Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inappropriate things you've laughed at

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Haha the guy to the left didnt exactly dive to protect his daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I have a few of these funeral ones - this one was for the funeral of an old boyfriend of mine, I had travelled over to England for it. Anyway the day of the funeral, the father of my ex was late, the service was held up for over an hour waiting for him. Eventually the service went ahead, as funerals go - it was very sad, as my ex had been in a serious accident and had a young son.
    We proceeded out to the graveyard in the church grounds for the burial, still no sign of the father. All the prayers had been said & the coffin laid in the ground - when out of the quiet this voice yelled 'Ah Carl, my son, I always loved you....' etc etc. The father continues on in this vein... Blind drunk coming through the graveyard, falling over graves, raving about how much he loves his son & then when he eventually gets to the grave, nearly fell in.

I was with my ex's current partner (we did get on well) and we fell around the place laughing. One of the most tragic & hilarious things I have ever seen. The father was an absolute waste of space for my ex in life and death. To this day I can hear the father shouting/roaring at the top of his voice 'Ah Carl, my son'....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

marcsignal wrote: »
    It's from a movie called 'Escape from Sobibor', a true story as it happens. Ordinarily I wouldn'd find it funny, and I like my bad jokes, even holocaust ones, but on a thread like this in AH the rules are, there are few rules.

Ah I know that I just thought the video was a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

kfallon wrote: »
    I switched on Fair City the other night to see a guy with two small arms and I laughed, totally inappropriate and I felt guilty after it :o

But it got me thinking, how bad is Irish acting talent if they had to get a deformed English actor for an Irish soap :confused: Unless his disorder was part of a storyline.

This is the guy and I am sorry for laughing, not sure what came over me

http://img.rasset.ie/0004bf40-628.jpg

It was part of the storyline (I think) but I had a similar inappropriate moment when I saw him, no offence to the guy or his character, but I just thought - he looks like a human T-Rex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

I laugh every time I hear Edna Kinny say "De Peeple",while referring to the electorate.I always laugh til I stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Karona wrote: »
    ........ the retarded people love it and a lot of them lived there. Myself and my Mam couldn't even look at eachother for fear of bursting out laughing and the woman noticing. Later on she corrected herself, she had meant to say retired people instead of retarded.

My wife makes the same mistake all the time.

Often goes on about how our parents are retarded now, I can only nod in agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Was at mass with the mother when i was about 13. Bored to tears and pissed that i got dragged out of bed before 9 on a Sunday. So there i was quietly dosing away against the radiator while the ancient priest was giving his sermon. Wasnt even listening until I heard the word ejaculation. Thought I had imagined it or that i had a filthy mind. Looked around and no one else seemed to notice what he had said. Looked at the mother and she had a smirk. Then he said ejaculation again, he must have meant sonething else. I couldnt hold in the laughter this time thought I was gonna explode. Cue the mother starts then and we had tears coming down our faces. All the old wans in the church turn around and glare at us. we ended up leaving after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

At a course a few years ago the instructor wanted everyone to say something about themselves so he asked us all to say one thing we like and one thing we hate. I thought for a while and I really hate people who take forever to do something that should only take a minute and then it was my turn to talk...

"Hi, I'm smash. I like cars, and I hate slow people!"

Then when I realised what I'd said, without correcting myself I just started laughing. Got some awful looks from other people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I laughed in the face of a guy who told me he was a farmer once :(

We were in a bar in Shanghai.
    He was an obvious country lad, Tipp maybe?

Can't recall the exact conversation but he mentioned something about how Shanghai was so different and sure he's "only from down the countrah" and something about wearing wellies and being a farmer..... I lost it:pac:.

I honestly thought he was just joking and playing it up cause he was from the sticks, but no... he was serious.
    I felt like a cnut, I AM a cnut.

I've just been so far removed from Ireland for so long that I guess my subconscious kind of forgot that farmers were a real thing?....somehow??. :confused:

And to the inevitable people who will say I'm a typical bogger hater etc:
    I love wellies ... AND farms.

So THERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bogger hater :mad:

And Tipp people do not speak like that.
    He was probably West Clare ;)

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    And Tipp people do not speak like that.

heard on the radio this morning it's been officially voted the worst accent in Ireland. Don't know how, unless the people doing the poll never went to Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i always found this scene funny :D

am i sick in the head??

fryup wrote: »
    i always found this scene funny :D

am i sick in the head??

This one's better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bonw1xOF-I

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but its fake

its a sketch from a comedy show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I had a boss in an Irish bar in the UK who was from the 'wesht', so every single 's' he said was pronounced 'sh'. So there was a guy in the Irish community who died and people all turn up to the Irish pub afterwards for drinks, food, etc. So one man was a bit upset and the guy who owns the bar comes over to tell us that the man was crying and he went upstairs to where we kept kegs etc to sit down as he didn't want to be seen by the family crying. What the boss said was: 'Mick has just gone upstairs to the keg room and sat down for himself'. We had a young English girl behind the bar who clearly heard wrong and wasn't the brightest, who replied to me quietly in a thick Brummie accent: "Ugggh, well I'll be ****ed if I'm clearing up that ****ing mess. That's so disgusting. What kind of idiot gets so drunk and ****s themselves at a funeral?". I didn't get it for about 10-20 seconds, but when it clicked I could barely hold it together, but I said she had to at least bring him some toilet roll.... and she went up!!!

After about ten minutes she came back down VERY embarrassed and absolutely raging. She explained how she had knocked on the door and asked if he wanted some toilet roll, which would have actually been OK given the fact Mick was crying but she also said....if she should ask someone to go to his house and get him a clean pair of pants! She said he asked why he would need them and then it slowly dawned on both of them what she thought and what was actually going on were a bit different. He actually thought it was funny, and he told the boss and they took the piss out of the girl for the rest of the time I was there!! But when she told me immediately after, I really couldn't breath for about 2 or 3 minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Was with the folks in Tenerife a good few years back, last family holiday before flying the nest and all that. Got rat arsed the first night there and had a big dirty indian too for good measure. Anyway the next morning we go get into a cable car to head up to the peak there (inactive volcano) and I just cant stop dropping the most hideous farts ever. The windows were all closed and everyone was looked rather disgusted and uncomfortable. I thought I managed to hide it was me well enough but when we got out of the cable car at the end, there was a gust of wind and a huge smell of sulfur came from the volcano - everyone just turned and stared at me and I burst out laughing.

reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydTPkb6rqAg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

fryup wrote: »
    don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but its fake

its a sketch from a comedy show

That's no secret, it's still great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

An old guy choking on his false teeth.

Had to have an op to remove them on xmas day...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

I was an altar boy in school and had to serve at a funeral mass one day.
    I was standing there in the cathedral, in front of the coffin holding the big cross and facing the grieving family. Next thing I spotted a mouse just toddling around under the first row of seats. I nearly wet myself.
    I still remember the family looking at me and the priest had to come down and tell me to shut up. I just couldn't stop sniggering though.
    I was the first altar boy in the school to be fecked out of the team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh God....

A friend of mine is mad into supporting those stupid causes on Facebook and one day I was having a rant about it to someone. She had put a link to a baby with no hands with the caption "Every baby deserves to be loved" or something. The rant receiver laughed and said "Haha baby can't hold his bottle."

I laughed for literally an hour.

Straight to hell for me, unless this counts as confession. Which I really don't think it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I got fcuked out of class for telling this one in secondary school.

Why were the 1940s Jews considered bad at school,
    because they were sent to concentration camp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I nearly pissed myself laughing at yer man on the news tonight dancing on stage for the paddys day festival, falling over doing a jig.
    Ha ha clumsy cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Alias G

I started giggling at the corpse of my Grandfather. It was just a nervous reaction as I was in my early teens and had never seen a dead body before but it was certainly an inappropriate reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 zuppy11

token101 wrote: »
    I had a boss in an Irish bar in the UK who was from the 'wesht', so every single 's' he said was pronounced 'sh'. So there was a guy in the Irish community who died and people all turn up to the Irish pub afterwards for drinks, food, etc. So one man was a bit upset and the guy who owns the bar comes over to tell us that the man was crying and he went upstairs to where we kept kegs etc to sit down as he didn't want to be seen by the family crying. What the boss said was: 'Mick has just gone upstairs to the keg room and sat down for himself'. We had a young English girl behind the bar who clearly heard wrong and wasn't the brightest, who replied to me quietly in a thick Brummie accent: "Ugggh, well I'll be ****ed if I'm clearing up that ****ing mess. That's so disgusting. What kind of idiot gets so drunk and ****s themselves at a funeral?". I didn't get it for about 10-20 seconds, but when it clicked I could barely hold it together, but I said she had to at least bring him some toilet roll.... and she went up!!!

After about ten minutes she came back down VERY embarrassed and absolutely raging. She explained how she had knocked on the door and asked if he wanted some toilet roll, which would have actually been OK given the fact Mick was crying but she also said....if she should ask someone to go to his house and get him a clean pair of pants! She said he asked why he would need them and then it slowly dawned on both of them what she thought and what was actually going on were a bit different. He actually thought it was funny, and he told the boss and they took the piss out of the girl for the rest of the time I was there!! But when she told me immediately after, I really couldn't breath for about 2 or 3 minutes :pac:

Good one! How used you get the kegs upstairs? I'm building a small pub and i want to put the keg room upstairs. Obviously tricky to get kegs up to first floor though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I have a terrible habit of laughing when you're not supposed to laugh, and then I just can't stop. Often happens when everyone else is silent and it's really noticeable, like in the church (like most people here, it seems!) and in classes. Things that wouldn't be funny in any other context, but because you can't laugh, it just seems hilarious.

-Recent (small) lecture: extreeemely boring module taught by an old man, no-one understands what's going on as yer man has just been writing Latin words all over the board. He then writes up "CUM" and circles it, followed by "NOBISCUM" (pronounced "Knobby scum"). The room has been completely silent until this point and now about 10 of us are choking and trying to turn laughter into a cough.

-Another lecture: the lecturer is talking about fighting roosters (a sport in Latin America), but referring to them as "fighting cocks". "And the cock that he has is considered the best one in the town, it's bound to make him money"... "He gives out to the children who come to the house just to stare at his cock" etc.

So immature, but I can't help it :o Probably isn't an inappropriate thing to laugh at, but it is an inappropriate context to be laughing in :P.

Also when people have had a bad flu etc. and they're really hoarse/deep-voiced for a couple weeks. First time I hear them speak like that I have to bite my lip and try to fake a sneeze/coughing fit :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I have a terrible habit of laughing when you're not supposed to laugh, and then I just can't stop. Often happens when everyone else is silent and it's really noticeable, like in the church (like most people here, it seems!) and in classes. Things that wouldn't be funny in any other context, but because you can't laugh, it just seems hilarious.

-Recent (small) lecture: extreeemely boring module taught by an old man, no-one understands what's going on as yer man has just been writing Latin words all over the board. He then writes up "CUM" and circles it, followed by "NOBISCUM" (pronounced "Knobby scum"). The room has been completely silent until this point and now about 10 of us are choking and trying to turn laughter into a cough.

-Another lecture: the lecturer is talking about fighting roosters (a sport in Latin America), but referring to them as "fighting cocks". "And the cock that he has is considered the best one in the town, it's bound to make him money"... "He gives out to the children who come to the house just to stare at his cock" etc.

So immature, but I can't help it :o Probably isn't an inappropriate thing to laugh at, but it is an inappropriate context to be laughing in :P.

Also when people have had a bad flu etc. and they're really hoarse/deep-voiced for a couple weeks. First time I hear them speak like that I have to bite my lip and try to fake a sneeze/coughing fit :o

similar thing happened to me in a lecture last semester
    We were talking about blood sports in ireland...particularly about cock fighting!
    Good God im surprised i didnt wet myself laughing and i dont even know why i found it so funny
    It went like this.....

"They loved fighting with cocks"
    "Men with their cocks...fighting"
    "Look at them there...standing with their cocks out"

yes i know its childish but it was just so funny :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

marcsignal wrote: »
    It's from a movie called 'Escape from Sobibor', a true story as it happens. Ordinarily I wouldn'd find it funny, and I like my bad jokes, even holocaust ones, but on a thread like this in AH the rules are, there are few rules.

The film is public domain, so anyone interested can download it for free. (legally)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Since we're on the subject of mass...
    When my cousins came down from belfast for the weekend we always had mad craic. One time in particular I walked 3 mile to my grannies when they were round and arrived just in time for MASS... great!

But that didn't stop the fun. Me and the cousin my age spent the whole time trying to get the two younger ones (11 year old twin boys) to laugh.
    We got a few sniggers out of them until one bowed his head to suppress a giggle and whacked his forehead full force off the pew. We all burst out laughing and the four of us had to be marched out in single file by granda.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Although so so so bloody cruel , i cant help finding this hilarious! Watched it about 10 times now ...... cheers me up no end! You know the feeling you are just in a mad giggly mood and cant control it ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

janja wrote: »

Although so so so bloody cruel , i cant help finding this hilarious! Watched it about 10 times now ...... cheers me up no end! You know the feeling you are just in a mad giggly mood and cant control it ,

Funny, but it's faked.

Advertisement