Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

mrslow wrote: »
    Really? and what are they into?:D

Oh you know, the usual - sprinting up hills, hard interval sessions, foam rolling... I wouldn't get into the gory detail!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

claralara wrote: »
    Oh you know, the usual - sprinting up hills, hard interval sessions, foam rolling... I wouldn't get into the gory detail!

IT Band stripping mmmmmm:rolleyes: or sports massage when you haven't stretched in a month - the temperatures rising here:D

Thursday 6th January
    Rest - I both needed and wanted this...I haven't found my inner sadist yet. I look forward to meeting him / her / it!

Friday 7th January
    45 min spinning this morning - had to go early because work is sucking the hours from my days like no man's business! Though it kind of means I get 2 days rest before the LSR on Sunday now. Which I now definitely need after that class.

or sports massage when you haven't stretched in a month

Filthy. Get out of here and go have a long hard think about what you've said!! :eek:

Filthy. Get out of here and go have a long hard think about what you've said!! :eek:

310.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    ;)
    ;)

Out out out the lot of you! If there was as much running going on in here as there is messing, I'd be fit to run Conn tomorrow with my eyes closed!

So I took all of your advice and went to the physio for an MOT this morning. I saw a girl I've never been to before and she was really good (IMO!). She's a a runner herself with a couple of marathons under her belt so she knew what she was talking about and understood where I was coming from etc.

She gave me a good check all over. My left side is weaker than my right. My flexibility is good but I need to work on strength. She gave me stretching and strength exercises that I have to do at least 5 times a week. I'll have to put this into my weekly plan or i'll forget / make excuses..

She also put a lift under the insole of my left foot which is the one that's been giving me hassle to take some pressure off my arches. There's nothing serious wrong with it thank god. The problem is that my calves are too tight. That's a huge relief. I'm glad I got it checked out because I was starting to convince myself it'd be something serious.

And the runners I'm wearing are perfect for me. Yaay!

So happy days, I'm all good to go!! LSR tomorrow :)

You were lookin great today (in a fitness/wellness kinda way:)). How many miles did you end up with all told?
    How did the gel go down? (No Innuendo please Digger)

The problem is that my calves are too tight. That's a huge relief. I'm glad I got it checked out because I was starting to convince myself it'd be something serious. :)

Get yourself some Tiger Balm from the Chemist and work it into your calves till they hurt, then do a little bit more. It does the trick for me everytime!

• Advertisement

Redemption!! claralara: 1 - rest of the world: nil :D
    Sunday 9th January
    12.41 miles - average pace 9.32
    Out for the group run, lovely day for it. I wore one layer too many though..was melting after 10 miles!
    You were lookin great today (in a fitness/wellness kinda way:)). How many miles did you end up with all told?
    How did the gel go down? (No Innuendo please Digger)

'One mile cool down' actually means 2.4 miles at LSR pace :rolleyes: I swear - look it up! The gel went down well - it would have been rude not to give it a few miles to test it out... No pukey thank god :) I feel hardcore now - I take gels..yeeaah! You'll have to let me know what exactly I took (providing it was all legal and above board!). I'll get you back.
    Get yourself some Tiger Balm from the Chemist and work it into your calves till they hurt, then do a little bit more. It does the trick for me everytime!

And again with the sadism...I actually have a stash of Tiger Balm that I smuggled home from Thailand so I'll root that out now ta!

You'll have to let me know what exactly I took (providing it was all legal and above board!).

It was made from the testicular sweat of a mongoose - also comes in orange flavour:D

High 5 - Isogel (without caffeine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Wel done Clara. Was dieing to know how you got on ...reputation back on track!!:)

It was made from the testicular sweat of a mongoose - also comes in orange flavour:D

Must have been an organic mongoose, testicular sweat has never tasted so good!

Plan - Week 2/14

Monday Rest
    Tuesday 6miles
    Wednesday 4miles
    Thursday 4miles easy
    Friday Rest
    Saturday Waterford Half Marathon 13.1miles
    Sunday 40 mins X[/B]

I'm just going to run Waterford as an LSR - it'd be great to beat my time from September of 1.58.49 but I promise not to cry like a girl if that doesn't happen!

I also have to have to make a point of doing my homework from physio so I'll do the stretch & strength exercises in front of the TV every night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Great running yesterday missus - you were flying :)

Must have been an organic mongoose, testicular sweat has never tasted so good!

Is that the voice of experience?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Just caught up on your new log now, and wow, I am impressed Claralara!
    You are miles ahead of me now (pun intended!) but I have no one to blame only myself!

Best of luck with your marathon training, and the Waterford Half. Needless to say I wont be fit for this now, and I am really struggling to get my gra and motivation back for the ould running, but hopefully Ill get back into it this week.

Ill be following this with interest and will be looking for tips in time!

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

well done you, great running! I'm sorry I missed it. Had to trot around on my own.

jcsmum wrote: »
    well done you, great running! I'm sorry I missed it. Had to trot around on my own.

Would you have given your right hand to be there?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Would you have given your right hand to be there?:D

Yeah, I was between a rock and a hard place! :D

jcsmum wrote: »
    Yeah, I was between a rock and a hard place! :D

Here we go again with the sexual undertones, this log is too much for my delicate, innocent little mind.

Oh hello log! I see you've been abused in my absence while I've been busy doing an honest day's work. I better get the vigilantes out before you're banished to the 'inapproriate for public viewing' forum. I'll catch the culprit in no time, from what I've seen it lives up to it's username! :p

Oh hello log! I see you've been abused in my absence while I've been busy doing an honest day's work. I better get the vigilantes out before you're banished to the 'inapproriate for public viewing' forum. I'll catch the culprit in no time, from what I've seen it lives up to it's username! :p

Yes either the mother of a jc or someone into digging :rolleyes:

It can't be me - I ran a 22:45 5k you know!

Monday 10th January
    Rest / Strength & Stretching exercises. I had my first encounter with the foam roller that I bought before Christmas :o and dear lord did it hurt! Why oh why…

Tuesday 11th January
    Met up with Menoscemo, Ainman and Mithril on the track in UCD for some intervals – 6 X 800m. I’m a bit of a specialton with the Garmin though and I only discovered the lap button after the first 2 intervals.
    Pace for 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 was something like 7.36 / 7.42 / 7.45 / 7.35 (I think…there are lots of random numbers showing up on the summary because I went to town pressing buttons last night :confused:)
    All told (including warm up and cool down) I did 5.77 miles (just under the planned 6 – I really should have jogged another lap of the track to finish!)

+ physio homework...ouch ouch ow!!

Hopefully I’ll get out for a few easy miles tonight. Although after legging it out of work yesterday evening I think the boss is gunning for me :eek:

Keep working with the foam roller, before you know it, it won't hurt anymore and it will help greatly with keeping IT Band issues and others at bay.

it will help greatly with keeping IT Band issues and others at bay.

Are you suggesting I use my foam roller as a weapon? I don't think it'll fit in my handbag...Might just stick with the Mace spray.

Wednesday 12th January
    - 4.47 miles - Av Pace 9.14.
    I probably did this a little too fast for me and with Waterford on Saturday. I was shattered after work and it took a push to get me out. Felt good though once I got going. Did the second mile the fastest in 8.53 which is strange because that was the hill...can't complain though I suppose.

Almost had an entertaining collision with some guy at a blind corner - he would have anhiliated me at the speed he was going. Luckily I was taking it easy enough am so aware with amazing reflexes, I was able to side step just in time. I definitely ruined whatever thought process he was enjoying though :rolleyes:

Then I called down to a friend 'for a walk' all decked out in my hat and scarf and runners (just to humor her) expecting an evening on the couch with tea and biscuits (because that is what invariably happens when we decide to go 'for a walk') but someone had 'get fit and lose weight in 2011' plans and she walked the legs off me for a good hour!!

Think I'll leave it until Waterford now. Had planned a few easy miles tomorrow but my legs are pretty tired. If I go out, the most I'll do will be two 10min miles to stretch the legs.

No physio exercises tonight. Shame on me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Keep up the good work ;)

Are you suggesting I use my foam roller as a weapon?

You could just insult your IT Band :P

You running Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck on Saturday clara, you've put in a lot of hard work, so I've no doubt you'll have a great run :)

Advertisement