Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Events

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

The panels for D.I.C.E are up
    1544282_675051689259298_6512370399876534527_n.jpg?oh=c5232f993dd4966a0e667c8e8aa22121&oe=548C2A89&__gda__=1420269074_ab3c900f651f897844a19075078f8c27

Along with the promise of more tables for Traders if anyone is interested.
    There WILL be more tables available for DICE14!
    People on the waiting list will be contacted soon, and email us now at enquiries@dublincomicexpo.com if you want more information!

Some words from PJ Holden.
    http://www.pauljholden.com/blog/2014/09/06/dice-2/

Take the 24-hour comics challenge, bring some pens/pencils and paper, and complete a full comic in a single day – add to the rich seam of graphical 24-hour story-telling founded by comics legend Scott McCloud and continued as an annual global phenomenon every year in October:
    http://www.24hourcomicsday.com

Check the link for more info.

http://blog.farsetlabs.org.uk/24-hour-comics-day-tell-your-own-story/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

RE Dice: Is it true you can only go to one panel at a time? I want to go to pretty much everything Kieron Gillen is involved in, I'm dead excited to meet him.

• Moderators Posts: 51,691 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Jenda wrote: »
    RE Dice: Is it true you can only go to one panel at a time? I want to go to pretty much everything Kieron Gillen is involved in, I'm dead excited to meet him.
    The panels run consecutively, not in parallel. So it's entirely possible to go to all the panels.

You can only get a ticket to a panel in the hour previous to it. So if you go to Panel 1, then you have to go back to the ticket table to get a ticket for Panel 2 when Panel 1 is over.

Went to a couple of panels that were back to back and it was no problem getting tickets generally (aside from Scott Synder panel. But he did a second panel due to demand).

If you can read this, you're too close!

SW wrote: »
    The panels run consecutively, not in parallel. So it's entirely possible to go to all the panels.

You can only get a ticket to a panel in the hour previous to it. So if you go to Panel 1, then you have to go back to the ticket table to get a ticket for Panel 2 when Panel 1 is over.

Went to a couple of panels that were back to back and it was no problem getting tickets generally (aside from Scott Synder panel. But he did a second panel due to demand).

Great stuff, thanks so much! Sunday's line-up of panels in particular is very "me" so I'll go to as many as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

what were the crowds like in previous years? I haven't gotten a ticket yet and will probably just turn up on the day(s) but I can't say for sure which ones as yet.

what were the crowds like in previous years? I haven't gotten a ticket yet and will probably just turn up on the day(s) but I can't say for sure which ones as yet.

They said on their Facebook that tickets would be available on the day, I'd say you should be fine.

You should be fine James. Unless you want to get in First thing. Then I'd advise picking the ticket up online.

Really looking forward to adding to my horde.

Yeah I'm excited about this weekend now. I've been away for the past two DICE events so this will be my first.

Did people who went to D.I.C.E. enjoy themselves?! I had a great time, panels were excellent (I went to the Marvel Panel and Image Panel on the Saturday, then the Wicked + Divine Panel, Comics are for Everyone, and Batman Panels on the Sunday), met Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie and got my comics signed, commissioned a Kate Leth sketch for my fiancé who was delighted to meet her, bought some of the irish stuff downstairs and enjoyed the big night out on the Saturday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

There was a big night out on the Saturday? Wasn't aware of that so just had dinner with friends in one of the restaurants. It was my first time at DICE or any kind of comics convention and I have to say I had a good time. Got talking to some really nice guys from England and bought one of their comics (The Kill Switch). Meant to talk to the people at the table doing the detective comic but never revisited them.

Went to just one panel, Writing in Comics and it was really good. In hindsight I wish I had gone to more panels but I'll know better for next time. Overall I think what I enjoyed most was the really friendly atmosphere that prevailed throughout.

Not ones to rest on their laurels.
    The Big Bang have got 4 signing in the next 4 months.As a great Follow up to D.I.C.E.
    First up being Jeff Lemire.

Jeff is a Canadian comics artist and writer. He is the author of the Essex County Trilogy, Sweet Tooth, The Nobody, and Animal Man. Lemire is known for his moody, humanistic stories and sketchy, cinematic, black-and-white art.
    On the Wednesday the 19 November at 1800. Jeff will be signing in the Big Bang out in Dundrum.
    Big Bang Comics is delighted to host JEFF LEMIRE, Xeric award winner and author of ESSEX COUNTY, TRILLIUM, ANIMAL MAN, GREEN ARROW and upcoming writer for HAWKEYE!
    More details soon!

Event Page

And event number 2 from The Big Bang is CAMERON STEWART.

This one is happening on 10 December at 18:00
    Big Bang Comics is proud to host CAMERON STEWART, Eisner-Award winner, writer of BATGIRL and author of SIN TITULO and the artist for the upcoming FIGHT CLUB sequel!

And to top it off, there will be an after party at the Thomas House in Dublin to celebrate the event AND Cameron's upcoming birthday!

Join us!

https://www.facebook.com/events/733623996730297/

https://www.facebook.com/events/299754273543508/

Comicbooks.ie are running there first event this weekend.
    No Idea what to expect from it. But they are offering a few prizes for attendance as well other offers.

For the Startrek fans out there.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1393970350899667/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
    Hello peeps ! The USS Cuchulain/ Star Trek Ireland is delighted to bring you a trek themed night downstairs in the Thomas house on Thomas street. We will have trek tunes, trek props and if you would like to talk to us about joining as well as general questions this is the night. We're gonna trek style drinks , like Romulan ale , Klingon blood wine and many more ! Its free in! And if you want to dress in trek uniforms you're more than welcome ! We may also have star trek merch to sell too :)

Why not join us for the night ! On the 23rd of January! Live long and prosper , Qu'pla etc etc !
    Could be a fun night.

Cork getting its own Comic Expo.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/comic-convention-should-prove-a-big-draw-for-cork-305353.html

10891948_10155071896255370_1037944056463048202_n.jpg?oh=d2c2442721b3b979d00386397de68675&oe=55228797&__gda__=1430432273_ccd4fe8f9b2c1e3e6807fa47bc1642ac

Will throw up any info as I see it.

MarkHall wrote: »
    Cork getting its own Comic Expo.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/comic-convention-should-prove-a-big-draw-for-cork-305353.html

10891948_10155071896255370_1037944056463048202_n.jpg?oh=d2c2442721b3b979d00386397de68675&oe=55228797&__gda__=1430432273_ccd4fe8f9b2c1e3e6807fa47bc1642ac

Will throw up any info as I see it.

Cool! Yes please do throw up more information when you get it :)

And The Big Bang is at it again.
    The Big news for February is Mark Millar. Love him or Hate him. Millar has produced some great tales during his career.
    And here's your chance to tell him what you think in person at Dundrum.

So that's Saturday 28th of February for all you fans/haters! Stick it in your Diaries now.

Time to dig out Kick-Ass #1...

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/events/399519430223119

Not sure what happened with the linkage.
    But the Millar event has a FB page.

And news on the Cork Comic Expo is that it's a Free non Ticketed event.
    10968400_10155210435925370_3254769741361451907_n.jpg?oh=f2fea3d0be45bf0cab1fe58f91dd26a0&oe=555EC390&__gda__=1431039941_679e9b6c410b1597130e82c4613edd90

Exclusive Q&A with Mark Millar followed by a screening of KINGSMAN at Movies Movies @ Dundrum!
    Tickets are €15 and include a limited Chrononauts print SIGNED by Mark Millar and Sean Gordon Murphy!
    Needless to say, tickets are going to go fast (we can see that print being REALLY popular!) so don't snooze!
    http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=M-DUNDRUM&p=tickets&perfCode=207398
    Tickets on sale here for the Screening and Q&A.

that is a good idea and a fairly decent deal.... but I only watched the movie recently enough... €15 for a Q and A and an exclusive print... not for me personally but a good deal if you haven't seen the movie yet.

Half the tickets sold as of 6 minutes ago according to Facebook.

Have to say it was a great night last night for the GRANUAILE - QUEEN OF STORMS launch. Even if I missed the last bus home due to the road works on Suffolk street.

Half the tickets sold as of 6 minutes ago according to Facebook.

Have to say it was a great night last night for the GRANUAILE - QUEEN OF STORMS launch. Even if I missed the last bus home due to the road works on Suffolk street.

Ah no way! I forgot that was on! ****. What was on after it? Drinks the pub around the corner?

Ah no way! I forgot that was on! ****. What was on after it? Drinks the pub around the corner?

We did Rock Lobster to keep it classy. :)

Will the Miller signing really be as chaotic as the Big Bang seem to be suggesting it will be? I've been to a few of their signings before but was always able to collect orders during it but this won't be the case on Saturday. Also would people really q multiple times to get additional books signed? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with people wanting to do that, it's just I feel weird now with my one, maybe two comics, sitting in my bag.

Love him or hate him. He has a razzle Dazzle ability. And he's become one of the Biggest names in the industry via the power of Nostalgia.

Every event I've been involved in with Millar has always been as big as his Ego. And it's been nearly 6 years since he last signed on these shores. And he doesn't really do signings most years. So he can be a hard one to nail down.
    So I assume this one is going to be Big. Not Jonathon Ross levels but defo a big Un!

Love him or hate him. He has a razzle Dazzle ability. And he's become one of the Biggest names in the industry via the power of Nostalgia.

Every event I've been involved in with Millar has always been as big as his Ego. And it's been nearly 6 years since he last signed on these shores. And he doesn't really do signings most years. So he can be a hard one to nail down.
    So I assume this one is going to be Big. Not Jonathon Ross levels but defo a big Un!

You're a good man for information, Thanks

• Advertisement

A Good Day yesterday. A lot of fun to be had.
    B-8ZgdsXIAApxcV.jpg

Some very happy people left the Big Bang yesterday.
    Hell of a que. Folks turned up at 5AM. Mad Bastards. No one would accept my Premise that Civil war is a Bit(Lot) cack.

And the Shop announced this
    10451652_780041092073336_4514171027526874609_n.jpg?oh=68cda27eacd7017a8448b8fd5313e645&oe=5582D439&__gda__=1434581424_3e0ed932ad68aa5db365f6847367bd34
    So that's two comic related events in April for all of you.

Advertisement