Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Under The Dog, crowdfunded anime from the director of Sword of the Stranger

Options
  • 04-09-2014 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

So, this is Under the Dog, something I'm pretty excited about: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog

It's looking like they're definitely reaching their goal, which is awesome, because this is a very, very cool project. There's some serious talent involved, and producer Hiroaki Yura just did an AMA on Reddit (that was sadly removed because it's against the rules for people doing kickstarters to do AMAs), but it's still viewable and is well worth a read: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2ff3qs/i_am_hiroaki_yura_producer_of_anime_such_as_under/ He details a lot of problems in the anime industry, how it's saturated with too much fanservice and pandering to a small otaku market, and his goals with the project, it's really worth reading for anyone with even a passing interest in anime.

I've already backed this, and it's getting a LOT of positive feedback and a lot of hype. I was sold from the get-go because of director Masahiro Ando who did the seriously underrated Sword of the Stranger, but the rest of the team involved are pretty confidence inspiring too!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wow that looks friggin aweseome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

...and it's funded! Hurrah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I was reading the reddit thread nearly all day today. Very informative what people had to say about the anime industry. That is really cool of the creator to interact and engage with the fans they all seem very passionate about spreading anime internationally.

I backed the project even though it reached it's goal but want to support it. Under The Dog looks very promising and the animation looks gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So just shy of two years ago I backed this.

And you know what? It kinda exceeded my expectations. Impressive stuff.

Advertisement