Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

hey all

im looking for some new ideas for lunches in work. where im working there is no access to a microwave.
    im getting sick of eating sandwiches any ideas would be greatly appriciated
    good luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Baby75 wrote: »
    :) Ive 5 of the little monkeys! :D it is all about will power and what we decide for our selfs what to do. you got some good advice and a little reality check ;) and posting here is a step in the right direction!

I got some rice in tesco frozen with wild rice and veg in bags you steam in the microwave and they are 4 PP :) yay
    I got some rice cakes with chilli flavouring and Im going to try them with some tesco lextra light cream chese with garlic and chives have to point them yet!

Oh question for those who bake, what butter/ margine do you use? low low can be used for baking but I find my muffins sink or flap jacks wont stick together when I use it and I love rocky road same thing wont set when I use Low low any tips would be great :)

here any one else fed up of this crappy may weather, we actually had to light a fire the last few nights! does not stop me getting out for a walk hope the sun comes back soon

My mum uses stork....but i've been looking for a low fat version...i've been using flora light....but not sure if its the best option...that was actually one of the Qs for the bakers on here! I'm a complete novice!

the sun has actually come back out down in cork! just puts me in a better mood...even if i'm in the house....just having the house bright and windows and doors open....and being able to get washing dry....one less chore to bring me down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    My mum uses stork....but i've been looking for a low fat version...i've been using flora light....but not sure if its the best option...that was actually one of the Qs for the bakers on here! I'm a complete novice!

the sun has actually come back out down in cork! just puts me in a better mood...even if i'm in the house....just having the house bright and windows and doors open....and being able to get washing dry....one less chore to bring me down

send some sun to me please here in Carlow its all dark and cloudy and spitting rain! its was meant to be 17 and sunny! :)

I might try the flora light! the low low wokrs for pastry though!

Micki wrote: »
    Ah hope you are ok! Wouldn't worry about it, his loss..... I am actually at the stage where i have given up on men because of similar situations but now i feel like i am content on my own anyway! No stress! And i just do what i wanna do...
    I'm fine about it! I'm definitely becoming stronger....like could just losing weight....make such a positive difference to who i am? in one way thats really really pathetic....that some how i was letting my weight make me a weak person????

I dunno...maybe its down to eating healthier, healthy body = healthy mind maybe? So maybe now i'm mentally emotionally healthier too???

Maybe i'm just growing up! i'm 24...the age of becoming and all that haha!

LOL he did text me to say we'll talk later....i think the fact i'm not running after him throwing me self at him kinda making him think twice, I dont particularly mind either way how it goes...I'm looking after No. 1....selfish yes...but no one else is going to take care of me...so gotta take care of my self...mind body and soul!

send some sun to me please here in Carlow its all dark and cloudy and spitting rain! its was meant to be 17 and sunny! :)

I might try the flora light! the low low wokrs for pastry though!

I've only made muffins, they turned out okay....and countless tragic attempts. I only use flora cos its what we have in the house. dont know if it is the best option.

Loads of up coming walks, and cycles, and fairs for Irish Guide Dogs

http://www.guidedogs.ie/iopen24/events_calendar.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

aldi yelowfin sole 4pp
    Mash direct potatoe cake 3pp..(7pp for 2)
    lots of salad leaves 0pp
    beetroot 0pp
    tomatoes 0pp
    some xlight mayo 1pp with a dash of wostcher sauce

really filling and yummy

8pp or 12pp if you have 2 cakes...which i have only seen in dunnes

heat oven put the cakes and fish in both take same time and same temp

assemble salad

have a quick shower while everything cooks or a light stretch session

dinner ready and yummy and filling and good for you considering it all pre prepared:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

carlyam2 wrote: »
    hey all

im looking for some new ideas for lunches in work. where im working there is no access to a microwave.
    I some times have couscous cooked in chicken stock and then add some raisins and sun-dried tomatoes and you could add some chicken or prawns.
    It keeps well in a lunch box,or you could make up a cold pasta salad with home made dressing of honey and olive oil these 2 have a points value of less than 10 points.
    Also what is nice is ww bagel with cottage cheese and salad.

aspie mum wrote: »
    aldi yelowfin sole 4pp
    Mash direct potatoe cake 3pp..(7pp for 2)
    lots of salad leaves 0pp
    beetroot 0pp
    tomatoes 0pp
    some xlight mayo 1pp with a dash of wostcher sauce

really filling and yummy

8pp or 12pp if you have 2 cakes...which i have only seen in dunnes

heat oven put the cakes and fish in both take same time and same temp

assemble salad

have a quick shower while everything cooks or a light stretch session

dinner ready and yummy and filling and good for you considering it all pre prepared:pac:

sounds very like my lunch today! having a fillet of the aldi sole 4pp, and 200g baby boiled potatoes as a kinda potato salad, red onion, really finely diced peppers, extra light mayo about 15g

omg I am starving today! eek! so far had a omelet 6 pp then two pancakes with a banana 4pp, two rice cakes and extra light cheese with cucumber 3pp one peach. still hungry! mind you my 2 year old kept asking for some of every thing I was eating which I gave her!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

omg I am starving today! eek! so far had a omelet 6 pp then two pancakes with a banana 4pp, two rice cakes and extra light cheese with cucumber 3pp one peach. still hungry! mind you my 2 year old kept asking for some of every thing I was eating which I gave her!

Sometimes lack of water can fool you into thinking you're hungry? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I had lettuce fahitas for lunch today (& yesterday). 1/2 bag of frozen Quorn mince (4pp), 1/3(10g) M&S fahita spice mix (1pp), onions, peppers, passata (because it looked very dry!) fried in spray oil (1pp). So that is 6pp for the filling & this did for 2 lunches of 2 fahitas. Filled the lettuce leaf with 1/4 of the mixture & added 15g Coleraine light cheese (1pp). A very tasty lunch of 2 fahitas for only 5pp. Thanks to whoever suggested the lettuce leaves instead of the fahitas!

I'm going to try the butternut squash chips this evening. I even bought a chip tray (like a baking tray with holes on the bottom) for the occasion. Hope they work out OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

I'm fine about it! I'm definitely becoming stronger....like could just losing weight....make such a positive difference to who i am? in one way thats really really pathetic....that some how i was letting my weight make me a weak person????

I dunno...maybe its down to eating healthier, healthy body = healthy mind maybe? So maybe now i'm mentally emotionally healthier too???

Maybe i'm just growing up! i'm 24...the age of becoming and all that haha!

LOL he did text me to say we'll talk later....i think the fact i'm not running after him throwing me self at him kinda making him think twice, I dont particularly mind either way how it goes...I'm looking after No. 1....selfish yes...but no one else is going to take care of me...so gotta take care of my self...mind body and soul!

That makes perfect sense. I have lost over 5 stone and i am a totally different person, people have even said it to me! I didnt realise but people said i was kinda snappy and that before and now i am always smiling and up for a laugh, especially in work! I didnt even realise i would have been in bad humour! Also i take less crap from men! I think in general i just care less what people think! It is mad the way loosing weight can totally change the person you are, but i agree with you, it does....

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

oh those ideas sound good esp those lettuce faijitas.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

carlyam2 wrote: »
    hey all

Some 0pp soup in a flask - with brown bread, always nice especially when the weather is miserable.
    A salad with cold chicken/tuna/ham and a nice fresh breadroll
    Sandwiches get boring, snack bread from Aldi is low in points, wraps,...

Just finished my lunch! i've never made "potato salad" kinda stuff before....i always have it out tho :P Love the stuff
    Well omg YUM! and i'm stuffed!

it was 200g baby potatoes diced into cubes, then boiled (4pp)
    15g Aldi's Bramwells Extra Light Mayo (0pp)
    1/2 diced red onion, 1/4 diced yellow pepper (0pp)
    Seasoned with Black Pepper and sea salt (0pp)

Served with 1 fillet of Aldi Yellow Fin Sole 4pp

YUMMY Satisfying Lunch for 8pp! (SHOCKED)

My mum actually asked where i "bought" the potato salad... haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

aaahhh I have only 8pp left for the day and all my weeklys gone and all I want to do is eat....HELP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey everyone.. Hope ur wkend went well... Great to hear the date went well lainey:D... Had a great wkend ww wise.. was at communion yesterday and stayed within my pp:D happy out luckly the host was on ww aswell so had stuff ppointed.. i even made my Yummy Mars Bars cake and twiked it so it was 5pp per slice which isnt to bad...:)... And when i got hope OH wanted to go for a walk so i was like yes go stright away... So have wi tuesday evening and after being up last week im hoping for a big loss :D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I'm having a much better day today :D I think being in work is much better for my eating habits - more structure, less time to eat out of boredom!

So far today have had:
    Breakfast:
    Fruit Salad of grapes, blueberries & a satsuma
    75g of Low Fat Natural Yogurt (1pp)

Tea Break:
    1 Banana
    1 Diet Yogurt (1pp)

Lunch:
    Mixed Salad of Lettuce, Peppers, Beetroot, Cherry Tomatoes & Cucumber
    60g Smoked Salmon (2pp)
    1 Tbsp Low Fat Coleslaw (1pp)

Snacks:
    2 Chili Rice Cakes (2pp)
    0.25L Slimline Milk (1pp)

Drinks:
    500ml Water,
    3 cups of Tea
    1 Can Diet Coke (wouldn't normally have this)

So, so far today, have only used 8pp which is very good as have my cooking class tonight and I like to keep around 15pp for this! The amounts she gives us are tiny, just a mouthful really but I like to keep a bit extra for it!

Also have a tub of zero point jelly with me that I'm going to have now and when I get home will have 3 Salt & Vinegar Rice cakes (2pp) with a mini tub of Extra Light Philly (1pp) with some cracked black pepper on top, just so I'm not starving :D

Going to try to go for a quick 20 min run too when I get home!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'm having a much better day today :D I think being in work is much better for my eating habits - more structure, less time to eat out of boredom!

So far today have had:
    Breakfast:
    Fruit Salad of grapes, blueberries & a satsuma
    75g of Low Fat Natural Yogurt (1pp)

Tea Break:
    1 Banana
    1 Diet Yogurt (1pp)

Lunch:
    Mixed Salad of Lettuce, Peppers, Beetroot, Cherry Tomatoes & Cucumber
    60g Smoked Salmon (2pp)
    1 Tbsp Low Fat Coleslaw (1pp)

Snacks:
    2 Chili Rice Cakes (2pp)
    0.25L Slimline Milk (1pp)

Drinks:
    500ml Water,
    3 cups of Tea
    1 Can Diet Coke (wouldn't normally have this)

So, so far today, have only used 8pp which is very good as have my cooking class tonight and I like to keep around 15pp for this! The amounts she gives us are tiny, just a mouthful really but I like to keep a bit extra for it!

Also have a tub of zero point jelly with me that I'm going to have now and when I get home will have 3 Salt & Vinegar Rice cakes (2pp) with a mini tub of Extra Light Philly (1pp) with some cracked black pepper on top, just so I'm not starving :D

Going to try to go for a quick 20 min run too when I get home!

wow thats a busy day....

Watching football with a drink and snacks in the pub can still be a winner for your weight loss.

If you enjoy watching the footie down your local, you can still enjoy some traditional pub grub during the game. Follow our simple tips and use Find & Explore to seek out pub snacks that can fit well within your plan, so you can sit back and enjoy the game.

Trust Your Instincts
    The things to avoid in the pub, aside from the opposition of course, are exactly as you’d expect – anything deep-fried or high in fat. So go with your instincts, they’re often correct. Anything which comes pre-packaged is probably worse for you than those made in the kitchen, too. Crisps, salted nuts, pastries and pork pies are all best kept for occasional treats, rather than your regular snacking substance.

Bigger is Better
    It sounds counter-intuitive, but choosing bigger is, in a way, better. Avoid any small food which is usually fried – crisps, nuts and the like. You’ll find it harder to follow how many you’ve had and to stop once you’ve started. Instead, opt for snacks which are visibly separate on the plate – chicken skewers, for example. These are high in protein, easily consumed and come in a variety of flavours.

Baked not Fried
    A golden rule of thumb is to opt for foods which are baked rather than fried – they’ll usually have less saturated fat. If there are baked crisps on offer, so much the better. Baked vegetable crisps, sometimes called ‘game chips’, appropriately enough, offer a mix of parsnips and beetroot, which makes for a refreshing change.

Get Yourself in a Pickle!
    Many pubs offer foods which have been pickled in vinegar with spices – usually, onions, gherkins or eggs. Some may have a slightly higher salt content than is ideal, but they’re not fried, are low in fat and, because of their astringent flavour, will ensure you enjoy them slowly and in moderation.

Try a Taste of the Exotic
    Avoiding classic British snacks like pork pies, pork scratchings and the like can be a good rule of thumb. Scotch eggs are often fried so opt for Japanese wasabi peas instead, which have a horseradish kick, or chilli rice-crackers which are lower in fat. Similarly, pretzels and popcorn, though often high in salt, aren’t fried and are lightly flavoured.

Choose Something from the Menu
    Most of the unhealthy snacks are on display, not the menu, so choose an appetizer or starter from the menu instead. Vegetable crudités and houmous is a great option. Similarly, a plate of smoked salmon, with a small garnish and some toast, offers omega 3 and is easily shared amongst the group. A pint of prawns offers another healthy seafood option, just ensure it doesn’t come slathered in mayonnaise or salad cream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

wow thats a busy day....

yeah - every day is busy, no wonder I do be so tired :( But sure if I wasn't busy, I would be busy eating so I can't complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Im addicted to colsaw but bearks my heart to waste 3pp on a tiny bit and i no ther is low fat option but i only eat the fresh stuff im very picky with my colsaw.. so was shopping over weekend and found in supervalu a bag of the mix all ready just to add the mayo so added my low fat mayo and got a whole bowl for 1pp brilliant had the yummiest lunch today because of it... and it only cost €1 for bag of mix brilliant...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

brightstar wrote: »
    aaahhh I have only 8pp left for the day and all my weeklys gone and all I want to do is eat....HELP!!!

Could you try some fruit or else a no point soup? Or if you're not hungry, and just want to eat, maybe getting out for a walk or something like that might help.

Last week I lost a pound and was all, oh guess my body's just designed to lose weight slowly. this week, I eat pretty much the exact same things and lose 3.5 pounds. So, my body is just weird and gonna do what it's gonna do. Now I figure I'll just stick to the plan and try not to worry about weekly losses cos eventully it will come off.

fionas046 wrote: »
    Sometimes lack of water can fool you into thinking you're hungry? :rolleyes:
    good point! on my 4th pint of water now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Confession: Not only have I fallen off the wagon but I parked the wagon in Ireland and left the country!I have been crap & haven't been to a WI in nearly 4 weeks!!! Last week I started to shake myself out of it and went back to the gym - but didn't track and wasn't well behaved food wise. So you have all motivated me again and I've started tracking today. I'm hoping all the excercise will stand to me somewhat on Wednesday.... dreading it.

I'm so jealous of everyone and their losses but well done to you all. GT_TDI you are doing AMAZING.

Little question though - does anyone else find it very hard to work out their activity points - I like to track them and I use them before I hit my weeklies (as per iWatcher setup) but I find the variance between medium and high intensity seems to be very big. I'd consider I'm working out at medium (on the cross trainer my heart rate is at the top of the Cardio bit so if I go higher I'm into the red zone, cant really tell on the bike but am going as fast as I can) as I could hold a conversation but not sing. So 60 mins is 4.3(med) or 10.5 (high) - am I working it out correctly, seems a very big difference?

Thanks for your help... onwards and downwards!

Sorry the new boy didn't work out Lainy but sod it - you'll look skinny and amazing in no time at all and you'll have your pick of the boys! What's for you wont pass you by.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

fofany wrote: »
    I had lettuce fahitas for lunch today (& yesterday). 1/2 bag of frozen Quorn mince (4pp), 1/3(10g) M&S fahita spice mix (1pp), onions, peppers, passata (because it looked very dry!) fried in spray oil (1pp). So that is 6pp for the filling & this did for 2 lunches of 2 fahitas. Filled the lettuce leaf with 1/4 of the mixture & added 15g Coleraine light cheese (1pp). A very tasty lunch of 2 fahitas for only 5pp. Thanks to whoever suggested the lettuce leaves instead of the fahitas!

I'm going to try the butternut squash chips this evening. I even bought a chip tray (like a baking tray with holes on the bottom) for the occasion. Hope they work out OK!

Where did you buy the chip tray? i was meant to buy one this weekend, but couldnt find any..

brightstar wrote: »
    aaahhh I have only 8pp left for the day and all my weeklies gone and all I want to do is eat....HELP!!!

I have 9 and Im thinking of trying that potato salad Lany made and find something else to go with it may be salad and pork chop with all the fat cut off or may be go with out meat to night
    izzy24 wrote: »
    Hey everyone.. Hope ur wkend went well... Great to hear the date went well lainey:D... Had a great wkend ww wise.. was at communion yesterday and stayed within my pp:D happy out luckly the host was on ww aswell so had stuff ppointed.. i even made my Yummy Mars Bars cake and twiked it so it was 5pp per slice which isnt to bad...:)... And when i got hope OH wanted to go for a walk so i was like yes go stright away... So have wi tuesday evening and after being up last week im hoping for a big loss :D...

wow Marsbar cake please post your recipe please :) good luck with the WI in tomorrow

amira wrote: »
    Where did you buy the chip tray? i was meant to buy one this weekend, but couldnt find any..

i saw chip and crisp trays in dunnes stores at the weekend

Little question though - does anyone else find it very hard to work out their activity points - I like to track them and I use them before I hit my weeklies (as per iWatcher setup) but I find the variance between medium and high intensity seems to be very big. I'd consider I'm working out at medium (on the cross trainer my heart rate is at the top of the Cardio bit so if I go higher I'm into the red zone, cant really tell on the bike but am going as fast as I can) as I could hold a conversation but not sing. So 60 mins is 4.3(med) or 10.5 (high) - am I working it out correctly, seems a very big difference?

Actually I was only having this conversation with my hubby, we walked yesterday and it was up hill and down hill for over an hour I was pushing a buggy with two children in it so to me up hill was hard work and high and I even call the down hill medium as it was hard going with the buggy stopping it from getting away from me LOL he said he call it all medium confused.gif
    so yea I'm just as confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

amira wrote: »
    i saw them in homestore,think they were 6 euro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement