Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal v Spurs: Sun 26th @ 13:30

• 22-02-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭

Well, here it is, the final NLD of the season, in what has so far been Spurs best ever season in the Premiership. Spurs are 10 points ahead of Arsenal with the same games played and you'd have to think that a win for Spurs at the Emirates would almost certainly mean that Arsenal cannot catch up. Even a draw would more than likely suffice.

On the other hand, a win for Arsenal could well kick start their season, though with the players they have and the general morale at the club this is probably unlikely.

This is the beginning of a series of 3 very tough games. Away to Arsenal, home to Utd and away to Everton. A win is as likely in each of the games as a loss is, so I believe we will have a very good idea where we're going to finish in the league come the end of these games.

My preferred team, assuming we have no injuries;

Friedel
    Walker - Kaboul - King - BAE
    Lennon - Modric - Parker - Bale
    Saha --- Ade

Saha and Ade were superb against Newcastle and I'd like to see if they can continue that partnership. Lennon was electric when he came on at the weekend and although Krancjar has been great too, extra pace on the wings could be key.

Another option would be to play this team;

Friedel
    VDV

Ade

VDV loves playing against Arsenal, though he hasn't played in a few weeks now so it may not be the best game for him.

I would happily take a draw from this one now, but if the lads can go there with confidence, on a nice wide pitch, there's no reason we can't get the win.

COYS!!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I said already that i'd rip your arm off for 0-0 and i still feel the same. Aresnal need to win, Anything less for them will be a disaster.

I'd also love to see Ade & Saha up front. in reality to keep the title challenge up we need to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

SuprSi wrote: »
    Well, here it is, the final NLD of the season, in what has so far been Spurs best ever season in the Premiership. Spurs are 10 points ahead of Arsenal with the same games played and you'd have to think that a win for Spurs at the Emirates would almost certainly mean that Arsenal cannot catch up. Even a draw would more than likely suffice.

On the other hand, a win for Arsenal could well kick start their season, though with the players they have and the general morale at the club this is probably unlikely.

This is the beginning of a series of 3 very tough games. Away to Arsenal, home to Utd and away to Everton. A win is as likely in each of the games as a loss is, so I believe we will have a very good idea where we're going to finish in the league come the end of these games.

My preferred team, assuming we have no injuries;

Friedel
    Saha --- Ade

Saha and Ade were superb against Newcastle and I'd like to see if they can continue that partnership. Lennon was electric when he came on at the weekend and although Krancjar has been great too, extra pace on the wings could be key.

Another option would be to play this team;

Friedel
    VDV

Ade

VDV loves playing against Arsenal, though he hasn't played in a few weeks now so it may not be the best game for him.

I would happily take a draw from this one now, but if the lads can go there with confidence, on a nice wide pitch, there's no reason we can't get the win.

COYS!!

Think we should be out to win this. Arsenal are riddled with injuries and we are in flying form

It's as simple as this, keep van Persie quiet and we should win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

mickman wrote: »
    Think we should be out to win this. Arsenal are riddled with injuries and we are in flying form

It's as simple as this, keep van Persie quiet and we should win

totally agree. he is far and away the best player they have.

personally speaking i hate thsi fixture as much as i love it! (work that out eh?)

for as much as it excites me i always have said it on their day ARSEnal can tear teams apart no matter who they are. COME ON YOU SPURS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

All we have to do is look at what other teams have been doing to take them apart : Get in behind their defense .... and what beeter team of players to do then us!

We'll hammer them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

TEAM NEWS

Good morning from Spurs Lodge! Harry has just gone through our team news ahead of the big one at Arsenal on Sunday. And it's good news! Harry says he's 'hopeful' of Luka Modric, Emmanuel Adebayor, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Rafa van der Vaart all being available for the Emirates. Sandro isn't ready yet, William Gallas remains out.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

My baby girls christening is sunday at 2pm :eek: so i'll make it too the pub for the last 20 hopefully, just in time to have a beer and enjoy a comfortable finish :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hatch99 wrote: »
    My baby girls christening is sunday at 2pm :eek: so i'll make it too the pub for the last 20 hopefully, just in time to have a beer and enjoy a comfortable finish :D

Don't suppose the missus would take kindly to you putting the christening off till next week no ?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Definitely record it and enjoy it in full later!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

RoboClam wrote: »

Just make sure your missus has plenty of batteries for the camcorder. It would suck to run out of coverage half way through the christening.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

If BAE doesn't make it, I'd leave King and Dawson together and play Kaboul LB. Hard on Rose, but those three wouls give real solidity with Scotty in front of them. Great to hear Ade and Gallas talking about winning the title this week. If we look on this as a big game on the road to contesting top spot come May, and raise our expectations from ourselves, it's a better frame of mind than trying to defend third spot and playing negatively.
    Deep down, Arsenal probably think they are better than us still, and a succession of injuries at the back have been the biggest reason for the current gap. Good. The slower they are to learn Spurs are for real, the better. Win this one, and take it to Man Yoo in a weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

If we are two up with ten to go, it's time the current Arsenal team got a chant, an update on the classic
    Selley Parlour and Hillier
    Was there ever a midfield sillier

Says a lot about football they won the title in 91, and won it easily. We did for them in the cup though

defeat tomorrow and we are playing for 3rd position - thats a great season for us

win tomorrow and win in style and we are aiming for top spot - we will have a near full squad for tomorrow. benny will make it alright, he was training during the week and is naturally fit anyway

friedal

walker king kaboul ekotto

lennon modric parker bale

vdv
    ade

niko might get a start instead of lennon as he has put in a few good shifts recently but lennon is first choice i would say.

bench of cudicinni , defoe, niko, dawson, rose , livermore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

mickman wrote: »
    defeat tomorrow and we are playing for 3rd position - thats a great season for us

win tomorrow and win in style and we are aiming for top spot - we will have a near full squad for tomorrow. benny will make it alright, he was training during the week and is naturally fit anyway

friedal

walker king kaboul ekotto

lennon modric parker bale

vdv
    ade

niko might get a start instead of lennon as he has put in a few good shifts recently but lennon is first choice i would say.

bench of cudicinni , defoe, niko, dawson, rose , livermore

No Saha on the bench? I think that would be a huge mistake, he connects brilliantly with Ade and could be the breaking of this Arsenal team if he was brought on in the second half

forgot about saha.

on bench for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

glad to see vdv back for us tomorrow,has a habit of scoring against the gooners and i hope he continues this form into tomorrows match.hoping for a win but predicting a draw 1-1.....adebayor to be asassinated after he scores the last minute equalizer.

Emoran wrote: »
    Don't suppose the missus would take kindly to you putting the christening off till next week no ?! :P

Let's just say I didn't pick the date :rolleyes:

RoboClam wrote: »

I'll record it alright but I'll have plenty of updates throughout the ceremony ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I hope ur day goes a lot better then the day of my wedding.

25th April 2009, Spurs Vs Utd.

After the chruch ceremony we all made our way back to the hotel. Spurs V utd kicked off and we were 2-0 up and in control at half time.

Then we all got called into the reception room for the dinner, speeches etc.

My the time the main course was served UTD we back to 2-2.
    I could barely eat my dessert as I looked down from the top table and saw all the utd fans fist pumping the air as they went on to win 5-2. what a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fd

do you guys still watch the games in tom maye's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Arsenal XI:
    Szczesny,
    Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs,
    ---Song, Arteta, Rosicky,
    Walcott,
    Benayoun,
    Van Persie

Solid team for Arsenal

Freidel;
    Walker, Kaboul, King, AsEkotto;
    Kranjcar, Parker, Modric, Bale;
    --Adebayor, Saha.

Intresting 4-4-2 for us Lennon on the bench is some sub to have.

As far as I know a lot of people still go Tom Maye's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

fd wrote: »
    do you guys still watch the games in tom maye's?

Never heard of it, so that'd be a no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Never heard of it, so that'd be a no from me.

Its in Dublin city centre.Ive never been there but heard it mentioned here in plenty of game threads.:)

and Please god let us hammer them today and give wenger another reason to throw his water bottle away like a 2yr old:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I so badly want to win this - the seasons progress will feel very sour if we don't comprehensively show the gooners we are the better team these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Lennon, Vdv, Sandro and Defoe is some bench....

I hope we run riot! coys!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Any links to watch it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Any links to watch it ?

Loads on wiziwig.tv
    http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=142780&part=sports

If you have sopcast player hit the bloodzeed link, he's a yiddo, streams HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

0-1, Saha! Get in!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

1 nil!!!!!!!!!!!! saha ya legend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Nice to be 1 up. I was just in the middle of texting a Arsenal fan mate saying best of luck, had to delete it :D

Advertisement