Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

really sorry, know how it is, my uncle died at the age of 50 very suddenly, from stroke that came out of nowhere.. got up in the middle of the night to go to bathroom, fell next to door, til he was in hospital he was gone.. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Joya wrote: »
    really sorry, know how it is, my uncle died at the age of 50 very suddenly, from stroke that came out of nowhere.. got up in the middle of the night to go to bathroom, fell next to door, til he was in hospital he was gone.. :(

Sorry to hear that joya, my dad had a stroke a few years back too , after 6 months in hospital and some time in the nrh in dun laoghaire he came out the other end of it ok thank god.

Glad to hear that about your dad Sephiroth..
    My mom died 5 years ago and I still miss her.. She was 64, on 17th March 2010 and that is the last time I spoke with her over the phone..told her all Ireland is celebrating her birthday..
    She went to hospital few days after that to do some tests cause she had asthma
    and she died on 29rh March as her lungs caught gangrene unexpectedly in the night..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Sorry to hear that joya, my dad had a stroke a few years back too , after 6 months in hospital and some time in the nrh in dun laoghaire he came out the other end of it ok thank god.

Have a massive history of clots and strokes in our family. Three of my grand parents died of strokes, as did my uncle. My aunt died from a clot that travelled up from her leg and lodged itself between her heart and her lungs. I fear the bejesus out of them. Sorry for going on about it :o

I hope you're doing ok Seph.
    Joya wrote: »
    Glad to hear that about your dad Sephiroth..
    My mom died 5 years ago and I still miss her.. She was 64, on 17th March 2010 and that is the last time I spoke with her over the phone..told her all Ireland is celebrating her birthday..
    She went to hospital few days after that to do some tests cause she had asthma
    and she died on 29rh March as her lungs caught gangrene unexpectedly in the night..

Hugs for Joya!

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Have a massive history of clots and strokes in our family. Three of my grand parents died of strokes, as did my uncle. My aunt died from a clot that travelled up from her leg and lodged itself between her heart and her lungs. I fear the bejesus out of them. Sorry for going on about it :o

I hope you're doing ok Seph.

Hugs for Joya!

yes i hope you are doing okay seph as well..

mozz sorry to hear that..
    the thing about death is that there is no barganing with it, it has no roll back option no matter how much we'd like that.. i guess it is why its hard to come to its terms...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, last night my dog died in my arms.

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Angron wrote: »
    sorry to hear that, Angron :(:(

If you can read this, you're too close!

sincere condolencies angron..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Angron wrote:
    My heart sank a little bit when I read that. :(

I'm so sorry Angron. I know it seems awful now but it's nice that you were there for her at the very end. Hope you're doing all right. If there's anything any of us can do, give us a shout.

xx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Angron, i haven't got words. *Hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

So sorry to hear that man. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry too hear about your dog angron, our fella is getting old (15 this summer :O) and I worry he won't be around for much longer, I'll miss him when he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

That's pretty ****, hope you're alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

so sorry to hear angron:( hope you're doing ok, pm is there if you wish to chat..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm so sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Oh Angron, I am so sorry for your loss. *Hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to here that Angron.

I agree with Paws in that it was good you were there for her at the end.

Our dog back home is well over 10 i reckon & is starting to show her age. I would feel 10 times worse when the day eventually comes if I wasn't around.

PM is always open here.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

Angron that is heartbreaking, at least it was with the person who loved them. You'll miss them terrible, I've been through it, take care x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Cut two of what I thought were my best friends out of my life today. After 6 months of stress and misery over them I couldn't handle it anymore

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

akamossy wrote: »
    Cut two of what I thought were my best friends out of my life today. After 6 months of stress and misery over them I couldn't handle it anymore

That's a difficult decision to come to, well done.. No regrets ok?.

• Advertisement

That's a difficult decision to come to, well done.. No regrets ok?.

Was a long time coming but as usual they think they've done nothing wrong. It was hard but if I didn't do it I was gonna just continue to be miserable. I'm just sorry that I bothered to believe for so long anything would change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sometimes it has to be done. Hopefully all will be well in the end there AK.

We all give someone we considered a friend a good bit more of a chance than others, least you know you're right. *Hugs*

Can only stick around people who are dragging you down for so long AKA.

If you are meant to be friends, you will drift back together over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sounds like they weren't really friends mossy if they stressed you out and made you miserable for so long. Hope you're ok x

My family and other friends are great though even if I don't see them as much. My friend called over straight away on her lunch break from work for chats and my mum and my sister took me for lunch and shopping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feeling angry. Was supposed to head up to the Viking thing with friends. Woke up to a snapchat of them already gone. I fail to see the reason in my friends pulling this kind of crap on an aggravatingly regular basis.

I've also been told my Granny has leukemia, cause life never stops dumping on people apparently.

Jaysis Angron.. That's not too bloody friendly.. F*them!. Your gran must be a shock too. When life 5hits on you it really does.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hope you're ok mossy, that must have been hard to do, not worth it if they're stressing you out and making you unhappy

had to do it myself recently, life's way too short for being unhappy, all the better for it now:)

jeepers angron, I'm really sorry:( *hugs*

• Advertisement

Fook Angron been a rough couple of months. Have had friends arrange nights out without me before. Did bother me at first, but then said fcuk them & started doing what I wanted & didn't involve them.

Really sorry to hear about your Gran. Can't imagine what you are going through. Try & put on a brave face, for her sake anyway.

PM box is open for business & Lair is open for destressing

Advertisement