Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marian Finucane is unapologetic

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

About her half-a-million-plus salary, about her comments following Gerry Ryan’s death, about her difficulties with previous women bosses. And with her ratings, why wouldn’t she be?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2010/0731/1224275874952.html

If ever there was a reason why people should not pay a t.v license this surely must be it, it really does take the biscuit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

She's a MILF, dude. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

She's a dude. ;)

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

She's a MILF, dude. ;)

Nah - she's what DILFs think is a MILF.

/except me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Just clicked on the article link. I've confused Marian Finucane with Miriam O'Callaghan. Doh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

She's a feckin Wagon. I never listen to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Stopped reading that after the first few paragraphs.

Certainly after I scrolled down and realised there was wayyyy more to the piece than what I had read.

Realised I couldn't care less about Marian Finucane.
    Never listened to her show and don't plan to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Why should she apoligise for her wage?

Would you in the same position?

No, you wouldnt. You might say yes you would, but no, reality is, you wouldnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

snyper wrote: »

She could have taken the line, "I can understand why people think I am overpaid. As far as I'm concerned it's between me and my employer, and that's all I'm prepared to say on that."

However, she says:
    From my perspective it was what the market was, because I’d had offers from other stations . . . I always said that Century Radio did me the biggest favour of anybody in the world [by trying to poach her from RTÉ]...and anyway – why shouldn’t the girls get it if the boys are getting it?”

Unless these supposed "offers" are backed up with numbers, her justification is disingenuous to say the least. Was any other station offering her anywhere near half a million Euro for four hours broadcasting a week? I doubt it.

As for the girls getting it if the boys are - well, the one boy (Pat Kenny) who gets more than her is overpaid as well, as far as I'm concerned. She's paid more than the rest.

Marian is a fine broadcaster and commentator but she's out of her depth on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

snyper wrote: »

I wouldn't apologise for it, but I wouldn't try to justify it either - because it is unjustifiable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

Salary has nothing to do with anything. Does her presence cover the costs & make sufficient profit to justify having her there. If Yes, no problem, if no, well just "bag her and tag her" and give the job to someone who can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

MILF!?? wtf?

the tide wouldnt take her out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

Remember the" Seanie" interview. Absolutely pathetic. She would not get a job presenting the weather on a proper radio channel. The Holidays for all RTE presenters are incredible.

Advertisement