Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking in armagh

Options
  • 07-09-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Starting a new job in Armagh city and just realised how rubbish the parking is. To be honest the B&M bargains car park would be ideal, its huge and surely during the day it doesnt be THAT busy compared to like a saturday? I wonder if I park there for the day would anything happen?
    There is a small one at the back of the Charlemont that I didn't know existed until today. Also the one next to the bus station but you have to pay for that now and I do not want to pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WeeBit

I think that as its for customer only they may notice if you are there all day. But whether or not they can do anything, I'm not sure.

There is a small free carpark across from the bus depot, right beside the courthouse. Only about 30 spaces but if you get there early enough they are empty, depends on where you are working and your times.

There is also the free car park in St Malachy's beside Eurospar (not the Eurospar carpark itself as it is pay and display as well.)

Again, if you are in early enough the Mall has free spaces at the lefthand side if approaching from Lonsdale road direction. Fills up close to 9 so you would need to be in before.

Good luck in your new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

Think Weebit has all of the free parking covered.

The far side of the mall has lots of spaces if you can get there
    early enough. More difficult now that the Royal school is back on.
    Though apparently they'll soon be charging there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Thanks for the suggestions weebit. I've been parking in the bus station car park which is under £1 for the day. It's not too bad. Was trying to get into the small car park in front of the tech (think it is the courthouse car park) but it was full even at around 8:30am!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

There's plenty of free car parking within ten minutes walk of the court house. Beyond what has been mentioned here, there is Banbrook Hill, Cathedral Road, Edward Street, to name but three - probably all within five minutes walk of the court house, and spaces available all day.

If you think Armagh is bad, try Belfast.......:(

Advertisement