Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viber

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

All,
    The crash problem and the report email issues are known to us, and we're working hard these days in order to fix it. Version 2.2.2 has been released recently, and we recommend that you try it out, as it should help the problem (we would appreciate your feedback on this issue).

@busterm -
    That might have been a temporary problem with registering to our server. We apologize for any inconvenience that was caused.

@Italia -
    Even when Viber is shut down, it still remains available to receive calls and messages (because its whole purpose is stay available for free communication). About the battery drain: please make sure that Viber is the cause for the battery drain by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock ROM (custom ROMs may cause this problem).

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

You can find additional information on tests performed by Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at:
    http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn

@Fizzical -
    You can use the direct link in our official HelpDesk to download the .APK - http://bit.ly/rqbZEw

@NeitherJohn and puppetmaster -
    We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details of the problem to our Support Team who will look into it. Here's the direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Using viber 2.2.2 on galaxy s2 ics. Get the "unfortunately viber has stopped" message almost every time I unlock my screen. The annoying thing is my phone seems to freeze up for a minute before the message pops up or I force it to pop up by pressing the home key.
    Never had a problem before latest viber update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

using latest viber on the market. I had uninstalled for a few versions due to issues, but reinstalled now. observing a few issues:

1. when you hit viber to open it it sits loading for a while,
    2. if go to messages despite only installing and only one thread with two messages takes time to open
    3. the app still reports an unread message even though I have read... and replied to the message?

running on galaxy nexus jelly bean stock unrooted.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

is there a way to turn off vibration when i recieve a message on viber in silent mode?

@lintdrummer -
    Does the problem still persist?

@eoferrall -
    Thank you for the report of the problem.
    We kindly ask you to take a minute and give the details of the problem to our Support Team, using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0
    Thank you in advance, and we apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

@4real -
    Viber itself does not provide the option of turning off vibration - it utilizes your phone's general volume and vibration settings.
    In the future, we plan to add such personal configurations for Viber itself, inside its Settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just looking at the Windows Phone app. Its designed really nice and fits in with the style of the OS. Hope the android one gets redesigned. All the bubbly icons really look out of place

Just looking at the Windows Phone app. Its designed really nice and fits in with the style of the OS. Hope the android one gets redesigned. All the bubbly icons really look out of place

Thanks for the kind compliments!
    Redesigning the UI of Viber for Android is something we are considering in the future. Once we have news regarding this, we'll publish it officially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Viber wrote: »
    Thanks for the kind compliments!
    Redesigning the UI of Viber for Android is something we are considering in the future. Once we have news regarding this, we'll publish it officially.

Great to see a Viber Rep on boards, but having released Viber for Nokia Symbian Belle, will there be any upcoming announcement to include voice functionality in the next few months? :o

Great to see a Viber Rep on boards, but having released Viber for Nokia Symbian Belle, will there be any upcoming announcement to include voice functionality in the next few months? :o

We're happy to be here :)

Unfortunately we still don't have any concrete news or official announcements about voice for our Nokia version. It is something we're looking into these days, and if we have any news, we'll certainly let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,961 ✭✭✭opus

FYI the latest update from earlier today keeps the proximity sensor on all the time on the SG3 running Jelly Bean causing battery drain. You can just about see the little glow on the sensor when Viber is running.

I've uninstalled it for now & opened a ticket with support so hopefully gets fixed with the next update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Latest update seems to have fixed the "Viber has to close" popup for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

opus wrote: »
    FYI the latest update from earlier today keeps the proximity sensor on all the time on the SG3 running Jelly Bean causing battery drain. You can just about see the little glow on the sensor when Viber is running.

I've uninstalled it for now & opened a ticket with support so hopefully gets fixed with the next update.
    I noticed that on my One X too

I noticed that on my One X too

The Viber team have acknowledged it as an issue...
    Hi everyone,
    This is a member of the Viber R&D Team.

This is a known issue to us, that some users are experiencing after installing our latest update.
    We're working around the clock to find the source of the problem and resolve it. We will hopefully have a new update released soon that fixes this issue.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we recommend that yous stay tuned for news and updates.

Regards,
    the Viber Team.

The Viber team have acknowledged it as an issue...

Yep,
    Thank you for your report.

We are presently working to find the source of this issue, and we hope to upload a fixed version soon.

We apologize for any temporary inconvenience caused.

Yep,
    Thank you for your report.

We are presently working to find the source of this issue, and we hope to upload a fixed version soon.

We apologize for any temporary inconvenience caused.

Looks like it's fixed on the latest update, thanks!

Looks like it's fixed on the latest update, thanks!

Yep.
    Our pleasure, enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

In older versions of Viber, the screen turned on when a message arrived.
    For a while this stopped after an update Viber.
    After a recent update, the screen turns on again when a message arrives.

I can't be more specific about versions (as I don't pay much attention) but I'm still on ICS.

I'm just trying to figure out which is the normal behaviour for everyone?
    Has anyone else experienced the screen issue? It may just be because I'm on a custom rom but I'm curious either way.

Cossax wrote: »
    In older versions of Viber, the screen turned on when a message arrived.
    For a while this stopped after an update Viber.
    After a recent update, the screen turns on again when a message arrives.

I can't be more specific about versions (as I don't pay much attention) but I'm still on ICS.

I'm just trying to figure out which is the normal behaviour for everyone?
    Has anyone else experienced the screen issue? It may just be because I'm on a custom rom but I'm curious either way.

Generally, Viber should light up the screen upon a notification (just like receiving a normal SMS, to ensure that the user notices the incoming message).

Note that custom ROMs may affect some of Viber's features and cause slight unexpected behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

@lintdrummer -
    Does the problem still persist?

It persisted until 2 weeks ago when I uninstalled the app, my phone was becoming unusable. I'll try reinstalling in the near future if updates have been applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

any plans to be able to run viber using the same number on more than one device, for example say on a tablet and a phone at the same time, with the possiblity of messages sycning between both devices?

• Advertisement

Hi there,
    I apologize for my late response.

@puddles22 -

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously. When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
    In future versions we are planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hacker9116

i have an iphone 3gs with viber installed, when i try to ring someone i can hear them but they cant hear me? i was wondering if there anyway to fix this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Any chance of the likes of MightyText type syncing features in Viber so we can send messages from Pc or anywhere really and it syncs to the phone :)

@hacker9116 -

This problem could have many different reasons. Please specify:

1. Is your iPhone Jailbroken?
    2. Did you test Viber on many different WiFi networks? The problem is the same?
    3. Does the problem occur with all of your contacts?
    4. Please reboot your device and try again. Does the problem persist?

Thanks in advance for your information.

@thebman -
    Something like that is currently being cooked... but we still can't give any official announcements. Once we have concrete news, we'll fill you in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Any sign of integration with jelly beans message preview feature in the notification drawer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Will this work with 4.2?

Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - (Android only) Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - (Android only) Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - (Android only) Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - (Android only) Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

How do I turn this off? I already have an SMS client that I am happy with so I dont want notifications from Viber when I get a new SMS

neacy69 wrote: »
    How do I turn this off? I already have an SMS client that I am happy with so I dont want notifications from Viber when I get a new SMS

Hi,

You should go to the More tab-->Settings--> and then uncheck the option "Free reply with Viber"

This should disable this feature altogether :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Viber is brilliant use it everyday, I just have one question, will it ever support video calls?

Advertisement