Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat/general discussion thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Evade

There's a few subscriber only movies that'd be for catching. I've noticed we don't actually get ads on Funimation here, it buffers as if there is one and then keeps playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Yeah I've found I can watch most funi stuff for free on ps4 if you don't mind the week delay but I might sub for a month to watch the Utena movie and the few other pay walled series.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Juliet799

Does anyone watch Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) movie? I'm already looking forward to watching the next sequel.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I mad looking forward to it, is it coming out anytime soon? I know it was released already in Japan, but I don't want to watch a dodgy low res version, Demon Slayer warrants the best picture possible.

• Advertisement

The international release is supposed to be early next year but there's not much info on whether it'll go straight to streaming or they'll attempt cinema showings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's done extremely well, best titanic and only behind spirited away for box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sony/Funimation purchase of Crunchyroll confirmed giving Sony pretty much a global monopoly on anime streaming owning Funimation Now, Crunchyroll, Anime Lab, Animax and Wakanim.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/12/09/crunchyroll-and-funimation

This also bodes poorly for anime home releases in English territories outside North America considering the massive gap in the catalogue that still hasn't been filled from the previous deal.

So that makes Netflix the only real competition then, and they have more than a few issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Danmachi: *shrug* still not watched past the first season.

Goblin Slayer: yes, yes, YES!

The new English dub of Memories is being streamed on Twitch on Sunday morning at 2am.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1356396915248697344?s=19

The Black Clover anime is ending at the end of this cour.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2021/02/02-1/black-clover-tv-anime-to-air-final-episode-on-march-30

Not surprising as it is very close to the manga, expect it to return in a year or two like what happened with Fairy Tail.

Season 2 of Demon Slayer announced for later this year.
    Hopefully I'll get to see Mugen Train beforehand as this continues on from it.

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1360931520303616004?s=19

There was no doubt, but still awesome news! But yeah, won't be watching until I've seen Mugen Train, whenever that'll be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Saw this picture from some anime show earlier but have no idea what it is.. Can anyone enlighten me?

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Saw this picture from some anime show earlier but have no idea what it is.. Can anyone enlighten me?

It's Bleach

Crunchyroll have adding or relisting a lot of back catalogue series lately.

Evade wrote: »
    Crunchyroll have adding or relisting a lot of back catalogue series lately.

Yeah, a bunch of Discotek licences, unusually most of them available here.

Afaik the only Discotek releases playable on region B blu ray players are City Hunter, Robot Carnival and the 4K version of Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Having watched and enjoyed Final Boss recently and previously enjoyed other time loop films like Happy Death Day, Groundhog Day, Palm Spring and many others along with tv episodes like the SG1 I was wondering are there any good time loop anime, film or series?

It was the reason I started watching Re:Zero but they abandoned that as the episodes went on.

I won't say Endless Eight

The Fate series kinda does time loops. Kinda. Same characters in different roles throughout different times, but sometimes remembering their previous lives/actions. If you're going to watch, I recommend Stay/Night and Unlimited Blade Works. The battle sounds are excellent. Steins/Gate is another alleged time loop anime, but haven't seen it myself. That's my knowledge on it.

• Advertisement

Maybe there would be more of they didn't make so many of the "guy from our world gets pulled into a fantasy world" series.
    Seriously, how many of those do we need?

Gotta love the Isekai! But yeah, stupid amount of them, and I keep getting confused between characters so end up having to watch the series again (not necessarily a bad thing). Going back through Irregular at Magic High School again. Not Isekai though. Have plenty of them.

Time loops would work well in anime though. I reckon we'll see some coming soon, a lot of films and tv are starting to mess with that genre again so only a matter of time for it to spill over to anime. It's the new zombies.

-Stein's Gate is more like time travel induced parallel timelines.
    -The Girl who Leapt Through Time has a time loop, more or less.
    -I'm not sure how else to reccomend this because the time loop aspect is a plot twist but
    Madoka Magica
    fits the bill.
    -Almost a third of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is a time loop that can only be described as a massive troll.

I'm not sick of isekais either I'm watching four this season, five if you count Yashahime.

Anohana is getting a 10 year anniversary something. Get the tissues ready.

ExjVZYmVcAAjbYF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

This has been the worst week for anime...

Attack on titan season finale (returning winter 2022 wtf! )

Jujutsu Kaisen finale

Promised Neverland (will there even be a season 3 after that rushed ending! )

I also finished Dr Stone season 2 (emotional roller-coaster finale haha)

Only positive so far tho is MHA is back!

All in an all the winter season of anime was an awesome lineup

Let's hope spring is similar with shaman King, to your eternity, edens zero, Mars Red, full dive and season 2 of how not to summon a demon lord being the few I'm interested in

Cotts72 wrote: »
    This has been the worst week for anime...

Attack on titan season finale (returning winter 2022 wtf! )

Jujutsu Kaisen finale

Promised Neverland (will there even be a season 3 after that rushed ending! )

I also finished Dr Stone season 2 (emotional roller-coaster finale haha)

Only positive so far tho is MHA is back!

All in an all the winter season of anime was an awesome lineup

Let's hope spring is similar with shaman King, to your eternity, edens zero, Mars Red, full dive and season 2 of how not to summon a demon lord being the few I'm interested in

If you haven't read it the entire Shaman King manga is on Kindle Unlimited.

If you are on 3 they are doing 3 months free Kindle Unlimited when you sign up for carrier billing on it, same with Prime Video.

MHA is another one I watch the dub of so not sure how much of a delay there'll be for that

CastorTroy wrote: »
    MHA is another one I watch the dub of so not sure how much of a delay there'll be for that

Usually 4-6 weeks, though I think it's closer to 8 atm for the dubs due to Covid.

Will probably speed back up due to Texas being run by idiots.

I haven't watched it yet, and probably won't, but from what I've read the Promised Neverland ending is the manga ending, that's why it was so rushed.

So far I'll be watching MHA, Slime slice of life, Nagataro san (the highschool accompaniment to middle school Takagi san and college Uzaki chan), Shaman King, and eventually SSSS.Dynazenon which I'll watch in chunks because if all the hoops I have to jump through to get Funimation to work right.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    I haven't watched it yet, and probably won't, but from what I've read the Promised Neverland ending is the manga ending, that's why it was so rushed.

So far I'll be watching MHA, Slime slice of life, Nagataro san (the highschool accompaniment to middle school Takagi san and college Uzaki chan), Shaman King, and eventually SSSS.Dynazenon which I'll watch in chunks because if all the hoops I have to jump through to get Funimation to work right.

Pretty much, but far worse as they skipped multiple arcs causing it to have far less impact.

You know something is a s**tshow when it doesn't have a single credited writer for the last 2 episodes, even the manga author had their name removed.

Also if you have a PlayStation you can get 3 months free Funimation Premium atm if you don't have an active account. Download the Funimation app on a PS console and create a free account, a promotional code for a 3 month subscription will then be sent to that email.

Advertisement