Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 E11 Corolla Headlight Adjustment Problem

• 09-10-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been having a problem with my car for a while now. Before the nct last year I got new tires and the tire shop also had one of those things for checking headlight alignment. One light was lower than the other and wouldn't adjust. It doesn't shine out onto the road as far as the other one.

The automatic adjuster dial also doesn't work right, if I move it at all the headlights seem to just keep moving up and down continuously.

Anyway the fella that checked the lights said I needed a new headlamp. I got one and I'm still having the same problem. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be. I presume the next step would be take it to an auto electrician.

Just wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this and if possible how to fix it

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Broken/worn adjusting motor(s), or more likely faulty adjuster dial.

You'll get it for a tenner from breakers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

ive had this problem on a corolla before i just disconnected the plug from the headlight adjusting wheel. This stopped the constant variations by disconnecting the headlight motors and then i got the headlights balanced and happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭steve3194

ive had this problem on a corolla before i just disconnected the plug from the headlight adjusting wheel. This stopped the constant variations by disconnecting the headlight motors and then i got the headlights balanced and happy days :)

Sounds like a handy fix. Might try it. Does the cable just pull out?
    I'm still thinking of bringing it to an auto electrician as I'm pretty sure the headlight won't even adjust manually.

yip just pop out the roller carefully with a small screwdriver and unplug the connector from the back of it. Try that and then bring to any garage and ask them to balance the lights for you. Lots of tyrefitters providing this service also but id go to a mechanic personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭steve3194

yip just pop out the roller carefully with a small screwdriver and unplug the connector from the back of it. Try that and then bring to any garage and ask them to balance the lights for you. Lots of tyrefitters providing this service also but id go to a mechanic personally.

Alright thanks man. I have a fair idea I know which part it is I'm meant to be popping off but I'm not 100%. I might take a picture tomorrow and upload it if you'd be able to confirm for me.

Cheers :-)

• Advertisement

no bothers

Advertisement