Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat/general discussion thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Anyone interested in A&M beers? smile.png

Hmm, are people who watch anime of the age to drink :pac:

I kid, I kid.

I'd be up for it.

Hmm, does anybody here watch Kill la kill? I watched a fan theory/photo about last weeks episode and it literally blew my mind.

Don't click if you don't want to take the chance that it will spoil future episodes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Links234 wrote: »
    cramping half a dozen people into a Japanese apartment? challenge accepted! :D

Yessssssssssss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Am I the only one who is disappointed when I find out that a anime is based off a novel rather than a manga, it means I can't read a head.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

stumbled across this thread from the homepage and I saw the monster post from gunmonkey, whether ye like it or not I'm making this thread my new home. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Welcome so!

Any dates suit beers then? And where? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well Im on 2 weeks of hols from Saturday so anytime suits me fine.

Was thinking of roping in the screening of Wolf Children in the IFI but its not showing till the 10th of December. So just boring old alcohol it is then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Hmm, does anybody here watch Kill la kill?

I felt pretty tepid on it for the first two episodes but since then its been slowly getting better and better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do ye watch more than one show at a time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I generally have more than one show going at a time, but like to keep focused on one. I'll be watching one show with my girlfriend, and then something else on my own a lot of the time

Links234 wrote: »
    I generally have more than one show going at a time, but like to keep focused on one. I'll be watching one show with my girlfriend, and then something else on my own a lot of the time

I am unable to concentrate on more than one show at a time :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

and maybe konata will put us up :cool:

Haha, I wish! Space is at a premium here :P

Yup. I'm currently watching 9. They're all currently airing though, bar one, so with only new episode a week of each it's easy enough to keep up.

Konata wrote: »
    Haha, I wish! Space is at a premium here :P

Yup. I'm currently watching 9. They're all currently airing though, bar one, so with only new episode a week of each it's easy enough to keep up.

Holy crap 9 at once :eek:

Yeah, I tend not to keep current with ones that are still airing, much prefer to wait until all episodes are out or on DVD and marathon a show. Or at least watch it at my own pace. Attack on titan was the only show I kept up with while it was airing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yes this is about IE and yes this is an official MS youtube account!

Saw that linked on reddit and thought there was going to be a joke, didn't think it would be an actual ad for IE.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Looks like they're really pushing for people to come back to using such a useless browser :pac: It's a well made clip too!

Normally I could barely keep watching one series and it's usually one that has finished.

You know, Links, I think I might be the opposite. I have no problem with fanservice if it's in a serious setting, as long as it's plausible and tasteful, but I do have a problem with the very jarring obvious fan service.

Fanservice in a serious setting generally just pulls me out of what might otherwise be a really good experience, I don't like it when that happens.

Watching Darker Than Black, Yoko Kanno's music is just incredible, I love it :D

Linked on Crunchyroll, just some AMAZING AMV's showing off the anime series from 2012 and 2013.

Sad to say I recognised a lot of the ones from 2013 due to keeping up with simulcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I am currently watching Kill La Kill and Coppelion. Kill La Kill is just wow and cleverly written. I love how random it is. I only watched two episodes of Coppelion and reminds me of Gunslinger Girl and comes across as deep. Reminds me I need to go back and watch more episodes but I too prefer when they are all realised as cliff hangers can be a pain...

I am totally up for beers, coffee what not! :D

The new kill la kill episode is incredible.

I thought it was just a sill fan service show at first, but now I'm starting to think that everything has a purpose.

And the artwork. Wow.

Its definitely growing on me, was a bit "Whats all the buzz about?" for the first 2 episodes but its really coming together, I like how Ryuko does'nt win every fight by going "I CAN ROAR LOUDER THAN YOU SUPER-POWER-MEGA-ABILITY RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH......." like most other action series.

Plus the scenes where her friend does the interpretive dances to explain whats going on are brilliant :D

Have you guys seen the trailer for Princess Kaguya, the new Studio Ghibli feature? The artwork is awesome! It has such an old skool look and feel to it and the story is bound to be top notch as always.

Anyhoo...here it is for those who have not seen it yet:

Saw it yesterday, it looks great. Great to see another Isao Takahata film too, I think the last one I saw of his was My Neighbors The Yamada's. This has a very similar art style.

Links, that is AMAZING :D:D In tears here laughing at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/11/11/seven-seas-licenses-lucifer-and-biscuit-hammer

Lucifer and the biscuit hammer was just announced by seven seas. It a seriously good action series.

Hmmm, I wonder should we have weekly watching session?

• Advertisement

I see police came to an Asian cosplay convention after someone came in a very revealing Kill la Kill cosplay. :/

EDIT: It was over this
    1391952_10152113649619705_1273621969_n.jpg

Advertisement