Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whiteheads on nose

• 03-12-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Recently I've developed 2 little whiteheads on the side of my nose. I've used Clearasil et al and nothing has worked. Does anyone know of anything thats good for these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Pop the suckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

If they won't go away they're not whiteheads they're whats known as "milia" and basically what that is is trapped hardened keratin.

They only way to get rid of them is by breaking the skin:

Get a clean/sterile needle + hold it under a flame for a few seconds then wait for it to cool.

Using the tip of the needle push it into the top of the white head.

Use clean fingers to squeeze out the little lump, it should slide out easily.

Wipe over the area with liquid savlon/something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

That sounds kinda extreme . . . . will that scar?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

not if its done correctly..you literally only prick the skin..you should bearly feel it.

If you go to a salon thats exactly what they will do except using a sterile/electrolysis needle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

if they are milia you can also get rid of them by applying heat, even if you just hold your finger on them for a couple of minutes in the evening.

I had one on my eyelid(you should definitely not use a needle near your eye!) and I tried this, after doing this twice I woke up the next day and it was gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭LOOKIHERE

I dont think sticking needles in your skin is a good idea!

One of the girls on wow.ie does some ask the expert stuff and did this on blackheads. Maybe try asking them - or would it be the same for whiteheads?? http://www.wow.ie/ask-the-expert-dreaded-blackheads/

Advertisement