Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco TV €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

damm, all gone in navan, drohwda and ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Sold out in all Limerick stores :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

None in Mullingar! Anyone know about Athlone / Kinnegad?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

All sold out in Cork area - was speaking to the manager in Douglas and he said they only ever got 2 to sell :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Just in Tesco Maynooth, spoke to one of the staff who let it slip that he doesnt thing they ever made it to the shelves.. they got 16 in.

Not a particularly fair outcome.

Was down there early the day after Stephens day when they opened and never saw them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

As usual tesco staff seem to have been biggest beneficiaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

None in Dundalk last night.
    Only TVs they had was the sony 32" for 349 and some of those Cello's and the Technik with built in DVD...no real bargain prices on any of those either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    I assume they are if you buy the mount!

Any left around kerry or west limerick?

None in Killarney, Haven't checked Abbeyfeale or Tralee though...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Ricky91t wrote: »
    None in Killarney, Haven't checked Abbeyfeale or Tralee though...

Just got one in Killarney,had 3 left,at far end with other televisions,not with sale items.

Thorntons chocolates opposite them for 5 euro also good value if you have to explain why another telly is needed...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Spoke to Clarehall, all out as well. Apparently one woman had 3 in her trolley stephens day
    He reckons they wont be getting them in again either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

None in Dodsboro, Lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Just got one in Killarney,had 3 left,at far end with other televisions,not with sale items.

Thorntons chocolates opposite them for 5 euro also good value if you have to explain why another telly is needed...

Thanks

Really?! I looked where the other TVs were... How many tescos are in Killarney? :pac:

Must of missed them.

Thanks

I can see half of Boards in Killarney later fighting for those 3 remaining:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Got last one in Ballinasloe this morning, Using it for a pc screen but tested the MPEG4 there and all working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

none in galway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

Deerpark Killarney straight through entrance, bottom shelf underneath large screens

No fanfare just yellow ticket.had my eye on this earlier in year when at 179 for screen and Killarney seemed to have plenty at time.

Even checkout girl seemed suprised

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

zekiel wrote: »
    Just in Tesco Maynooth, spoke to one of the staff who let it slip that he doesnt thing they ever made it to the shelves.. they got 16 in.

Not a particularly fair outcome.

Was down there early the day after Stephens day when they opened and never saw them.

Hi Zekiel. The thing about Tesco is - even if you ask the staff you have to look yourself. The last time I bought a TV up there for my mother the guy in charge of TVs, who I had asked to speak to,told me there were none of the model she wanted. About 10m away I then found a pallet load.

Back to this thread though.

There were none of the Samsungs in Lucan so myself and friend dropped up to Tesco Maynooth at 17:30 today. We found 3 on a shelf. We got one each and there was another guy looking at them. When we took 2, he grabbed the third one. This was in an aisle about half way up on the right as you walk in. Not near the Tv section. Maybe they are rationing what they are putting on the shelves but they were definitely there today

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Just got back from Tesco Maynooth. (after reading your post)

today at 2:30 there was definitely none in stock (searched the area where you got them), I was told they definitely were not getting them back in any time soon.

so 3:00 lodged a complaint with the head office after what the staff member told me about staff purchasing them.

Low and behold 5:30 you head in and find 3 on the shelf.

Needless to say I lost it a little with the manager for been given the run around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Tesco Maynooth definetly had 3 in stock around 5PM. I nearly grabbed 2 myself - I resisted! (tbh, there wasnt any more room on the shelf for any more, so It wouldnt suprise me if they only keep a few on display and have a cage load in the stockroom ).

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Hi Zekiel
    I'm wondering did we benefit from you complaining to head office. Maybe they were told to put some out? Would it be worth your while heading over to the Celbridge one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

got 1 from Athlone (My sister works there)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

There are reports that the MHEG5 digital interactive menu/text is now functioning with this TV model, can anybody else confirm this ? I think you will have to set the TV region to UK to enable it, the menu should look something like what is pictured here

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

got 1 from Athlone (My sister works there)

:D

I swear all the specials must go to the staff. None in the two tesco's in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    There are reports that the MHEG5 digital interactive menu/text is now functioning with this TV model, can anybody else confirm this ? I think you will have to set the TV region to UK to enable it, the menu should look something like what is pictured here

Yes I can confirm that text pages are displayed as you indicate (ie MHEG5), however as far as I can see TV guide only provides Now/Next which is Samsung software driven; I cannot seem to get full MHEG5 functionality i.e. detailed EPG...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭pdw

None left in naas told they only got 2 in. But they come in regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

None in Castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭westskipper

skelliser wrote: »
    none in galway :(
    I got one in Tesco Oranmore on the 24th. They had several of them at that time. Excellent for Xbox gaming etc, havent tried saorview on it yet, dont have a suitable aerial, but for 99 euro you cannot argue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

None in Nutgrove, had a good look around. I asked one of the staff members who said they never got them in.

pdw wrote: »
    None left in naas told they only got 2 in. But they come in regularly.

They will hardly come in at €99 again. What’s is the normal price of these televisions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

Tesco staff got the only 5 :mad: And are holding back more different Tvs for themselves in store till prices go down.I see this all the time in my store anytime there are dicounts:mad:

Advertisement