Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

Phoned the loyalty department on 061 272190 and it went as follows.

12 month contract 240mb bb and calls

offer 1 - first 3 months half price @ 25, then 50 a month
    offer 2 - 6 months half price @ 25 then 50 a month
    offer 3 - 9 months half price @ 25 then 50 a month

It took a bit of haggling but I just kept referring to the sky package and what that would cost me a year.

We came to a bit of an impasse at the 6 month half price offer. He then started telling me that if I switched to sky I wouldn't get the full speed sky promised. I just kept saying it would be fine for what I needed.

In the end I just said if you can offer me 9 months half price I'd be happy to stay for another year. He went of and chatted with someone and came back saying he could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just off the phone to them, got another 6 months half price (€42.50) chanced my arm for a sim card and got that half price for 6 months too (€12.50) as opposed to €25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Just off the phone to them, got another 6 months half price (€42.50) chanced my arm for a sim card and got that half price for 6 months too (€12.50) as opposed to €25

is there an email address for the loyalty team? Prefer to deal with this shower only in writing, due to past pain

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

friso59 wrote: »
    Phoned the loyalty department on 061 272190 and it went as follows.

12 month contract 240mb bb and calls

offer 1 - first 3 months half price @ 25, then 50 a month
    offer 2 - 6 months half price @ 25 then 50 a month
    offer 3 - 9 months half price @ 25 then 50 a month

It took a bit of haggling but I just kept referring to the sky package and what that would cost me a year.

We came to a bit of an impasse at the 6 month half price offer. He then started telling me that if I switched to sky I wouldn't get the full speed sky promised. I just kept saying it would be fine for what I needed.

In the end I just said if you can offer me 9 months half price I'd be happy to stay for another year. He went of and chatted with someone and came back saying he could do that.

You must be a better haggler than I am because as much as I tried, I could only get 6 months half price @ 22.50 then 45 a month for the same package "12 month contract 240mb bb and calls". I guess it is still €135 saved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

Just off the phone there for my regular annual call.
    I probably pushed harder than any previous year but could only get the 6 months half price offer (€35/€70 for basic Horizon TV plus 120Mb broadband).

I pushed to cancel but they refused as I still have about 40 days left on my current contract.
    I insisted they take my cancellation now but after about 20 minutes I ran out of haggling energy and relented to the 6 months deal.

Still well worth making the call but it was painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I got 12 months of broadband only 120/10 for €370 versus the usual €480.

€15 for four months, €35 for two months and full price €40 for six months.

Happy enough with that, well worth the phone call. They guy I got was decent enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭j4vier

VeVeX wrote: »
    I got 12 months of broadband only 120/10 for €370 versus the usual €480.

€15 for four months, €35 for two months and full price €40 for six months.

Happy enough with that, well worth the phone call. They guy I got was decent enough too.

were you still under contract or were you out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭VeVeX

j4vier wrote: »
    were you still under contract or were you out of it?

Out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

I had a nightmare with them, could hardly understand the guy I was dealing with, brutal english I should have just hung up.
    Moral of the story after 15 minutes was an offer of 10euro off the bill (horizon max 85p/m) for 4 months, then he goes an hangs up on me lol! I'll ring back and hopefully get someone better on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ben911

Just in terms of these deals being actual value, I got no offers when I called, also had a big issue with them, no TV service for 3 weeks when they sent me my new box they forgot to activate the card and it's been an absolute ongoing drama..., so far me I will be looking for a deal with better service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Ill be out of contract next month so I'm going to do my usual annual call and see what I can get, I'm on the 120mb with home phone for €40 a month, works absolutely fine, never any problems but any saving I can get Ill take it even if it is only a tenner off for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭ALS

I am on the same plan and out of contract next month , called yesterday and was offered 20 euro among for 6 months and 40 a month for the rest of the 12 month contract
    rogercross wrote: »
    Ill be out of contract next month so I'm going to do my usual annual call and see what I can get, I'm on the 120mb with home phone for €40 a month, works absolutely fine, never any problems but any saving I can get Ill take it even if it is only a tenner off for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

ALS wrote: »
    I am on the same plan and out of contract next month , called yesterday and was offered 20 euro among for 6 months and 40 a month for the rest of the 12 month contract

Oh cool what did you say to get that, also was it an Irish person you dealt with?

When you say "20 euro among" do you mean 20 euro off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭ALS

Meant to say 20 a month for 6 months and 40 there after , 12 month contract , spoke to a nice bloke , sounded west Indian but said he was in Limerick ?
    Told him I was considering the 49 euro Sky deal as mentioned on here , wasn't really getting anywhere at first so I asked about 9 months at half price and he came back with the 6 month offer ...
    Didn't commit yesterday over the phone , I'll call back next week and push for the 9 month deal

quote="rogercross;98415870"]Oh cool what did you say to get that, also was it an Irish person you dealt with?

When you say "20 euro among" do you mean 20 euro off?[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

Had the battle today over a couple of calls. Stuck with mentioning the 49 euro deal from sky and didnt need to 240mb as that UPC horizon is still not stable for what its advertised as doing. ( I use my own router)

Anyhoo first offer was 15 euro off per month for 4 months.
    Then 4 months half price.
    Then after a long wait, 6 months half price with 2 months S.Sports half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Two calls to loyalty, extremely polite team

Was on 45 for 240 + mobile calls

Gone to 30 for 6 months then 60 for 360 + mobile calls

Equipment arriving tomorrow

So 540 per year to...540! Happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Friend just off the phone with them did well. Got 12-month contract at... €20/month for first 9 months, then €40/month for remaining 3 months. And they threw in two VM sims free for the first 4 months, €25 thereafter (if he continues - he can cancel them if he wants). This was his third call though. Just kept saying he'd think about it... and calling back until he got what he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭peteb2

Friend just off the phone with them did well. Got 12-month contract at... €20/month for first 9 months, then €40/month for remaining 3 months. And they threw in two VM sims free for the first 4 months, €25 thereafter (if he continues - he can cancel them if he wants). This was his third call though. Just kept saying he'd think about it... and calling back until he got what he wanted.

VM sims are free to existing customers for 4 months anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just got 9mths discount this morning including the Setanta Pack. Bill reduced from €107 to €69.50 & that includes upgrade to new 360mb Broadband.

Bill will be €117 after 9mths & it is a 12 mth contract. It took a lot of time on the phone, as operator needed constant approvals from supervisor approx 40mins.

Hopefully, I get new modem for broadband quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just off the phone there, one call

Current bill is 75 a month, 120mb unlimited BB, horizon, and phone,

now have 80 a month 240mb unlimited BB, horizon and phone

9 months @ 40 and 3 months at 80, 600 all in.

just called to cancel, never mentioned discount and pushed them until the annual cost was the same as sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Cyrus wrote: »
    just off the phone there, one call

Current bill is 75 a month, 120mb unlimited BB, horizon, and phone,

now have 80 a month 240mb unlimited BB, horizon and phone

9 months @ 40 and 3 months at 80, 600 all in.

just called to cancel, never mentioned discount and pushed them until the annual cost was the same as sky

I was in the same situation and got the same offer - signed up yesterday and the new horizon box arrived today. Got to keep my existing cisco router too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Current basic bill is €80 per month. This months bill will be 5th month at full price. Nearly sure my internet speed is set at 120mb, but didn't push for the faster speed last time, as I am not an especially heavy data user, and laptop is the limiting factor in my internet speed, only issue I would have at the moment is that I am considering moving.

Not sure if a UPC connection point and a valid box is enough to just plug it in at a new address, or if I am likely to get caught after the fact for a €200 connection fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Current basic bill is €80 per month. This months bill will be 5th month at full price. Nearly sure my internet speed is set at 120mb, but didn't push for the faster speed last time, as I am not an especially heavy data user, and laptop is the limiting factor in my internet speed, only issue I would have at the moment is that I am considering moving.

Not sure if a UPC connection point and a valid box is enough to just plug it in at a new address, or if I am likely to get caught after the fact for a €200 connection fee.

If your still in contact VM will charge you €200 to cancel.

If your still in contact VM will charge you €200 to cancel.

Intention would not be to cancel. Would only move into a place, that had UPC. Sky or eircom would not have particular channels include. There would be trouble if someone could not watch ski jumping or certain, reality shows. I know one of the pitch at least when I first sign up, was that they were waiving the connection and installation charge. Would not want to get hit with this as an existing customer, by changing properties. It would potential erase over half the potential saving I might achieve.

Going on others getting 6-9 months at half price, potential savings of €240-360, don't want to lose that, after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

Just to say thanks to all for the advice and information with regards dealing with Virgin. Special thanks to OU812 as I quoted the deal he posted. I was dealt with fairly and kindly by VM and am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

They are rumoured to be releasing a €19.16 Horizon deal.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    They are rumoured to be releasing a €19.16 Horizon deal.

Just TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone here on contract with 240mb and phone deal tried to get 360mb and new router by any chance,since my contract doesn't end for another year or so,wouldn't mind getting new box just for wifi,but paying 60e+60 for box after 4 months wouldn't be much of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Just TV?

Tv and Bb. Ask for the €19.16 Horizon deal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Fr_Dougal wrote:
    Tv and Bb. Ask for the €19.16 Horizon deal.

where ?

Advertisement