Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drum practice help

• 04-01-2005 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Ive been playing a drums a few years now, never got lessons or did any sort of "Practice" as such, just hammered away at the full kit. Ok I did try snare work or base drum work but found it to boring to keep me interested. Now its going against me so time to practice. Has anybody any ideas on how i could make practice more interesting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

play with other people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Practice isn't interesting. If you find practice interesting you're not "really" practicing.

I practice 4 hours a day at the minute and i don't enjoy it, I just do it, but it has to be done. What I do enjoy is being able to call on the things I've practiced when I'm playing and knowing I can play them and comprehend them comfortably.

So out with the drum book and paradiddle away!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Fusion251 wrote:
    Practice isn't interesting. If you find practice interesting you're not "really" practicing.

I practice 4 hours a day at the minute and i don't enjoy it, I just do it, but it has to be done. What I do enjoy is being able to call on the things I've practiced when I'm playing and knowing I can play them and comprehend them comfortably.

So out with the drum book and paradiddle away!

I know your right was really hoping that somebody might have some ideas. 4 hours a day? Thats tough going. would you do 4 hours on a practice pad or would you mix it up on the whole kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

I know your right was really hoping that somebody might have some ideas. 4 hours a day? Thats tough going. would you do 4 hours on a practice pad or would you mix it up on the whole kit?

No drums aren't my main instrument, do 4 hours on the guitar, I play drums too and one of my mates who's an amazing Jazz drummer says he doesn't really practice that much on the kit, he practices with a metronome, clapping through drum books, it's great for your time as well as rhythmic ideas, I do it myself and it really helps expand you rhythmic vocabulary on any instrument..

So get ya head down and enjoy the rewards when the practice has been done :cool:

Advertisement