Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Wesc. wrote: »
    I'm leaving out heat just because I can't be arsed studying it, the effort like:P

I think Heat is one of the easiest chapters on the course and it's very handy knowing it especially because a Heat experiment is likely to come up.

Speaking of physics, just gave myself a mini-mock on the 2003 paper and got 93%. Now I'm going through it and thinking where's the catch cos it seems just too good to be true :P I think the catch is that papers a few years ago were much more manageable than they are now. Also, I've went thru all those questions before when studying at some stage so I won't get my hopes up just yet.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Yeah I was why? :L Had the most awkward conversation with one of the mathematical science fellas at it :P

Ye were at it too? I was there with my friend :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I might go library tomorrow not sure though, I can't decide and it's much harder on Saturdays to study at home. But I hate going library by myself it's okay sometimes but I can't get a good amount done as I need the full day. You'd have to leave and get lunch and it's awkward eating on your own lol. I could just go for the morning and leave early and do the rest at home :S. How long do you normally spend in the library when you go? I can only do 3-4 hours on my own.

How long do you normally spend in the library when you go? I can only do 3-4 hours on my own.

Same. After that my mind starts wandering and I end up reading some random book from a shelf.

Although I prefer studying on my own, going with a friend means odds are they will ask for help or you might start talking etc. Being Forever Alone while studying in the library is best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

subz3r0 wrote: »
    I think Heat is one of the easiest chapters on the course and it's very handy knowing it especially because a Heat experiment is likely to come up.

Speaking of physics, just gave myself a mini-mock on the 2003 paper and got 93%. Now I'm going through it and thinking where's the catch cos it seems just too good to be true :P I think the catch is that papers a few years ago were much more manageable than they are now. Also, I've went thru all those questions before when studying at some stage so I won't get my hopes up just yet.

I think heat is easy too, it's great. Much easier than things like electromagnetic induction or waves.

Congrats on the mini-mock, I did that with the 2011 paper recently and got 78. That's a grade better than my pre (so at least I'm not getting worse), but I still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully we get a nice paper in June. :o

• Advertisement

Same. After that my mind starts wandering and I end up reading some random book from a shelf.

Although I prefer studying on my own, going with a friend means odds are they will ask for help or you might start talking etc. Being Forever Alone while studying in the library is best imo.

The last time I went I sat one seat away and there was a person in between us as it was packed I got a lot done and because we couldn't speak because someone was in between us it was okay. I can do the whole day when I go with someone but on my own it's much less. Usually just because I'd rather not eat on my own and I'd have to leave my stuff there in order to keep my seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

finality wrote: »

Your signature. <3

Congrats on the mini-mock, I did that with the 2011 paper recently and got 78. That's a grade better than my pre (so at least I'm not getting worse), but I still have a lot of work to do. Hopefully we get a nice paper in June. :o

I actually just about scraped a D3 in the real Mock :o so I think this is a great improvement for me. Sadly I had to snub other subjects a bit in order to achieve this.

Actually I'm ignoring both Mechanics and Electricity (apart from experiments). Most say that's lunacy but with a bit of luck and a few flukey answers on Q.5 an A1 is achievable. We didn't even cover Mechanics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm gonna try and read and go sleepies now. Have decided (call me crazy) to get up at 5.10 tomorrow morning and start studying at 6.00
    • I have to learn at least half the Geography course tomorrow (Physical, Regional and a Soil Essay)
    • 3 Q.1's and 3 Q.5's for Music
    • Learn and write at least 4 Hamlet essays
    • Do a GV+V essay
    • Do the 2010 Pre-Business Paper,
    • 2 French Comprehensions
    • 3 Written French Questions
    • Inflation, Government, Economic Growth and Development, History of Economic Thought for Economics

It's going to be a wild weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Your signature. <3

As do I love yours!
    But I don't get hers:confused:

• Advertisement

I'm gonna try and read and go sleepies now. Have decided (call me crazy) to get up at 5.10 tomorrow morning and start studying at 6.00
    • I have to learn at least half the Geography course tomorrow (Physical, Regional and a Soil Essay)
    • Do a GV+V essay
    • Inflation, Government, Economic Growth and Development, History of Economic Thought for Economics

That is a ridiculous workload. Spread over two days I hope? :pac:
    Massive as it is I still think it doesn't justify getting up at 5 to study. IMO, its better to get up at 9 and then study. If you get up at 5 you'd be so tired by like 4pm.

Eathrin wrote: »
    As do I love yours!
    But I don't get hers:confused:

It's quoting the one and only! <3 :P Must've been in another thread, someone said something like who do you think you are to dear old rezzie and their username had the word stapler in it. :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Ahaha that was brilliant :pac:
    "I'm reznov! :) you're a stapler?" :L :L

I finished my short story in the end, personally I love it, I think it might be one of the best I've done so far but I love them all like my babies so I didnt say that :P

That is a ridiculous workload. Spread over two days I hope? :pac:
    Massive as it is I still think it doesn't justify getting up at 5 to study. IMO, its better to get up at 9 and then study. If you get up at 5 you'd be so tired by like 4pm.
    2 days yeah, I have to go away some time in the afternoon tomorrow though so I need to try and get as much done as I can early seeing as the exams are way too close for comfort for me ATM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

• Do a GV+V essay

Four Hamlet essays? :eek: It takes me the best part of a day to come up with one from scratch :( You're some man for one man! :P
    Yeah I was why? :L Had the most awkward conversation with one of the mathematical science fellas at it :P

Awh, I was there too! I went to the mathsci booth as well, were you chatting to the guy who had the really bright eyes and who was kinda camp? Not mathsy looking at all, kinda? :P The environmental science guy was cool too, and the girl at biopharmaceutical stand was lovely :D I was standing chatting to the blonde one at the Economics stand too for like an hour haha, she was so sound! What did you reckon of it overall? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

• Do a GV+V essay

Whyyyy? And I'm not just saying that because it makes me feel inadequate, but what do you stand to gain from doing that as opposed to studying at normal hours? :confused:

Four Hamlet essays? :eek: It takes me the best part of a day to come up with one from scratch :( You're some man for one man! :P

Awh, I was there too! I went to the mathsci booth as well, were you chatting to the guy who had the really bright eyes and who was kinda camp? Not mathsy looking at all, kinda? :P The environmental science guy was cool too, and the girl at biopharmaceutical stand was lovely :D I was standing chatting to the blonde one at the Economics stand too for like an hour haha, she was so sound! What did you reckon of it overall? :)
    4. Hopefully! :P I learnt like 3 last week though (Hamlet, Gertrude and Horatio) and they're gone completely out of my mind :/. I'm going to try and do: Polonius, Struggle between Hamlet and Claudius, Importance of Soliloquys and Imagery/Symbolism! Then i'll have only Deception, an Important Scene and the Theme of Loyalty/Betrayal to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Your signature. <3

Reznov seriously cracks me up sometimes. :P

I actually just about scraped a D3 in the real Mock :o so I think this is a great improvement for me. Sadly I had to snub other subjects a bit in order to achieve this.

Actually I'm ignoring both Mechanics and Electricity (apart from experiments). Most say that's lunacy but with a bit of luck and a few flukey answers on Q.5 an A1 is achievable. We didn't even cover Mechanics :P
    Wow, that's brilliant well done!

I love mechanics and some electricity. Mechanics is crazily easy for me because of applied maths. Not covering mechanics makes no sense to me. :( Did ye do an option? I am so glad we did particle physics, it's the best question on the paper.

I love mechanics and some electricity. Mechanics is crazily easy for me because of applied maths. Not covering mechanics makes no sense to me. :( Did ye do an option? I am so glad we did particle physics, it's the best question on the paper.

Yes so basically for Section B I'm studying Optics, Heat, Waves, Semiconductors, Modern Physics, Particle Physics.

And learning all of the experiments regardless if its Mechanics or not.

Reznov seriously cracks me up sometimes. :P

I actually really like the whole Physics course, but especially the Electron, the Nucleus, etc. It's so interesting. :D Particle Physics is fascinating too but I don't think I'll have time to cover it. :( I actually find Applied Electricity really easy, luckily. It's mostly just a case of learning off the diagrams, bit like the experiments I suppose! I really wanna do well in Physics in the Leaving, it's one of my fave subjects. :)

• Advertisement

Ah lads why are we all so dead, the night is still young!
    19 days to go, be grand, get your asses out of bed and bring this thread back to life. ;)

All nighter, eh Patchy? :P

I wonder what will happen to this thread when the lc is over will we just dissert it? we'll no longer need to procrastinate

All nighter, eh Patchy? :P
    You know it! :P
    I wonder what will happen to this thread when the lc is over will we just dissert it? we'll no longer need to procrastinate
    I feel like quoting Church Going by Larkin but its too late for my brain to do that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ah lads why are we all so dead, the night is still young!
    19 days to go, be grand, get your asses out of bed and bring this thread back to life. ;)

Sure we can always repeat... be grand... :P
    I really need to start working :eek: Just not today not after another mini grad day :L :P (yes another and we have another mini grad wednesday :P)

Haha lol omg I would go mental if I had to repeat again and it would be really embarassing. I can't believe it's so close to the leaving now. i actually might wake up early as in 8am to study but I keep saying that then I don't get up until around 9am :rolleyes: I have to plan what to do for the next week as well I keep making plans and not sticking to them for longer than a few days.

You're forgetting about what's going to happen when we go to college :rolleyes: :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    You know it! :P

I feel like quoting Church Going by Larkin but its too late for my brain to do that :pac:

I really want to learn Larkin I have 3 weeks I did start doing one poem and then stopped I don't like Heaney . He seems interesting for some reason. Even though I love Plaths poems. I've done 4 but not in proper detail of Larkin
    You're forgetting about what's going to happen when we go to college :rolleyes: :P

We'll probably always be out loads of nights or every week and it's just writing loads of essays really so it won't be too bad . The new lc will be on their off-topic next year we'll have to leave lol.

I think Larkin's a good bit like Plath - realistically cynical, my kinda poetry. :P
    I find him really easy to write about too, was pleased to see him on my mock. :D

• Advertisement

Heaneys just really boring and I can't relate to him either and it takes me ages to write a essay on him everyone else it can be maybe 30-40mins. My teacher was supposed to do Larkin but she didn't . I'm thinking of going over him tomorrow.
    My teachers going to think I'm crazy into English if I study a poet by myself the only girl who goes to the classes and I always hand up work she thinks I love writing essays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement