Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

get-it-fixed.ie Harold's Cross

• 13-01-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I got a flyer on my windscreen for a crowd that call themselves get-it-fixed.ie (though the URL seems to be dead). 19-20 Greenmount Ind. Est.

They have some pretty cheap offers, and I want to get a few bits done, and my car's probably not worth spending hundreds on.

Anyone had any dealings with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd be on to the litter warden. Placing flyers on windscreens is in contravention of the waste management act and the protection of the environment act.

They seem to have a profile on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'd be on to the litter warden. Placing flyers on windscreens is in contravention of the waste management act and the protection of the environment act.

They seem to have a profile on adverts.ie

What? I think he was asking if anybody had used them before, not if he should call the litter warden over their flyers..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They are a bodyshop, a trade which has very tight regulations over pollution, and if they can't even comply with something as basic as not littering, I wouldn't have much faith in them to fix my car.
    May seem off topic to you, but a professional bodyshop with proper equipment is all I'd use. I've had friends who've used cheapo bodyshops who don't even have an oven before, as a minimum I'd expect the garage to be approved by insurance companies.

http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/professional-painting-denting/1880330

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Thanks guys, I'm ok for bodywork actually, Croftons is around the corner (literally) from me, I'd go there for that sort of work, assuming I could afford it.
    They're mostly bodywork and window tinting, but flyer, which on principle I normally ignore, lists timing belt services, welding, etc which make it sound like they know their way around under the bonnet too.
    I've done most of the bits I can myself, but I have a few sticky bits I don't fancy:

Change Fuel filter; did the rest of the service myself, I looked up how-to on my Ford workshop CD and I don't fancy it.
    Correct a rattle I don't like the sound of but can't locate.
    change rocker gasket cover; got the rubber, but lost my nerve after seeing what has to come off to get it in.
    Reconnect Air conditioning pipework (and recharge it if I can spring for it).

Lots of bits, all labour, so assuming they're not numpties, it should be handy enough, though it could cost me a few quid.

Well, I'll know soon enough, I took the plunge yesterday.

For anyone else looking to FIND the place, ignore the map on the flyer, and your GPS; it's a cluster of industrial units down a series of lanes called Greenmount Industrial Estate, I eventually found it by 'walking' the streets with google street map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Well, I'll know soon enough, I took the plunge yesterday.

For anyone else looking to FIND the place, ignore the map on the flyer, and your GPS; it's a cluster of industrial units down a series of lanes called Greenmount Industrial Estate, I eventually found it by 'walking' the streets with google street map.
    That's not a good start. I hope it all works out ok for you, but I have to say I'm with colm on this one.

Well, first impressions are good; no real way to tell if he replaced the rocker gasket cover, only the next change of plugs could confirm he *didn't*. Fuel filter changed, rattle diagnosed and diminished, in less than 24 hours for €60.

Only one of the guys down there really speaks english though, other fella answers the phone, but doesn't speak 'car' so its kind of chinese whispers a bit!

I'll bring him the car for a few other bits next week; he's close, he's quick and he's cheap, which is what I was after, might not suit everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Djamal_521

I was recommended them by few mates of mine, replace my timing chain kit for just €250 plus he changed oil with it for free.

Yeah, my recommendation is pretty whole-hearted, I've had 3 different cars in there, and all the work has been completed quickly and inexpensively. Biggest job was all the bushes in my front suspension replaced; €180 labour, I brought the parts. They nearly always throw in a car wash with the job too!
    Marius's English is better than I gave him credit for too, that, or it got better.

I got a fair bit of work done with Fahad and Mario, they were reasonable and pretty skilled. Looks like they're out of business though as of this morning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

I got a fair bit of work done with Fahad and Mario, they were reasonable and pretty skilled. Looks like they're out of business though as of this morning though.

Are you sure they haven't just moved location?

Their company status is "normal" on cro.ie, but this doesn't necessarily mean they are in fact still trading.

Are you sure they haven't just moved location?

Their company status is "normal" on cro.ie, but this doesn't necessarily mean they are in fact still trading.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to be, I called Fahad's mobile and he said that he's not running the garage anymore, but that there is someone on the same site operating a garage. He didn't offer a recommendation of them, so I went to a big franchise place for my urgent repair.

Advertisement