Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Must check that out.

Does it do what the pub in Strandhill does. If you take the book home, you've to at least replace it with another one?

Not that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Was in Chapters today, friends had sandwiches I had the soup. Soup was watery and salty, I'd rather pay another couple of euro for a bigger, thicker bowl of soup, didn't give the impression that it was homemade tbh. My friends weren't keen on their sandwiches, one had her order mixed up, both said the sandwiches were small and dry. Was disappointed because a few twitter people are keen on it, probably due to the free wi fi. Friendly service though.

Was in Chapters today, friends had sandwiches I had the soup. Soup was watery and salty, I'd rather pay another couple of euro for a bigger, thicker bowl of soup, didn't give the impression that it was homemade tbh. My friends weren't keen on their sandwiches, one had her order mixed up, both said the sandwiches were small and dry. Was disappointed because a few twitter people are keen on it, probably due to the free wi fi. Friendly service though.

That's a shame, I've been in there a good few times and never had a bad lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have had lunch in Hargadons a few times recently. Usally go for one of the Daily Specials, every time I have found them amazing, and a very good price. But unfortuatly not been able to quite finish every them time due to the size of the porton, and if you have met me, you'll know I can put away allot of food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I never had that problem stew, though I do love a good sized portion.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I never had that problem stew, though I do love a good sized portion.

We are still talking about Sligo Restaurants aren't we?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ooooh-er :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Went to Paprika, the Indian Restaurant on Pearse Rd, last week. Maybe it was a once off or we caught them on a bad day but just wondering has anyone else being there and found the service very slow?

5 of us went in at 6.10pm and got out at 8.55pm. They seemed to prioritise take outs and there must have been only one chef. Even the one of the waiters disappeared to do a delivery. Food was lovely though but might stick to takeaways if thats the way it is all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Plazaman wrote: »
    Went to Paprika, the Indian Restaurant on Pearse Rd, last week. Maybe it was a once off or we caught them on a bad day but just wondering has anyone else being there and found the service very slow?

5 of us went in at 6.10pm and got out at 8.55pm. They seemed to prioritise take outs and there must have been only one chef. Even the one of the waiters disappeared to do a delivery. Food was lovely though but might stick to takeaways if thats the way it is all the time.

Never sat in there but their takeaway service has always been prompt and the food is consistently fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Have sat in there with a group once before and didn't have any problems, were very accommodating. The service didn't seem overly slow. There was time between courses that, while slightly lengthy for Indians I'd normally sit in at, it was less than a what lot of other non-Indian restaurants pull.

Have been in restaurants before, cannot recall exactly which ones, but have had waits of up to 40-45 mins between some courses! Needless to say that was not something I'd call "slightly lengthy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

magnumlady wrote: »
    That's a shame, I've been in there a good few times and never had a bad lunch.
    To fillefatale - I've eaten in Chapters loads of time since it's opened. Have never had bad food in there. Soup has always been fab and definately homemade and I don't think I have every had a "small" or "dry" sandwich in there. Service excellent as well. Give it another go. Definately worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I spent (another) week in Sligo.

Source is still the best when it comes to food quality and ingredients by a long shot.

Weirdly, there was a load of teenagers punching the heads off each other outside the restaurant. :eek:

scarlet43 wrote: »
    To fillefatale - I've eaten in Chapters loads of time since it's opened. Have never had bad food in there. Soup has always been fab and definately homemade and I don't think I have every had a "small" or "dry" sandwich in there. Service excellent as well. Give it another go. Definately worth it.

I'm afraid I have and the soup is as watery as ever. Pot of tea was quite watery too. I'd go there for the free wi-fi though.

Has anyone been to Streetcart? Their burritos aren't bad! Definitely would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I'm afraid I have and the soup is as watery as ever. Pot of tea was quite watery too. I'd go there for the free wi-fi though.

Has anyone been to Streetcart? Their burritos aren't bad! Definitely would recommend.

Do you mean the tea is weak?

And yes, everyone should go to Strretcart, the burritos are delicious and seriously filling, and the folks working there are probably the nicest that i've dealt with in nearly any shop in Sligo.

The Swagman is great for lunches. Friendly staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭maidie

I was in Sligo recently and went for dinner to Coach Lane as recomended by a lovely taxi driver who even called ahead and booked us a table, firstly we were impressed with the driver but the food and portion sizes were something else, lovely atmosphere and very efficient service, would love to go back sometime

And yes, everyone should go to Strretcart, the burritos are delicious and seriously filling, and the folks working there are probably the nicest that i've dealt with in nearly any shop in Sligo.

Where's Street Cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

irish-stew wrote: »
    Where's Street Cart.
    Just down from Envy / Pure / Equinox / Zanadus (etc.) - where Cafe Society was.

Not bad food alright... very filling burritos.. but couldn't have it too often.

I'm talking about the green tea, to be more specific. They use the same brand as I do at home - one bag per pot, found it really weak, I use one bag for a mug at home so could definitely taste the difference.

Yeah the staff in there are brilliant. So efficient too.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Another vote for Street Cart here. Lovely food and the staff/owner were very helpful in explaining things because it looks quite confusing on your first visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Had my 2nd evening meal in recent times in The Silver Apple and found that it is still worth recommending.
    Friendly staff and extensive menu with great specials and very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

+1 for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

Where is the swagman,im not a native;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭johnire

Where is the swagman,im not a native;)

It's in Wine Street....just down from the bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

johnire wrote: »
    It's in Wine Street....just down from the bakery.
    Previously The Stables..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tried Street Cart the other week. Went for a large pork burrito, was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely try it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Advertisement