Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stretch Marks

• 25-11-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

In the last few weeks I've started to develop stretch marks on my inner upper arm area.

Does the Bio Oil advertised on tv work as well as it's portrayed? Also is there a way to prevent them while continuing to progress with my lifts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Americans will tell you retin a is the only that works as it works deep into the skin where as bio oil is only on the surface and is bull****. Retin a is prescription only.

The Americans also a Derma roller. Drink lots of water. But you will keep getting stretch marks as long as you work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    In the last few weeks I've started to develop stretch marks on my inner upper arm area.

Does the Bio Oil advertised on tv work as well as it's portrayed? Also is there a way to prevent them while continuing to progress with my lifts?

Bio Oil will hydrate the skin and over time improve the appearance if the marks are not severe, but no it won't get rid of them.

You may or may not be able to prevent them, it could be hormonal ?

What you can do is to make sure you keep your body hydrated, lots of water, eat a diet high in vitamin c, zinc & protein.All are necessary for cell regeneration & maintaining collagen fibers.

Dry skin is more prone to stretch marks because collagen & elastin fiber require moisture to stay strong, so lots of stretch mark creams are just good moisturisers. Try massaging the marks with some shea butter, Almond oil, or vitamin E oil. Keep them moisturised daily!

Some people have had great result with derma rollers (as stated above) and laser treatments, but what works wonders for some might not work for you.
    Remember the damage is done in the dermis so keep this in mind when looking at treatments.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Stretch marks are more like reward marks, they display hard work and dedication, wear them with pride and learn to love them :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

598580_493878010644982_993772841_n.jpg

Advertisement