Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Here are my bets for the night. Some are just for fun and to keep interest :) Followed Soby on one or two again thanks to his good tips for last night:

Single: Tottenham / Draw @ 11/1
    Half-Time/Full-Time

Single: Chelsea / Tottenham @ 25/1
    Half-Time/Full-Time

Single: Tottenham / Chelsea @ 25/1
    Half-Time/Full-Time

Paddy Power Enhanced Special: Chelsea to beat Spurs, Wayne Jones to beat R Scholten and Wes Newton to beat Justin Pipe @ 9/2

Will post up more later if I find value...

Good luck everyone tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

I was certain I put a bet on Porto to win at HT. But now it's not showing in my account. I tried Live Chat.They can't do anything. There's nothing else I can do is there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Tottenham averaging 2.06 goals per game in the Prem this season, Chelsea averaging 2.12, goals conceded averages are 1.20 and 1.18 respectively.

Having said that, Tottenham will struggle to create as many chances if Bale & Lennon aren't available, so will wait for starting line-up.

Expecting Chelsea to nick it 2-1, maybe 3-1 as Tottenham push all out for an equaliser

Over 2.5 Goals 4/5
    Over 3.5 Goals 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Can't believe some of you guys think Chelsea can win tonight, they were shocking against Wigan and didn't deserve to win against City imo, they could barely string two passes together in the first half. Even w/o Bale & Lennon, Spurs still have Modric, VDV, Pienaar...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Can't believe some of you guys think Chelsea can win tonight, they were shocking against Wigan and didn't deserve to win against City imo, they could barely string two passes together in the first half. Even w/o Bale & Lennon, Spurs still have Modric, VDV, Pienaar...

Think Bale might be playing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Tottenham averaging 2.06 goals per game in the Prem this season, Chelsea averaging 2.12, goals conceded averages are 1.20 and 1.18 respectively.

That's taking into account both home and away fixtures though, you should only really be taking Spurs home fixtures and Chelsea's away to get a fairer representation.

Spurs at home: 2.28 average scored - 1 average conceded
    Chelsea away: 1.63 average scored - 0.875 average conceded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Price alert.

Don't take paddy powers price on spurs it's an insult. paddys is 2.62
    betfairs is 3.05

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Have a small bit on :

Kalamata ht/ AEK ft - 33/1 - there's been a small amount being bet on this, but compared to ever other turn its high in comparison.

and the other 2 later greek cup kick offs for either team to be winning and half the result overturned after half time.

The last of the other 2 games i chose comes in at 25/1

:D, may need to start increasing stakes on these

The last of the other 2 games i chose comes in at 25/1

:D, may need to start increasing stakes on these

Have you tracked the profit on these? If so what are you at? Very interesting to say the least:D

I have yeah, mentioned a while ago that i'll be putting more effort in after crimbo with a log and stuff, just too much gonna on with college at the moment,

I've had 3 hit from about 24 selections,

returning about 65 points from 24 risked

• Advertisement

I have yeah, mentioned a while ago that i'll be putting more effort in after crimbo with a log and stuff, just too much gonna on with college at the moment,

I've had 3 hit from about 24 selections,

returning about 65 points from 24 risked

Are you actually backing them or just yano listing the ones that you think and then putting a unit stake on them?

backing them, just to really keep a history of them, small stakes, point = 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any team news for spurs v chelsea please

backing them, just to really keep a history of them, small stakes, point = 2 euro.

Cool beans, definately be keeping an eye out for the log anyways when you're up and running.

Headshot wrote: »
    any team news for spurs v chelsea please

#THFC XI: Friedel; Walker, Gallas, King, Assou-Ekotto; Van Der Vaart, Parker, Sandro, Bale; Modric, Adebayor

thanks lads

A bit of a shock that bale is playing

Hopefully the chelsea lineup will appear soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Spurs Team:

Friedel; Walker King Gallas Assou-Ekotto; Modric Parker Sandro Bale; Van der Vaart; Adebayor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Chelsea's team vs Tottenham: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Meireles, Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Odds on Spurs are rising...that's not a good sign

John Terry 5/2 for a card with Unibet

• Advertisement

phew lucky I waited for the lineups before I went for the cards

Odds on Spurs are rising...that's not a good sign
    It's a stronger team than expected with King and Bale, i'll be having some of Spurs. Chelsea are muck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Tottenham v Chelsea
    Hard to pick the winner in this game first bet anyway is
    Total booking points over 50 points @ 7/5 bluesquare

Over 12 corners 29/20

over 13 corners @ 15/8
    over 2.5 goals @ 5/6
    J.Terry to be booked @ 5/2
    Chelsea more cards than Spurs 4/5

are my selections for the game. enjoy

Tottenham DNB @ 2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Tottenham v Chelsea;

Over 2.5 Total Goals 4/5
    Stake 20€ Potential Returns 36€

Over 3.5 Total Goals 15/8
    Stake 10€ Potential Returns 29€

Draw 12/5
    Stake 10€ Potential Returns 34€

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Just done 12 or more corners and card index of 60pts or more at 4/1 PP

Think the match is too hard to callof who will win so did more of an interest bet than anything.
    good luck all.

What's peoples thoughts on Spurs -1 corner handicap at 5/4, there's a lot more width in that Spurs side than Chelsea's?

Edit: can't find any stats for Spurs home corner stats or Chelsea's away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

PP had a powerplay in the shops earlier of Barcelona to score 5 or more goals at 2/1 tonight.
    By the time it took me to think about it they finished it and l did'nt get bet on.
    looked a good bet.

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Just done 12 or more corners and card index of 60pts or more at 4/1 PP

Get out of my head

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement