Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Who holds the real power in Kings Landing now with Tywin dead? I presume Cersei will have the most influence over Tommen but who will be hand of the king?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

shrewdness wrote: »
    Who holds the real power in Kings Landing now with Tywin dead? I presume Cersei will have the most influence over Tommen but who will be hand of the king?
    If anyone answers that they will be dealt with the ban-hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What in the absolute ****ing what?! WHAT?! What?!?!?! I am 10minutes in and I cannot stop laughing, FROM NOWHERE, Stannis gives 0 ****s. Oh my days. This is glorious, what a twist!!

I shall return in 50 or so mins with more whats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    If anyone answers that they will be dealt with the ban-hammer.

Obviously I'm not looking for the actual answer, I'm just interested in what NON-READERS think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Has anyone made a "HoThor" joke about Hodor with the hammer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Penn wrote: »
    Has anyone made a "HoThor" joke about Hodor with the hammer?

If your quick, you will be the one to start the trend on twitter:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

In the season preview it's clearly shown that a dragon passes over King's Landing.

Was this ever actually shown this season? Even in a dream or some such?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha i forgot Littlefinger said "some even die on their chamber pot".

All the previous finales have kind of been wrap ups and tie ups of loose ends. This one just blew every thing apart, meaning a 10 month wait is way too much.

Where did Stannis find a cavalry and how did he find his way north unbeknownest to the Boltons, did he buy out some northern houses with his Bravosi money?

He sailed up to the Wall. Way out of Roose's sight. Then probably walked along the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Reckon Bran is this old megawarg's replacement. Remember hearing about the
    children of the forest
    in the lore animations. The Starks follow the old gods that these guys also follow.

King's Landing looking somewhat in disarray, funny to think that if Daeny or Stannis wanted to make a move, now would be the best time but they've both averted their attention this season. Reckon Stannis might recruit the Wildling army in return for allowing them south of the wall.

Hound Brienne fight was brootul. Quite enjoyed it really even though I didn't want either to fall. F*cking hell Pod, do you ever not f*ck up?

Tyrion, good for you bro.

Jon's surely in line for Lord Commander at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

In the season preview it's clearly shown that a dragon passes over King's Landing.

Was this ever actually shown this season? Even in a dream or some such?

It was in Bran's vision when he touched the weirwood and saw where he had to go.

• Advertisement

I don't know why Arya and the hound weren't let into the Vale when the guards told her Lysa was dead

I wondered about this, too. I guess they didn't believe that she was really Lysa's niece after she burst out laughing. Still, you would have thought that they'd bring her to Littlefinger, just in case. I wouldn't imagine he'd be too pleased that they let her go, if he ever finds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

No Sign of Alliser Thorne at the funeral for the fallen Night's watch. Surely he didn't get an offscreen death after his blatant badassery in the previous ep?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

couldn't the black watch do with help defending the kingdoms from the white walkers, we'll let you in as long as you help defend the wall seems like the most obvious deal

and did I miss a episode where yerman actually got the money for his army?

Episode six.
    Timmyctc wrote: »
    No Sign of Alliser Thorne at the funeral for the fallen Night's watch. Surely he didn't get an offscreen death after his blatant badassery in the previous ep?

If he'd died, it would have shown you his body on the pyre (like you saw Pyp and Grenn). He'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

No real leader in Kings Landing now. Cersei is probably in charge and all weddings with the Tyrells are off (I assume from the conversation with Tywin). Cant imagine the grandmother being happy with that.
    couldn't the black watch do with help defending the kingdoms from the white walkers, we'll let you in as long as you help defend the wall seems like the most obvious deal

Stannis and Davos went to Bravos (probably spelt those wrong) and convinced the iron bank to give them money. No idea why or how they got north of the wall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

No real leader in Kings Landing now. Cersei is probably in charge and all weddings with the Tyrells are off (I assume from the conversation with Tywin). Cant imagine the grandmother being happy with that.

Stannis and Davos went to Bravos (probably spelt those wrong) and convinced the iron bank to give them money. No idea why or how they got north of the wall though.

If they get the daughter back from Dorne maybe they can keep things going in the Targarian way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Sorry if it's a silly question but I can't remember what the story is. Dany chains up two dragons, where's the third? Is it implied that the third dragon has gone rogue or what?

Yeah, they don't know exactly where he is, but there have been sightings. I think they're hoping he'll show up, but I think it's implied that he is probably going his own way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That was epic, the fight between Brienne and the Hound was the highlight.

I reckon Tyrion is heading in Daenerys' general direction, doesn't Varys have his 'little birdies' there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Yeah, they don't know exactly where he is, but there have been sightings. I think they're hoping he'll show up, but I think it's implied that he is probably going his own way

So what does she hope to achieve by chaining up the other two dragons,stopping them going their own way too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Not long left til it's aired on sky, who's gona update their Facebook status to " I'll miss Jon Snow :( " for the craic :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So what does she hope to achieve by chaining up the other two dragons,stopping them going their own way too?

They were becoming too dangerous to leave loose. Earlier in the series, we saw them barbequing a herd of goats and during the last episode we saw the poor guy holding his dead daughter in his arms, also a victim of the dragons.

Daenerys had no choice but to chain them up after that.

Well, presumably it's to stop them from killing people. Previously they had killed a civilian's livestock, and then in this episode we saw that they killed a man's child. She clearly can't control them at all times, especially as they get bigger and start to branch out. Jorah told her in a previous episode that dragons can never truly be tamed. The only way to ensure that they don't kill people is to chain them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Brendan Filone

tumblr_n78q2iKk6u1qfnxzjo4_500.gif
    tumblr_n78q2iKk6u1qfnxzjo3_500.gif
    tumblr_n78q2iKk6u1qfnxzjo2_500.gif
    tumblr_n78q2iKk6u1qfnxzjo6_r1_500.gif
    tumblr_n78q2iKk6u1qfnxzjo5_r1_500.gif

Littlefinger basically spoiled the finale :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I find it a bit of a pity that most of the characters that made the kings landing portion of the story have now left that location or been killed off in the show. Also Arya without the hound and Dany without Jorah- doesn't seem right.

Can't even imagine what Jorah is going to do or where he'll end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

That was soooo good. Was that the first time a main character duel ended with the morally good character (Brienne) won?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

WHAT. That was beyond epic. So much sh*t went down I don't even know where to begin!!!

MY DAYS. That was glorious television.

In short, f*ck Brienne, knew Shae was a b*tch, lol at Varys hopping on the boat with Tyrion, Jamie is a boss, poor ol Mance, omg, so much to take in I need to watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

fearrua wrote: »
    That was soooo good. Was that the first time a main character duel ended with the morally good character (Brienne) won?

There was NO good outcome to that fight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

road dog wrote: »
    One thing im scratching my head over is why did Stannis and his army land north of the wall.
    He must of known he would struggle to get past the wall not unless he is in cahoots with someone else
    Couldn't wrap my head around this at all. If Stannis can get thousands of horsemen around the wall, why can wildlings manage it whenever they feel like it?
    Why was he up there anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Littlefinger basically spoiled the finale :mad:
    I bet he's a book reader. :D

Advertisement