Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you rush out in the morning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    God no, I can't stay in bed that late! I usually go to bed around midnight, finally fall asleep by about 3, up anywhere between 6-7.30.

Are you not absolutely wrecked all the time? I couldn't even function on that.

I like getting up a good hour before I need to leave the house, but I'd just be too tired. I usually get up at 7.00 and leave the house by 7.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

whirlpool wrote: »
    How do so many of you live 10 minutes from work?

Wasn't always like this.. used to do 1000 km per week to/from work :(

Then I got promoted, relocated and moved .. these days I'm usually home before 5 (except today.. 7:30am-6:30pm :()

Ah well, at least I'm off tomorrow/Friday. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Slide to power off

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Are you not absolutely wrecked all the time? I couldn't even function on that.

I like getting up a good hour before I need to leave the house, but I'd just be too tired. I usually get up at 7.00 and leave the house by 7.20.

Go to bed earlier. I've read that for optimal health you should wake up naturally without an alarm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Explain?

Too disciplined, makes me feel guilty. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

It doesn't matter what time I get up, I'm still always rushing to leave the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

1966 wrote: »
    Shower
    Make up
    Hair
    Get Dressed
    Check make up
    Breakfast
    Wash teeth
    Check make up......looking fab......ready to take on the world !!!

Thank God I'm a bloke!

Scratch.
    Pick clothes off floor.
    If said clothes pass sniff test, wear.
    Ready to once more tolerate the world....

I've my moring down to a 15 minute fine art, 5 min shower, thow on some clothes and head out the door, breakfast at my desk when I get into work at 8am thus ensuring the maximum amount of scratcher time. I just don't get the 'I hit snooze every five minutes 15 times' crowd. Surely it's better to get up when you need to get going rather then have 20 or 30 mins of interrupted sleep when you could spend it snoozing rather then hitting snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

5:00 alarm goes off - turn that sucker off.
    5:30 alarm goes off - get up, pants up, glass on, a wee, check in mirror if face is still at same spot.
    5:45 at work clock in and pew pew pew.
    11:00 first coffee and breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Go to bed earlier. I've read that for optimal health you should wake up naturally without an alarm.

I would if I didn't have to work about 16 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yeah I hate rushing out in the morning etc to get to wherever I need to be, It doesnt matter how early I need to be somewhere or leaving the house I need at the very least an hour to get myself ready, preferbly 2 tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

I like to take my time in the mornings!

Alarm goes off around 5.45-6am. Breakfast, coffee (or 2), Internet, think about day, make sure I have everything, dress, teeth.
    Leave around 6.40, in gym at 7 (or make a 6.45 am class), shower, makeup.
    In work sometime around 8.45-9.

I prefer to laze on the couch in the evenings, would probably rarely make the gym after work if I changed to an evening routine. Even at weekends I'm rarely in bed after 8 am. I hate rushing in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I find the whole "snooze" thing mad. Why would you waste valuable sleeping time by setting your alarm earlier than you have to?! You can't sleep properly during snooze time, so just give yourself the extra time actually sleeping.

When I was working, I used to wake at 6:15am, and was out by 7am. If I was rushing for any reason it would ruin the rest of my day. Hate that flustered feeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

ElleEm wrote: »
    I find the whole "snooze" thing mad. Why would you waste valuable sleeping time by setting your alarm earlier than you have to?! You can't sleep properly during snooze time, so just give yourself the extra time actually sleeping.

When I was working, I used to wake at 6:15am, and was out by 7am. If I was rushing for any reason it would ruin the rest of my day. Hate that flustered feeling!

There's that tiny moment of satisfaction where you know you have another few minutes, it is a bit sadistic because every five minutes it keeps reminding you to get the fup and yet you continue to bathe in the temporary warmth until it becomes uncomfortable. I've learned how to sleep through the alarm at this stage so the snooze no longer applies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Alarm goes off at 6.20
    Snooze till 6.49 get up dressed ( clothes are on the ground beside the bed)
    Brush teeth,
    Rinse mouthwash while going downstairs and spit out in downstairs toilet ( good use of precious time)
    Grab keys and wallet and into car at 6.56 - 6.57
    Clock in clock in at 7.00 - 7.01
    Wake up around 10.00 - 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Alarm at 6.50
    5 minute snooze intervals till 7.40

Christ on a bike, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Alarm goes off at 6.20. Pull on my shorts and runners, brush my teeth, and out the house by 6.30. Have a shower at work, where I keep all my suits and shirts

Hate getting ready for work at home. Home is home and work is work. I keep them completely separate

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Alarm 7am Coffee and smoke, news on TV/Web, shower 7.45 work 8.30.

Used to go into work with my Dad, who drove and didn't have a tooth in his head, two full sets of dentures. We were 500 yards down the the road one morning and he said '****e, forgot my teeth' rapid u-turn to collect same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Wake at 7.
    Fart.
    Beat down pisshorn with fists.
    Have coffee and fag.
    Brush teeth.
    Out the gap 7.25.
    In work at 8.

It doesn't matter what time I get up, I'm still always rushing to leave the house.

Same here. I rush every morning and I can't help it. Could be rushing to clock in at 7:59:59 to start at 8 and giving out to myself that I should leave earlier or end up rushing and end up sitting in the work car park at 7:30 like a chump listening to terrible morning radio and thinking to myself that I could have stayed in bed for and extra 29 mins and 59 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

I get the Russian out very early before the wife gets back from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

Same here. I rush every morning and I can't help it. Could be rushing to clock in at 7:59:59 to start at 8 and giving out to myself that I should leave earlier or end up rushing and end up sitting in the work car park at 7:30 like a chump listening to terrible morning radio and thinking to myself that I could have stayed in bed for and extra 29 mins and 59 seconds.

A pain I know all too well. So this is what it feels like, when doves cry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I get up around seven get out of bed around nine I don’t worry about nothing no because worry’s a waste my time .

The show usually starts around seven we go on around nine we get on the bus around eleven sipping a drink and feeling fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

mattjack wrote: »
    I get up around seven get out of bed around nine I don’t worry about nothing no because worry’s a waste my time .

The show usually starts around seven we go on around nine we get on the bus around eleven sipping a drink and feeling fine .

Get the same old dreams, same time every night
    Fall to the ground and I wake up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Wake up at seven,

Have a shagg-smoke-shower-sh##e and out the door by half.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Shower in the morning?

That's crazy talk. A piss and I'm out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Alarm at 6.45
    Up at 7
    Dressed and breakfast
    Out the door for 7.20
    Start work at 8

Not rushed or anything, nice handy start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Alarm at 7.30. Snooze button until 8 or 8.10.
    Get up, do bathroom stuff.
    Leave at 8.30 or 8.40 to be in work for 9.
    Breakfast in work at some stage before 10.30.

One of these days I will actually get up at 7.30 and relax with a nice cup of tea. Sleep always just seems the better option...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Wake 7, get up and have brekkie, in gym for 7:30. Finished at showered for 8:50 in work for 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Russian Blue

When I was in college last year, I used to get up hour and a half before college started. Sometimes even two or three hours if I had assignments to finish.

Get up, shower, get ready, cook breakfast, boil kettle for tea, make my lunch, pack my bag, walk 10 mins to college, have another cup of tea before class.

I hate rushing in the mornings. It doesnt bother me anymore as I have nothing to get up for. But I miss all that. The mornings were the best time of the day. Wish I had a job to get up for.

My sister would go huffing and puffing around the house as if its everyones fault she's late. There's nothing as worse. I hate the way how she eats in such a rush, she bangs her spoon of the bowl with every mouthful. There's no need for that, just get up earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fishfarmer

I start at a different time everyday but if i want a lie in and say im starting at 9.
    Outta bed at 8.55 clothes on and in work for 9
    But thats only because i live in a caravan in the car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Rushing out in the morning and jumping into the car must be very dangerous when ya think about it? I mean your probably not fully awake yet and the ol concentration levels wouldnt be the best..

Advertisement