Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Making friends in the city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Galway K9 wrote: »
    OK beers this friday at the infamous OConnells in Eyre Square...Whos in?:)

Friday 8th @ 8pm?

I'd probably be up for heading in for a pint or two, I usually go out on friday nights anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Anything with drink usually wins outright lol!! Would be up for Beers sometime too.

Bowling is fun i.m.o. if it's not an activity a person enjoys so be it, c'ést la vie, on we go! Can't do anymore than that unless anyone has any suggestions for other things to do. :) But some do actually enjoy it. :) Would love to do beers if anyone is going.

I live a fair distance from city myself, and know it's hassle for anything on in the city, but there's ways around that sometimes! Because of a couple of questionable troll-esque posts prancing about the place; - it's causing nothing but ~un-necessary~ negativity, :( is possibly off-putting for anyone that might like to get involved, and it's now also starting to cause annoyance.

I'd much rather try and get something happening, and if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, and I'd most likely try for it again another time too! :) But would much prefer to be contributing and participating rather than messing about at the following carry-on; -

***I'm making an effort to try organize something and have to put up with this crap!***

I don't even want to go bowling now, the good has gone out of it lol.
    :(:(

just relax, this is the internet. don't go getting mad at a pc monitor (or laptop if thats how you choose to live your life)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Spadina wrote: »
    But....it wasn't you that started this thread, why do you say you're making the effort to organise it like they're derailing your thread?? :confused: And that penguin isn't trolling or "crap", it's quite an accurate representation of what goes on in these threads!

Accurate is mentionned here, yet this post itself doesn’t seem too accurate. Those penguins ducks need to be lined up in the one row there to start with! (Like what I did with that?!) :D I put about organizing bowling this week in here as it’s a current related one. I never said/implied I started this Thread at all, or likened it as mine. :( Would have been nice to know what exactly that post was about, it's questionable that it's un-fairly written, but life isn't fair according to William Goldman! This slant of the discussion is about Nights so far and the collection of similar Threads in general, it’s not about 1 Thread. Never said anything about the penguin at all either by the way. Everyone posts as they wish, like they are entitled to do so, in fact I like the penguin. :)

All I’m pointing out lol, is just that in my view the constant consistent continuous going on about stuff being cancelled is off-putting, dis-heartening, draining, etc. It definitely doesn’t sound good for any new Boardsies coming along that might potentially want to get involved and participate. Surely these aspects are plain/clear to be see? :confused: It’s purely negative, and of no benefit to anything, that’s why I’m concluding, that with no purpose, - simply being nothing more than needless and un-nececessary – it is a waste / crap! Isn’t it supposed to be onwards and upwards lol, not a downward spiral ...... :confused:

But I've learned that there's no point trying to make a point sometimes!

DRakE wrote: »
    just relax, this is the internet. don't go getting mad at a pc monitor (or laptop if thats how you choose to live your life)

Appreciate your concern for my welfare but would appreciate more not being told what to do or not to do when replies are supposed to be based on posts not posters! ;)

Not mad at all, it's not something to get mad about, as it's highly likely and possible it'll be brought up again and again and maybe even again!! :D So why waste energy getting mad about it! I'm just concerned that the continuity aspect of repetitive-ness is influencing and is likely to be viewed un-favourably. This is the public domain with everyday use, I'm of the opinion it mightn't be the place for constant consistent one-sided purely dis-couraging ways, it's not going to stop further posts, just my opinion.

I think this discussion has ran its' course anyway, possibly may even be locked soon, but if it's felt it's needed to be batted about more, continue on and on and on and Ariston!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Crap that it didn't work out. We'll try a Beers in a while and see how that works out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I can't go to Beers this week as I'm off on holiday Friday night/Saturday morning but would love to make it to any other ones organised...I'd love to organise lunch/casual dinner sometime but I tried that before and it turned into a night out getting smashed within a couple of pages!

We did a girls night of tapas and drinks before that went really well, about 15 girls showed up, and we did lunch in the G another time, movie & food too, I'd definitely be up for something like this again if anyone is interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

id be totally up for a beers whenever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fepradella

I'm new in Galway and I'm up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Thats 4+ already for beers tomorrow:)....Any more guys?

Should we start a new thread for it? Just to make it more visible to people who don't check this thread.

A friend of mine who's new to boards said she might tag along

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

I should make it along too. Not a huge poster here in galway city (or actually anywhere else) but it would be great to meet new people :)

So are people heading to O'Connells tonight then?

Edit: Since it's 10 to 8 now, I'm going to assume that's a no. I'm meeting a friend in O'Connells for pints around 9/half 9, so if anyone ends up going come say hello. I have purple hair so I should be easy to find :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭christinab89

hey guys,
    i was home in dublin this weekend and i wasn't at my computer unfortually to let you all know... beers on friday night would of been great craic i think... we have arrange a date and STICK to it... once we all go out we will have a ball... i know its off putting now since we arranged bowling and noone turned up and then drinks was arranged and noone turned up =( unfortually i have to head home this weekend also as i have a family member who is sick... but if we arrange something for durning this week then i am totally there... bowling, cinema, lunch, drinks... anything really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I would , all up for meeting new peeps as i just moved here too

im 21 though so may be a bit young!

no your not too young lol... im 21 too! ^_^

Starting up a bowling for this Tuesday....Let me know who's interested in the thread.

hey... im only able to get onto boards now... unfortually i didn't see the post about bowling >.< im guessing it didn't go ahead...? iv arranged to head to the cineam with another boardie tomorrow night if anyone is intrested... not sure yet what were going to see... but ill be sure to let everyone know..hopefully this time more people can come....

ok guys... tomorrow night cinema in oranmore omniplex... going to see limitless at 9.20pm.... hope some people turn up.. pm me if your intrested :)))

ok guys... tomorrow night cinema in oranmore omniplex... going to see limitless at 9.20pm.... hope some people turn up.. pm me if your intrested :)))

I would only cant talk in cinema so waste of time if your tryign to socialize :(

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

is cinema still goin ahead???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Have seen this one already.Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

anyone near caltra/mountbellew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 x0l0x

Hello everyone ....

Is there anyone that is feeling alone in Galway and need a friend ? :) as I am totally alone in this city and I would like to have new friends.

What part of Galway are you in x0l0x? Are you m or f?

What part of Galway are you in x0l0x? Are you m or f?

I am in Galway city ... near the center. I am 26 years old mail. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Arent we all lonely.:p

Karona wrote: »
    Arent we all lonely.:p

:) mmm ... is this ok to be lonely ? .... I can not find anything to do in the weekend and this is killing me ..... I need to find an activity or to make some friends, but I don't know from where to start ... :(

x0l0x wrote: »
    :) mmm ... is this ok to be lonely ? .... I can not find anything to do in the weekend and this is killing me ..... I need to find an activity or to make some friends, but I don't know from where to start ... :(

i hear ya. ive been living here for 3 years and have zero friends, lol. i think i forgot how to make them or something

i hear ya. ive been living here for 3 years and have zero friends, lol. i think i forgot how to make them or something[/QUOTE

im also unemployed and rarely drink, so that limits my chances greatly, HAHA

• Advertisement

why didnt any of ye go to the beers night?:)

Advertisement