Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watch in 1080p.....Makes the PS3 version look SHYYYYYTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

sheehy83 wrote: »
    F*cking Hell, I did not expect this news this morning! All online stats and I think single player progression will move over to the upgrade. With so many big titles pushed to next year, I think I will be upgrading. Surely there will be a new Single player DLC to release with.

I read somewhere, could have been here and could have been you Sheehy, that the online character stats etc will be linked to the R* account as opposed to the player/console account. Do you know if this means that if I get it on PS4 my 360 stats etc will transfer over, along with all my money, cars and apartment?

Yupp R* confirmed our online stats and character on any old console will be moved across to any new console suo yeah 360 to ps4, you will pick up at the same place for your online character. I'm sure this will include your cars and money unless R* start checking if you got any of your assets by glitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Jackpot. Thanks man, that just made my day :pac:

Defo gonna get this for PS4 now, can't wait to shoot the sh1t out of boardsies errr, people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So fking annoyed at the delay for PC. Why does the undisputed king of games platforms get treated so badly by everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Shiminay wrote: »
    Why does the undisputed king of games platforms get treated so badly by everyone?

I think that may be a self-contradictory statement there ;)

Anybody know a good place to pre-order this in Ireland? Normally I'd just go with X1 digital download, but I want the $1m :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

So fking annoyed at the delay for PC. Why does the undisputed king of games platforms get treated so badly by everyone?

Rockstar tend not to be the best at making PC games, they probably need all the time they can get with it!

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

FUCCCK YESSSS!!!

Thank God I was fearing it was going to be delayed :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes! 30 people now for each server online, not too shabby. Preordering as son as i can!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yes! 30 people now for each server online, not too shabby. Preordering as son as i can!

Where would you do this?

Tis up on Amazon!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Where would you do this?

Tis up on Amazon!

Ah probably local store that i can pick it up morning of release.

Ah probably local store that i can pick it up morning of release.

I see, looks like my choices for local are Smyths, Xtravision or HMV. Wouldn't go near GameStop :pac:

Do Tesco do ps4 / xbone games yet? :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

January 27th? Boo-urns! That's literally the week I head into my final semester of college...

Dang it R*!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

bare in mind, pre orders get $1 million in GTA dollar to spend :)

ukoda wrote: »
    bare in mind, pre orders get $1 million in GTA dollar to spend :)

500k offline mode and 500k online mode!

They should really give it all to online, it's pretty easy to make money in story mode!

because the fanboys say things like this and then people don't like yee :p:)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    500k offline mode and 500k online mode!

They should really give it all to online, it's pretty easy to make money in story mode!

I still think ill get it in store, amazon never deliver on launch day in my experience and i hate waiting

• Advertisement

ukoda wrote: »
    because the fanboys say things like this and then people don't like yee :p:)

It's nothing to do with fanbois - it's facts. You cannot be foolish enough to think that a closed platform with no scope for modding or flexibility of control systems or display (I play games with 3 screens) is better than a PC - it's not. It's only cheaper, that's literally the only thing going for it (meanwhile it's games are more expensive and you have to pay for online services).

I took my 360 out of retirement to play GTA V. I spent money on a Microsoft Gold account so I could play online. I don't regret that at all, it was money and time well spent and I am very thankful for my console for that, but given the new toys are the same as a PC internally, there is really no excuse for a delayed release date beyond incompetence by the software engineers and/or (the most likely excuse) anti-consumer deals done with the console manufacturers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm worried that, now that I've gone and bought a decent PC, I'm going to turn into Shiminay soon. :o

For now, I still love and understand you my console brethren! :D

If you want to dig a big hole, you can use a shovel, if you really want, but when you can get a JCB, wouldn't you rather use that instead? :p

If you want to dig a big hole, you can use a shovel, if you really want, but when you can get a JCB, wouldn't you rather use that instead? :p

Yeah, but if you can't afford a JCB or don't want to continually have to change the oil or deal with it when it randomly decides it's not going to run today, a shovel will do the job just nicely. :P

Annnnywhooo, GTA eh? :pac:

Well if you can't afford a JCB then you shouldn't be in the hole digging business. If you don't know how to perform very basic maintenance on your investments then you should learn how. That's like owning a car and not knowing how to change a tyre.

Anyway, GTA V - Do we expect to *finally* see heists roll out with the new releases? I reckon it'll be June cause they'll need to make sure the new servers are up to speed and that managing 30 players isn't killing everything before they can start.

Ah. I was only joking, I've no interest in modding the games I buy and I prefer a controller and the online experience so a ps4 suits me just fine.

So anyway back on topic..... Had there been any indication of Heists we were promised?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JCB/Digger forum is that way ---> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1068

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Radio station and the prospect of more wildlife is are the only things I feel like I'm going to miss out on.

Graphical improvements don't mean much to me, my eyesight's not great anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Im buying a PS4 now anyway!Ha im just thinking about what it will be like driving my taxi cab with improved graphics, more traffic on the road and over a hundred new songs for the radio stations!I just hope there will be a lot more melodic 1970's rock style driving songs and some 1980's melodic pop songs.Rebel Radio badly needs more songs.I was getting bored of the PS3 version so the arrival of a new and improved GTA 5 is just what the doctor ordered.:pac:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Advertisement

Heists are the new The Last Guardian/DNF.

Advertisement