Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

hardCopy wrote: »
    I can't find any reference to it outside of this thread. HTC aren't listed as members of the ANT+ Alliance so I doubt it'll appear on any HTC phones any time soon.

Apparently some HTC phones have had ANT+ for last few years though it isn't necessarily enabled in the firmware :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

nedd wrote: »
    I'm on stock. Just got it set up the way i wanted as well :-( what Rom are you on?

Android Revolution HD 1.2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Just got my One X a few minutes ago. Bootiful piece of kit!

O2 branding will have to go ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭dave13

Just got the update(meteor unbranded). will see if it makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Apparently some HTC phones have had ANT+ for last few years though it isn't necessarily enabled in the firmware :rolleyes:

Didn't know that.

Although if the GPS is anything like the one on the Desire it'd be useless for any kind of long run. Mine used to die after an hour or so on runs. Garmin and a small MP3 player is much preferable and less stress when you get caught in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

hardCopy wrote: »
    Didn't know that.

Although if the GPS is anything like the one on the Desire it'd be useless for any kind of long run. Mine used to die after an hour or so on runs. Garmin and a small MP3 player is much preferable and less stress when you get caught in the rain.

Seriously ? I still use my desire and it works perfectly. I find the GPS very accurate. I used it on a 5 hour walk recently and the battery lasted the whole way. Died on the way home after but still I think that was decent. I don't listen to music when I run/walk and on the odd occasion I do I use my old ipod nano.

I want a phone that I can use a heart rate monitor with specifically so that I don't have to give Garmin money for a watch that does stuff my phone already does - 300+ ssems to much just to add heart rate monitor functionality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

dave13 wrote: »
    Just got the update(meteor unbranded). will see if it makes any difference

Same here - about a 30mb update

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

How do I find the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Got a prompt for my update too, but surprise surprise i have to charge my battery, somewhat ironic!

Hopefully this improves things!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

tok9 wrote: »
    Settings --> About --> Software Updates

Then keep pushing Check Now until it gets the update. It may take more than one try.

If it doesn't work... download the following zip and put it in to your Downloads folder and hopefully you should get something in the status bar about a software update.

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.9-1.26.401.2_release_256505w0tk6eiq8g74y4vb.zip

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do HTC keep a changelog or is what's in the update kept private?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So basically the screen absolutely devoures the battery. So if like me you use a lot of WhatsApp and internet etc, you're screwed. Whats the point in having an incredible screen if you have to put it on half brightness unless you want it to die in 8 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

How does HTC One X compare to the Galaxy 2. Which is a better phone? etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Zascar wrote: »
    So basically the screen absolutely devoures the battery. So if like me you use a lot of WhatsApp and internet etc, you're screwed. Whats the point in having an incredible screen if you have to put it on half brightness unless you want it to die in 8 hours

I think that's the case with any phone. I haven't owned a phone yet that i didn't have to pull down the brightness to automatic in order to keep me going for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

madmoe wrote: »
    Android Revolution HD 1.2.3

Thanks, will install that now. There is something on the page about the Firmware package, i never needed to do this with my Desire S, do i need to do this now?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    Settings --> About --> Software Updates

Then keep pushing Check Now until it gets the update. It may take more than one try.

If it doesn't work... download the following zip and put it in to your Downloads folder and hopefully you should get something in the status bar about a software update.

http://fotadl.htc.com/OTA_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.9-1.26.401.2_release_256505w0tk6eiq8g74y4vb.zip

Found it earlier but thanks. it found it first go and installed now. haven't noticed anything really, what is on the update?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think they have turned down the brightness on automatic to help battery, they have also fixed apps like you tube to show the menu button in the correct place instead of the 3 dots at the bottom.

They say they have fixed the issue of garbled text in the notification bar and improved battery life but it will take a while before I could confirm either of those.

I haven't noticed any other changes.

Zascar wrote: »

TOTALLY agree here!

nedd wrote: »
    Thanks, will install that now. There is something on the page about the Firmware package, i never needed to do this with my Desire S, do i need to do this now?

Thanks

Nope, not yet. I defo didn't anyhow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads can anyone tell me what this phone is like compared to the galaxy s 2?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's way way way way better.

Well I never had an S2 but spec wise it's much better, screen , processor etc.

As far as looks, design, materials etc that's pretty subjective but I prefer the new HTC one. I certainly wouldn't buy a S2 now as the S3 is only around the corner.

If you can't wait for the S3 want a phone now and don't like the HTC's maybe the galaxy nexus might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

hey guys. have had my One X for over a week now and I'm loving it.
    I'm a novice when it comes to watching movies etc ... so would like some tips on how to get some HD movies on there (for free ideally).

thanks,
    r

ps. ditto the issue with lag unlocking the phone, takes a noticeable second to wake up. also, position of unlock button (top right) is not ideal, obstructed slightly by the peak at the top of the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

ps. ditto the issue with lag unlocking the phone, takes a noticeable second to wake up. also, position of unlock button (top right) is not ideal, obstructed slightly by the peak at the top of the phone

At least its not just me. Flashed a custom rom and still there, just not as much. I will give it a couple of days. Maybe it just needs to settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭ofcork

I have the s and am very happy with it,coming from a sensation the battery life is fantastic ,took it off charge at 7am and now its still on 70% with push email,few hours of radio some music playing and some browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Never noticed the lag when messing about with the gfs One X. Really do wish they put the power button on the side. So tempted to buy this, but I'm trying to wait to see what the SGS3 brings, I'm really not sure I can hold out till next month.

ofcork wrote: »
    I have the s and am very happy with it,coming from a sensation the battery life is fantastic ,took it off charge at 7am and now its still on 70% with push email,few hours of radio some music playing and some browsing.

Deadly!

Never noticed the lag when messing about with the gfs One X. Really do wish they put the power button on the side. So tempted to buy this, but I'm trying to wait to see what the SGS3 brings, I'm really not sure I can hold out till next month.

May 3rd is not too far away......

I wonder if there is any comparisons done on the battery of the S vs the X. If the S was a lot better I probably would go for it. The screen on the S is hardly small and its a lot thinner - might be a more sensible option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

One X update definitely seems to have improved battery life.

Advertisement