NFL so its probably going to get curb stomped in the ratings.They tried to get some gay NFL chap on it, he said no.

Jerry Springer will also be on it because its still 1999 to do something between the Bellas.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Technically next weeks Raw is the season premiere. Despite the fact Raw doesn't take a break all year!
    The fall season is a big deal for tv ratings in the states but Raw is fecked as the NFL's Monday Night Football is back!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Been travelling across the planet again so missed this show. Reading here though actually glad I did.

Without an Ambrose and / or a Brock appearance Raw seems to suffer majorly. Nobody really cares about the bells especially the more removed from Bryan v the authority their story becomes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, WWE seem to think if they don't have someone like Cena on then it's a big loss while we're watching and barely/don't notice when he's absent but do notice the lack of Bryan or Ambrose.

I wonder if it was Ambrose's idea to take a long time off to sell the injuries (though why have that story about refusing medical help and disappearing?) instead of coming back after 1 week off like Cena did.

Watching the Monday Night War, it does seem like Ambrose would be the type of guy they would need to bring a breath of fresh air and viewers to the company if they still had competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Sure he's away filming a film.

STAY SAFE DEAN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Deadlie wrote: »

She also works in a Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its the return of the NFL so its probably going to get curb stomped in the ratings.They tried to get some gay NFL chap on it, he said no.

Jerry Springer will also be on it because its still 1999 to do something between the Bellas.

Jerry chants are gonna be inevitable

Advertisement