Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

30 30 lever action

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

If ever a firearm came under the heading of 'classic', it has to be ANY of the under-lever designs, from 1866 onwards, regardless of calibre.

Sadly, they don't make the best gun for target use at extended ranges, but then, that's not what they were meant for.

Stick to a 100yds/, and you'll be good.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Well i finally got the licence today, seven months all in all from buying the gun sorting out getting it shipped, getting the deer licence etc..and then getting the firearms cert. My head has been wrecked but i'm glad it's all over now only have to get the import licence now, so i should have her in my hands in a week or two can't wait. :cool::cool::D:D:D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

4gun wrote: »
    picked mine up to day,
    put a box of rounds through it to see how it fired and all I have to say is,.. amazing
    it had a scope on it and I'd say we (Poulo and I)were easily getting 11/2" groups at 100yds
    we spent the rest of the evening completely dismantling it and gave it a thorough clean

anyone know where we can get some 30-30 ammo in a hurry

I used some forrest bore foam on the barrel and it came out like new,when I first went to see the gun I thought the bore was pitted, it turned out to be perfect.
    sanded down and refinished the woodwork to remove the few minor scratches and dings a I have to do a few small bits of rebluing on a few rings
    Myself and Poulo fired it on open sights on Sunday with what was left fo the few rounds I had and now I just cant wait to turn it on a deer
    going to be a long summer :D

Poulo has some video He might post if asked nicely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement