Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby - Emerald Warriors

• 25-03-2012 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, i am a 33 yo gay man but not out, never been on the scene and am having a real hard time meeting decent people in a similar situation...i see though that the Emerald Warriers club are running some kind of tag rugby thing from May...has anyone participated in this before? i am thinking of heading along or signing up.....if anyone has any comments on what its like i would really appreciate it...thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I'm involved with the warriors but don't play tag as it lacks the physicality of the real game :-) its a tournament that's run by suttonians rugby club that the warriors usually have two or there teams in and I would highly recommend giving it a go if you want contacts let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

Tag itself is great fun! If you're looking to get to know people, anything like that can be a good way to do it. Relaxed, friendly and fun way to meet new faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Hi OP,
    I am helping set up the tag this season. It is great fun and great way to meet people. The Tag season starts 10th may in Suttonians. Last year we had four teams in and we hope to have similar. We had a mix of friends and players and everyone was asked to get a few girls involved as you have to have 3 girls on the pitch at all times. Its about 8 weeks of games we usually play the matches have a few pints afterwards and a bbq and there's events throughout the season like live music and Karaoke (beware!!)

So if you want PM me if you need more info and also I can take your email and put your name down.

CdeC

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BrazIrish

That's something really interesting as you can get to know people in different situations and it's still good fun as you'll be practicing a sport and you have the opportunity to participate in activities off the pitch. I really would to be part of it as well, I emailed them a couple of days ago but no reply so far :(

BrazIrish wrote: »
    That's something really interesting as you can get to know people in different situations and it's still good fun as you'll be practicing a sport and you have the opportunity to participate in activities off the pitch. I really would to be part of it as well, I emailed them a couple of days ago but no reply so far :(

Who did you email? Did you go through the website? PM me or CdeC and we will get you sorted out :-) sometimes the email on the website may not be checked for a few days!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,
    I PM'd you and hope to hear from you. Anyone else looking for a bit of runaround this summer in north Dublin we are looking for players, boys and girls of any rugby experience.
    Regards,
    Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BrazIrish

stephen_n wrote: »
    Who did you email? Did you go through the website? PM me or CdeC and we will get you sorted out :-) sometimes the email on the website may not be checked for a few days!

Hi Stephen_n, yeah it was through the website, thanks for the reply :-) just got a PM from CdeC, I'll email him. I'm really interested :-) thanks

BrazIrish wrote: »
    Hi Stephen_n, yeah it was through the website, thanks for the reply :-) just got a PM from CdeC, I'll email him. I'm really interested :-) thanks

Good stuff you'll have a blast and the lads will look after you to make sure you fit in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Tag rugby eh *strokes chin*, could be a birrofa larf I suppose.
    Is any level of fitness required / recommended or can any lazy aul sod join in? :pac:

azezil wrote: »
    Tag rugby eh *strokes chin*, could be a birrofa larf I suppose.
    Is any level of fitness required / recommended or can any lazy aul sod join in? :pac:

Depends on what you term a level of fitness lol you don't have to be super fit just be able to run. It's for fun more than serious effort tbh so caters for all levels!

• Advertisement

And what time(s?) does it start?

azezil wrote: »
    And what time(s?) does it start?

Its Thursday nights and I think it's 7.30 but if you pm CdeC he will have all the info :-) I have my kids that night so never do it plus it's non contact which defeats the purpose for me :-)

Non-contact sport is all I'm medically permitted to do. :/
    Anytime after 7pm I should be able to manage but not before that.

Anyone interested in playing Tag with the Emerald Warriors in may please get in touch. Summer of games and BBQs

Looking for Boys and girls of any skill level. You can contact me here or sign up using this link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE12X0lkUG8ycmo5Wnd5V1ZsLUdZd1E6MQ

Any questions please ask.

Regards,

Ciaran

****TAG PLAYERS WANTED - EMERALD WARRIORS****

The Emerald Warriors Tag Rugby team are entering the IRFU tag rugby league running for 9 weeks from Thursday 10th May. We need Men and Women who would like to play some non contact rugby, have a few pints and get some outdoors excercise over the summer. There's a match a week followed by a bbq and also depending on the night will have live bands, Karaoke and finish with a fancy dress night on Final day. If you or anyone you know please contact us on ciarandechaumont@yahoo.co.uk with your name and email address and possibly phone number or use the link below. It is roughly 40euro for the 9weeks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE12X0lkUG8ycmo5Wnd5V1ZsLUdZd1E6MQ

Here's to a great Summer,

Emerald Warriors

Advertisement