Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game-week 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Austin is captaincy material next weekend too, there's no other candidates jumping out at me apart from Yaya maybe.

I have no City players and will captain Austin (if I get him). Sanchez might not be a bad shout against Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Still going with the plan of Aguero to Austin unless RvP or Rooney really impress me tomorrow

I wish I had held aguero and played boyd as was under consideration!
    I ended up playing boyd anyway cos of the dzeko transfer :(
    so now I'll end up taking a -4 next week more than likely with Austin or giroud coming in along with yaya for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Lads will you provide an update on Dzeko injury status?

Guessing Zab was just rested this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Lads will you provide an update on Dzeko injury status?

Guessing Zab was just rested this week?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/December/Leicester-v-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-reaction

Quote: “We are without Dzeko, Aguero and Jovetic , for maybe more than a couple of weeks."

Pozo is owned by nobody at 5.0 but is at best a punt.
    City attacking options very hard to plan for at the moment.
    By all accounts Zab was just rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Erikson --> Hazard barring injury in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Pelegrini mentioned that his 3 strikers could be out for a month. I guess it is too early to tell, but if that is the case then City look a lot less attractive.

If Lampard was given more gametime he'd be the perfect candidate. But even today with his goal he only ended up scoring 6 pts because subbed at the 59th min. Could have been 11 had he played 70/80 min.
    Yaya, Silva and it hurts to mention him Nasri could be great options.
    Full quote from MP http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/December/Leicester-v-City-Manuel-Pellegrini-reaction

"We are without Dzeko, Aguero and Jovetic , for maybe more than a couple of weeks. We must see how long it takes Jovetic to recover. It is a difficult situation but we will see what is the best way for us to play.

“Lampard scored again which is one of the reasons he played today, because he can score and we needed a goal.

“David Silva, Samir Nasri and the rest of the midfielders can all score so we must see during the week which is the best way to play in the future until we recover our strikers."

Hasn't Silva played as a false 9 for Spain before? That could be one option.
    I think he did when Del Bosque "invented" the no striker formation at Euro 2012.

In fairness, if fully fit, he could be given a Messi-like free role upfront. With his pace and technicity he could be a lethal weapon.
    Not sure Pellegrini will go that way though. He likes to build well balanced teams (his experience in Real Madrid was not a total success because he was not "allowed" that there - he "had" to play the galacticos policy). So trying to outsmart your opponent by deliberately unbalancing your team like Del Bosque did at Euro 2012 may not be Pellegrini cup of tea. That said, City run of fixtures is the best they could have hoped for. So if there's a time to try it out it's now (or never).

A dream set up would be
    Toure Fernandinho/Fernando
    Navas Nasri Lampard/Milner
    Silva

But Pozo could be the one playing upfront. 18 years of age. Probably eager to show what he's capable of. He could be the real "winner" here. That said haven't seen the game today so have no clue how he fared today...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

8.2 mil to spend on a striker. Any suggestions?
    Considering giroud, welbeck, jovetic, Kane or pelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Dzeko out Giroud in. And maybe Di Maria in for Siggy if he plays against Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dzeko out Giroud in. And maybe Di Maria in for Siggy if he plays against Liverpool.
    ADM won't play against Liverpool.
    https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/543443270240845824
    Don't know how close he is to a come back...

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    8.2 mil to spend on a striker. Any suggestions?
    Considering giroud, welbeck, jovetic, Kane or pelle

Jovetic is injured
    https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/543835714103037952

Then, fixtures wise Kane or Giroud could be worth it. Depends also upon what you could do with the funds difference if you get Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Austin is captaincy material next weekend too, there's no other candidates jumping out at me apart from Yaya maybe.

The good thing about Austin is that he's had a nice rest ahead of Xmas so hopefully he won't be benched over the festive period now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Lemlin wrote: »
    The good thing about Austin is that he's had a nice rest ahead of Xmas so hopefully he won't be benched over the festive period now.

It says on FPL that he is suspended until 20th Dec. I thought he was sent off for 2 yellows? Do they have it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mectavba wrote: »
    It says on FPL that he is suspended until 20th Dec. I thought he was sent off for 2 yellows? Do they have it wrong?

They don't update it until qpr play monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Okay so I can afford pretty much anyone in for Chadli. Downing is an option but apart from that no one is really jumping out at me. My front 8 is currently:
    Boyd, Siggy, Chadli, Sanchez, Hazard,
    Costa, Bony, Austin.

Anyone got any suggestions? I was looking at Yaya but I dunno if he's worth 10.8m.

Di Maria should be on his way back for the next round of fixtures.

I need a mid and at the moment Downing and Yaya are in contention.

Downing just keeps scoring and West Ham are home to Leicester next.

Yaya had a good chance yesterday and could have had an assist as well. Plus he's on pens.

Will see if anyone else puts themselves in contention today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

mectavba wrote: »

He's back on the 20th. One game ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yaya had a good chance yesterday and could have had an assist as well. Plus he's on pens.

Downing to chadli in gw12 easily my worst transfer of the season :(

I include the dzeko 4 point hit mess yesterday in that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭G1032

Ya. I have Downing. I have Fabianski, Siggy and Bony. Three Swansea is too many so I'm almost sure I'll be doing Siggy to Yaya. It'll be a blocker add much as anything because almost everyone near the top of the tables in my money leagues have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Really want to get City cover in defence. But to do that I need to make two transfers so not sure if I will.

Very tempted to get rid of Costa though. I have Austin and Bony also so wondering who to go for instead.

Costa or Chambers will be going for definite bar injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Costa and Siggy out

Yaya and Bony in.

There will be a -4 involved but I do think its worth it...

Thoughts?

dahat wrote: »
    Costa and Siggy out

Yaya and Bony in.

There will be a -4 involved but I do think its worth it...

Thoughts?

Looks a good move to me. Bony has been good in his last two games and I'm hoping he continues that today.

I was lucky to have gone for him last week over Dzeko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sigurdsson is gone for me too if he doesn't perform today. Along with Dzeko.

I can only have one of Silva and Bony to replace them, I would have to sacrifice on the other player.

Bony would leave me 8 mil for the midfielder whereas Silva would leave 7.7 for the striker.

Who should I prioritise for the Christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm thinking I'm just gonna do Kompany to Dimichelis amd leave my front 7 alone. It means giving Costa and RVP another week, and no City attackers but I think that is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks a good move to me. Bony has been good in his last two games and I'm hoping he continues that today.

I was lucky to have gone for him last week over Dzeko.

Likely move on these then but will wait till later in the week as I can afford to. I can just see Yaya getting his 5th yellow though just after I buy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

CSF wrote: »
    Sigurdsson is gone for me too if he doesn't perform today.

Same. He has to score or at least assist today for me to keep him. Otherwise he is out for Downing. Cannot ignore him any longer.
    West Ham playing well and Downing is central to everything. They have lots of goals in them too with Sakho, Valencia and Carroll so assists a plenty for Downing I think.
    The Hammers came up against a decent Sunderland team yday but still had lots of chances.
    Also Leicester next... Glad FFFix got Downing's price rise wrong last night. He will go up tonight though it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Baines in for Fonte for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm eyeing up Siggy --> Downing and Chadli --> Yaya.

JR6 wrote: »
    Same. He has to score or at least assist today for me to keep him. Otherwise he is out for Downing. Cannot ignore him any longer.
    West Ham playing well and Downing is central to everything. They have lots of goals in them too with Sakho, Valencia and Carroll so assists a plenty for Downing I think.
    The Hammers came up against a decent Sunderland team yday but still had lots of chances.
    Also Leicester next... Glad FFFix got Downing's price rise wrong last night. He will go up tonight though it looks like.

You're doing a great job of making my mind up for me. Even if Siggy does well today, I have 6 mil banked so can afford Marney to Downing. That would leave me with eight good forward options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

Trying to decide who to replace Dzeko with. Anyone any thoughs on big Andy Carroll. 3 of his next 4 games at home, which will bring me to my January wildcard. Hes playing well, scored twice last week and in a team in good form. Small bit worried about rotation and injury but think he could be a good differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Transfers made as I can't be arsed going back and forth all week. Coupled with the fact I'll be too busy this week to spend much time at it:

Chadli -> Silva
    Chambers -> Chester

I want some City attacking coverage and Hull have a decent run coming up. I know Chester is on 4 yellows now but who isn't at this stage? :pac: Dawson has done his hamstring so Chester should be assured of his place during the Christmas period at least.

Next week will hopefully allow me to dump Cresswell, who so far has been a gamble that just hasn't paid off (though he was unlucky not to score yesterday) for City defensive coverage.

The only thing is, given my funds it would have to be Clichy. Now I notice he has played 90 minutes in the last 7 games. Has Kolorov been injured or does he have that spot nailed down now?

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Transfers made as I can't be arsed going back and forth all week. Coupled with the fact I'll be too busy this week to spend much time at it:

Chadli -> Silva
    Chambers -> Chester

I want some City attacking coverage and Hull have a decent run coming up. I know Chester is on 4 yellows now but who isn't at this stage? :pac: Dawson has done his hamstring so Chester should be assured of his place during the Christmas period at least.

Next week will hopefully allow me to dump Cresswell, who so far has been a gamble that just hasn't paid off (though he was unlucky not to score yesterday) for City defensive coverage.

The only thing is, given my funds it would have to be Clichy. Now I notice he has played 90 minutes in the last 7 games. Has Kolorov been injured or does he have that spot nailed down now?

Unfortunately for you, Kolarov was injured. I'd expect the left back spot to be rotated.

Advertisement