Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car insurance for 36 year old female learner driver

Options
  • 18-04-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am learning to drive and thinking of buying my own car. The car is a Golf 1.4 litre 2006. I will not be a named driver. I have only started looking into how much insurance will cost, does anyone have any ideas of cost or even where best to start looking for insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

ring around and ask, get out the phone book and start negotiating.
    You will still pay a high premium as a new driver, even though you are not under 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Well Im 29, Male, first time L driver and with a 1.2 clio paying just under 1300.

I went around countless insurance companies online on the phone ended up with AXA try them they will at least quote you no matter what, 25plus.ie are the same xs direst too but their XS is 3000. AA, allianz cant think of others at the moment XD.

No Nonsense and FBD wont quote new drivers at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Richie6904 wrote: »

No Nonsense and FBD wont quote new drivers at all!!

They quoted me when I was starting out. Still with them to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

i was 31 female when i started,cost me e945 zurich insurance fully comp main driver with 2 others named on it.1litre yaris 02 last year.go to qouteme.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Faith+1 wrote: »
    They quoted me when I was starting out. Still with them to this day.

How long have u been with them?

Well maybe the have since changed their underwriting criteria as I was told by them thats why they wont quote someone without at least 1 years driving/insurance experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Richie6904 wrote: »
    How long have u been with them?

Well maybe the have since changed their underwriting criteria as I was told by them thats why they wont quote someone without at least 1 years driving/insurance experience

Got quoted €1460 TPFT back in '08, was 23 with a full licence and driving a 1.2.
    Seemed alot at the time but was quoted over 2k with other insurers. Now I'm down to €420 fully comp. You'll get stung the first year but it's plain sailing after!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I am learning to drive and thinking of buying my own car. The car is a Golf 1.4 litre 2006. I will not be a named driver. I have only started looking into how much insurance will cost, does anyone have any ideas of cost or even where best to start looking for insurance?

If you are not planning on being a named driver, why are you thinking of buying a car, and why are you insuring it? Are you buying this car for someone else? If you plan on learning to drive in this car, you must be insured to drive in it too.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    If you are not planning on being a named driver, why are you thinking of buying a car, and why are you insuring it? Are you buying this car for someone else? If you plan on learning to drive in this car, you must be insured to drive in it too.

She means not being a named driver on someone else's policy (ie; getting her own policy).

OP I went through Chill.ie about 6-8 weeks ago. I'm 24, male, and first time driver (no prior experience/insurance at all). Driving a 1.4 Ford Focus, my insurance came in at €1,309.

Advertisement