Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow performing HTC Desire

• 23-10-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

I have an HTC Desire bought in June 2010. And I like the phone & don't want to change models yet. But lately when I go to make a call, check tweetdeck, go onto different apps etc, it stalls and doesn't let me do anything for a few minutes. My system is updated with 2.2. And I am on Meteor.

So basically what I am looking for is if others had any issues like me and what they did to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have you installed more and more apps in the last 15 months?
    Maybe its time for a factory reset...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

Yeh I have - installed and uninstalled. So might be best to try the factory restore? Would my installed apps then be ready to be installed through App Brain even if I do a factory restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

are you suffering data latency at all along with your current issues?

jimmynokia wrote: »
    are you suffering data latency at all along with your current issues?

Not really - like with Tweetdeck, if I click on the home button to be able to refresh, it takes about 3 button presses of the Home key to key the options up, but if I click on home other times, it works.
    Last week when I went to answer a call, it wouldn't let me & kept ringing. I had to call back.
    Just seems to stall every now & again.
    Am going to try restoring the phone and re-installing everything now tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 baz30

I have this all the time with my Sony Ericsson experia arc anybody hAve solutions ... Only hAve the phone since June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

A factory rest could sort it out.

One other thing maybe that you've certain apps saved to the SD card that are slowing it down.

You could root your phone and flash another ROM. I have leedroid 3.3.3 R5 it's pretty quick. It's a desire HD ROM for the normal desire.

Did the factory restore - will see now how it goes during the week. Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Kye Icy Lyrics

Robo if you're comfortable with flashing your Desire, give Gingerbread a try. My misses had similar problems with hers but since flashing GB, she hasn't had any lag problems.

Gingerbread for the Desire is available on the HTC developer site.

Robo if you're comfortable with flashing your Desire, give Gingerbread a try. My misses had similar problems with hers but since flashing GB, she hasn't had any lag problems.

Gingerbread for the Desire is available on the HTC developer site.

Thanks - going to see how I get on for the week with the reset - seems much better this morning, so fingers crossed. But might think of changing to Gingerbread in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd change to a Gingerbread rom. FroYo is absolutely ancient now.

• Advertisement

Just to add - I'm not sure how upgrading to GB affects your warranty. The phone I updated is out of warranty. It’s technically an 'official' update but it's only available on the HTC developer site. I’d recommend you do some research before upgrading, but it was super easy to flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

Just to add - I'm not sure how upgrading to GB affects your warranty. The phone I updated is out of warranty. It’s technically an 'official' update but it's only available on the HTC developer site. I’d recommend you do some research before upgrading, but it was super easy to flash.

I've heard the official GB ROM is huge and leaves feck all space for apps, personally I'd look at a different GB one from.xda

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Delete the app cache. Tweetdeck has an issue with this afair.

The phone has all the apps back on it. Still plenty of room for more.
    It's definitely much snappier but it could be because I've only recently flashed GB. I'll check the phone again in a couple weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Basically had the same problem...I done a factory reset and installed Go Launcher and now its the best its ever been...

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Missus has the same issue with a Legend on 2.2
    Has loads of internal space for apps left (70MB) SD card has 120 MB free but the web stalls and also swiping through screens etc is dog slow

Think a factory reset might be in order

One question - will it remember all the apps she has installed (i.e. paid apps etc) I presume they will be on her Android Market web account and that its just a case of pushing them to the phone once reset

Factory reset helped a lot but I thought that I would go one step further & I installed the Gingerbread ROM & it is nice & smooth!
    Very easy to install - just got it from the HTC site.

Advertisement