Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Does anyone do this course and want to tell me about it?"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

1huge1 wrote: »
    Wow those are very different courses!

also have commerce and german down in ucc
    and for the guy above you I also have government down but its my 6th and last choice and its more of a safety net which I don't intend to use, looks interesting though all the same

Cailín actually ;) haha! Yup yup hopefully it'll be goodo!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

lovechem wrote: »
    Government in UCC or Arts in UCC. Only put down two choices :pac: Got more than enough points in the pre's to cover my ass for both of them tho, so two should be enough!

If anyone has any info on Gov it would be much appreciated :D

Dont just put down 2 !!!
    murphys law (touch wood) may happen so put down sandwich making in the aran islands Just in case ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

Is anyone doing Commerce with French or just straight Commerce in UCC? I'd really appreciate some info.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

salman85 wrote: »
    bio chemistry in UCC or mechanical engg in CIT or some commerece + german in ucc

Salman,I've just finished 2nd year Biochem in UCC.In 1st yr you've 2/3 lectures a day,tutorials 3 times a week plus labs 3/4 times a week.Wouldn't really recommend it unless you've at least 2 sciences for LC.If you have though it's a really good course.PM me if you've any questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Dont just put down 2 !!!
    murphys law (touch wood) may happen so put down sandwich making in the aran islands Just in case ;)

As exciting as that prospect sounds I think I'll pass! :D I'm just not interested in anything else! Might throw down food business for the craic. Maybe international development. We'll see :confused:

• Advertisement

lovechem wrote: »
    As exciting as that prospect sounds I think I'll pass! :D I'm just not interested in anything else! Might throw down food business for the craic. Maybe international development. We'll see :confused:

fair enough :D
    i dont suppose you know anyone who has done arts in u.c.c no?
    i actually cant find anyone who says if its any good or not, i just wana do something broad becasue iv no idea (along with umpteen other leaving certs) what I wana do in college,and i dont want to leave limerick for a course thats crap ! :eek:
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

i actually cant find anyone who says if its any good or not, i just wana do something broad becasue iv no idea (along with umpteen other leaving certs) what I wana do in college,and i dont want to leave limerick for a course thats crap ! :eek:
    thanks
    Arts in UCC, eh?
    Don't do it myself but I've quite a few friends who have. Most of them did Sociology and ALL those who did absolutely hated it. So stay away from that, methinks.
    Most of them also do Irish, and they enjoy the Irish course. Economics and Politics are also quite good subjects to do, I've heard.
    There's 2 maths options: Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences. The former is more advanced stuff, like Science/Engineering students would be doing (Calculus, Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra etc.)
    Mathematical Sciences, on the other hand, is kind of a "watered down" version. If you like maths but are not particularly good at it, this would be ideal.
    Languages are pretty tough, I've heard they involve a lot of dedication. But the good thing is if you hate a subject in 1st year you can just drop it in 2nd year :)
    I can't really tell you much more, and all I can tell you is stuff I heard from others (so my advice is a little dubious!!) The UCC website can tell you more (it knows everything!)
    http://www.ucc.ie/en/ProspectiveStudents/Admissions/programmes/acss/

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Well today I finally decided on the courses I would like to do next year. Although it could change again. :o

Anyone have any insight or info on any of the following:

1. DN073 Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering
    2. TR038 Engineering with Management
    3. TR033 Computer Science
    4. DN038 Climate and Earth System Science
    5. DT021 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    6. DN008 Science
    7. DN030 Computer Science - Science
    8. DT112 Geomatics
    9. DT235 Physics with Medical Physics and Bioengineering
    10. DT222 Physics Technology

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya electronic engineering is a good choice, my brother does it in maynooth and loves it. You'd want to be fairly handy at maths though.

thanks for the arts advice :
    lets go try and earn it now on wednesday!
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can anyone recommend any computing courses in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

I am going to do early childhood education in Carlow I.T, Level 8, 3 years... hopefully graduate from it with good results and do the 18 months h.dip course in st.pats in dub and become a primary school teacher.. Dont worry im carrying higher irish (barely :D)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Anyone done Business and Arts Management at IADT? I believe it's just the course for me but if anyone has a personal experience I'd love to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 xox Sarah xox

Im doing an art portfolio plc course in september and I know the general basics of the core year in NCAD but I was just wondering whats it like?? whatre the people like there and is there any pressure involved when you get started?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Barrys-Tea

Anyone with info on Media Arts DIT or Photography IADT...? I cant decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭hoggie-bear

Hi,
    If anyone is doing journalism in DIT could you PM me?
    I'd reall appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭DowneyBookGirl

Info on Journalism in DIT (minus language) and DCU would be greatly appreciated by me too. I know the points and min. requirements but chances are I may not pass ord maths. (yes, I'm that bad unfortunately) But my other subjects are quite good. I like the idea of Arts in Maynooth as a safety valve but if the journalism courses are worth doing then I might just take a year out and repeat maths. Yay or nay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chessie.horton

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if an answer to this has already been posted but I didn't have time to look through all 18 pages.

I was wondering if anyone did/does Religions and Theology in Trinity?

I know all about the points and that but I'd really like to hear someone's thoughts on it.

Thanks so much. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Livo

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if an answer to this has already been posted but I didn't have time to look through all 18 pages.

I was wondering if anyone did/does Religions and Theology in Trinity?

I know all about the points and that but I'd really like to hear someone's thoughts on it.

Thanks so much. :)

i met a guy last year who's doing it and really likes it - you study all sorts of things like hebrew and ancient greek and is apparently fiercely interesting! :)
    thanks

i'm gonna do arts in ucc next year - spanish, politics, english and something else... arts in ucc is awesome apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I currently have Digital Media Design in UL at the top of my CAO...

any opinions on it? It's a fairly new course isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chessie.horton

Thanks Livo, I've heard the same, and the Hebrew/Ancient Greek stuff is optional further on into the course, I'll definitely choose the Ancient Greek option! That'll be SO cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Paddy-Megans-Lo

Hi,
    If anyone is doing journalism in DIT could you PM me?
    I'd reall appreciate it

I second this! Also anyone doing journalism or communication studies in DCU? :D:rolleyes:

I second this! Also anyone doing journalism or communication studies in DCU? :D:rolleyes:

...also know someone doing that :D he loves it, says it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

Anyone here apply for any of the BA Connect Programme in Arts NUIG??
    Wondering what the interest levels are, particularly in the Creative Writing one!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

I am not sure what i want to do after college would Engineering in trinity be a good broad option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Livo wrote: »
    ...also know someone doing that :D he loves it, says it's great!
    I have journalism in DCU down too.
    Seems like a good course anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I really want to do acting but i havent a clue where to start any idea's?? I didnt make the interviews etc this year as i wasnt aware of the time

i think it's a wee bit late to enter for university courses in acting now, most of them usually require you to do an exam beforehand in acting... best bet would prob be to do a one-year course in something and apply again next year? or maybe just do a course in something else and join the drama society or something?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Law and Accouting, UL.

Any insight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

Anyone for Corp Law in NUIG?
    Doesn't seem to be much interest anwhere!!

Advertisement