Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Cooking Club Week 4: Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Just made this and it was yum. Used chicken breasts that were poached in water and knorr stock pot, with some veg added at the end, mange touts, sweetcorn and brocolli.

Used this liquid as the stock and used thai red curry paste and straight to wok noodles. Coriander on top at the end as I love the stuff. Definately to be repeated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I had all the ingredients in hand, but with flat rice noodles. Yum! Tastes just like Malaysian Curry Laksa. Next time I'll add beansprouts and fried tofu puffs. Delicious, thanks OP! I enjoyed this very very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Result!! Absolute winner :D

I used green curry paste and threw in some pak choi that I had in the fridge. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We had this tonight, I absolutely love it. I used Patak's madras paste which is excellent, chucked in some chestnut mushrooms and I used big fat rice noodles which I've been trying to use up for ages.

Thanks OP, brilliant recipe.

thai%20chicken%20noodle%20soup_zpsckhvnohr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

tried this last night with Thai Red Curry paste and added some yellow peppers since they needed to be used, really tasty and the only ingredient I needed to buy was lemon grass, perfect. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭tampopo

I saw this a couple of months ago and immediately thought "I've got to make this. I've got to make this."

Well finally, I just did and tasted it.

Absolutely divine. And easy to make, so thank you for your Cooking Club contribution.

This is a meal I would happily have every day for the rest of my life.

Whenever I go to a Thai restaurant, whatever I order for 'mains' I always have Tom Ka Kai.

This is fab. Thanks again.

made this again last night, so good.

I actually cooked 4 chicken breasts instead of 2 and shredded them into it (trying to eat abit more protein) and chopped up some peppers as well.

Delicious again, luckily there was no bread in the house or I would of dunked my way into a food coma!

Other half is hooked on this, made it again last night for tonights dinner...added some red peppers when frying the garlic/onions. Will add the noodles into it this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Making this now, few cooked chicken thighs to go in, with a red curry paste. Some red and yellow pepper added into it too. And of course some lime juice for the summer zing.

made this again the other day, so easy and so good on a miserable evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I made this last week, didn't take a photo as I was starved. It really was absolutely delicious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

I made this last week, didn't take a photo as I was starved. It really was absolutely delicious!!

It's properly winter now so I had it at the weekend to "celebrate". Must do the Goulash soon too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

After years of saying I'll make this, I finally did today.

Hands down my favorite cooking club recipe.

I had no madras so I used a balti paste instead.

Thank you so much for the recipe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

High praise, many thanks!

Very glad to hear its still being enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Spurred on by matrim's late entry, I finally made this tonight. It was amazing, so simple and delicious, but very different to any soup I would normally make.
    I think it's the fish sauce, soya and sugar mud that's so tasty and seems perfectly seasoned; but obviously so different to salt and pepper seasoned (if that makes sense).
    I've only ever really made green or red curries as far as Thai goes, but I'll definitely try now soups in the future.
    Anyway, big success with myself, Mrs D and picky 3yr old. Will convince the 1yr old next time too. Going to be a winter staple around here methinks.

Advertisement