Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Battery problems Galaxy S1

Options
  • 14-05-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    I have my galaxy S1 for around 16 months now and a week ago its as if a switch flicked in it and now the battery is dead by 6 or 7 in the evening. I used to charge it every day but it would always last nearly two days if I didn't charge it.
    Do I need to buy a new battery or is it time for an S2???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

It could be a recently installed app that is draining your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Up to you really. A new battery is cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004IJ9M6W/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1337040673&sr=8-1

This is the best/cheapest one you can get. I got it off Ebay but Amazon should be ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

bandit197 wrote: »
    It could be a recently installed app that is draining your battery.

I thought the same thing but i uninstalled all the apps i downloaded in the last month!(there was only 2)
    Simi wrote: »
    Up to you really. A new battery is cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004IJ9M6W/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1337040673&sr=8-1

This is the best/cheapest one you can get. I got it off Ebay but Amazon should be ok too.

So does this mean that you think it is the battery Simi??

Would i not be better getting a genuine Samsung battery??

Thanks for the replys folks!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Madness, the battery has started lasting the same length is used to before!!!!
    Absolute madness. Good thing i didn't waste al my money on a new S2

Advertisement