Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Breakfast in Maynooth this Sunday or Monday?

Options
  • 30-05-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hi
    it is Mrs. Maal's birthday this weekend and she would like to go for breakfast somewhere in Maynooth this Sunday or (B/H) Monday- somewhere with a nice atmosphere where you can laze over the papers while having good quality fry or other "interesting" things for brekkie.
    Any recommendations would be welcome:o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Never been there for breakfast but the gatehouse is a nice spot and I can't imagine they'd be rushing you out - http://www.thegatehouse.ie/

Paddy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Coffee Mill under the pound/tat shop on Mill Street has the best breakfast in the town since Pickwicks closed and now opens Sundays - not sure about Bank Holidays though. Does a lot more than just fries. Never felt rushed out even when they had to effectively build us a table from the newspaper stand and some spare chairs due to being so busy just before Christmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love The Coffee Mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

+1 for The Coffee Mill - the same guy owns The Coffee Lounge a few doors up, not sure if they open for breakfast though

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Best brekkie in Maynooth is Kehoe's (Maynooth Coffee House) beside The Roost. Unsure if they're open on those days though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Defo the Coffee Lounge, tis a classy little spot and defo does brekkies, have been there a few times and it's above anywhere in Maynooth for decor, foodwise it's on a par with anywhere else (pretty darn good).

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Wow- thanks all! We'll have a look around on Sunday and see what appeals:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Staplor wrote: »
    Defo the Coffee Lounge, tis a classy little spot and defo does brekkies, have been there a few times and it's above anywhere in Maynooth for decor, foodwise it's on a par with anywhere else (pretty darn good).

Not sure about that fire... :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Twist for me. I never like the coffee mill, reminds me of a canteen too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The place in the Supervalu building. The closet thing to the Rye. I have great memories of the Rye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

The Rye was cheap, rough and ready. Very student and builder friendly. I don't think it ticks any of the OP's criteria to be fair! :)
    As far as I know, both Glenroyal Cafe and The Rye "greasy spoon" shared the same owners

Well, we went to the Coffee Mill and had a really lovely breakfast sitting outside at the back- really good staff, fair enough prices considering the quality of the fry up. All finished off with a double espresso:) Will definitely be back.

Thanks to all for the opinions offered- much appreciated.

Now, where do I start a thread on how much of a rag the Sunday Independent has become.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

baaba maal wrote: »
    Well, we went to the Coffee Mill and had a really lovely breakfast sitting outside at the back- really good staff, fair enough prices considering the quality of the fry up. All finished off with a double espresso:) Will definitely be back.

Thanks to all for the opinions offered- much appreciated.

Now, where do I start a thread on how much of a rag the Sunday Independent has become.........

Why do so many people hate the Sunday Independent?

Thanks Brian T!!!

Advertisement