Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Twist?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

kamobe, same as me i seen it the day it was released i only went to see because something else was booked out. It blew my mind away i was told it was a comedy so wasnt expecting much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The one near the end of Empire Strikes Back
    Have you been living under a rock for the past 20 years to even bother reading this you muppet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Haven't seen it yet but Angelheart with Mickey Rourke is supposed to have a savage twist at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the usual suspects and have to say arlington road as thought he would save the FBI building not blow it up. The realisation hit when the FBI guy goes the only not authorised to be here is you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

Man, I love this thread. Memento has to win cause it throws you around the place with twist after twist through the whole movie, excellent. Of course the Usual suspects coz I didn't even know who Kevin Spacey was when I first watched it and I thought he might actually be a cripple, thats down to great acting though. And the Arlington Road twist was just magic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Arlington Road was particularly clever in the way it tied up all loose ends with the media coverage at the end. Faraday had a motive, and witnesses who heard him say that they were going to pay.... very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by darthmise
    Haven't seen it yet but Angelheart with Mickey Rourke is supposed to have a savage twist at the end.

forgot about that and by golly it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Exorcist
    When Linda twists her neck

Beetlejuice
    When he twists his neck around the staircase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I'd like to nominate Clue (1985), for its very end scene wtih Tim Curry. Oh ya.

everyone killed someone except the butler who turned out to be an undercover FBI agent. It actually got very complimacated towards the end wit lots of twists.

Ahh good old rte showing the classics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Nine Queens was interesting in that you knew that there was a twist but you're still kept guessing right to the end.

Although I saw through The Others quite quickly a lot of people I know were surprised by the outcome.

The Vanishing (1988) has an extremely chilling ending which I won't mention anything about. I know everyone reads the spoilers anyway!

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Y Tu Mama Tambien

My Jaw was left hanging for a good twenty minutes by the end of that film!

Spolier: GO WATCH THE FILM.

Im surprised that nobodys mentioned Fight Club.
    Finding out that
    Brad Pitts character and Edward Nortons character are the same person.
    I never saw that comning.

{Draco: Added spoiler tags}

ya they did and its a classic but use spolier tags you little **** so you don't ruin it for anyone yet to see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

In no particular order.

Traffic.
    Dr Strangelove.
    The Graduate.
    Swimming with Sharks.
    The Usual Suspects (of course).
    The Player.

Snatch ... well constructed film
    Blair witch project... the ending was tert and well done.
    Pulp fiction ... had a decent twist in the middle.... zed's layer of fun and such.

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Jacobs ladder
    hes allready dead
    Seven
    the very end
    transformers
    optimus prime aint dead

;)

dont ask me how i let the twist in seven out.... !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Gideon
    I'd like to nominate Clue (1985), for its very end scene wtih Tim Curry. Oh ya.

They made three endings - whichever one you got to see depended on when you went to see it. Or that was the idea. They're all on the video.

heh heh thats mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

the usual suspects definitely has the best ending

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Lads, don't put the spoiler tags in tbh. Luckily enough I've seen all the movies that people have put spoilers in for, but some people who haven't mightn't be able to resist the temptation to highlight. Anyone who's seen the movies will know what you mean by 'the twist', so there's no point in even typing out what the twist is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

vanilla sky was great. All over the place! mad i tell you. it would take too long to even say the spoiler. apparently the mexican version was pretty bad but for once hollywood seemed to get it right!?! despite tommy boy (who i ain't too fond of) that film rocked

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Minority Report
    Why he was murdering someone he [/B]

I figered out Minority Report in the first 5 - 10mins :(

theres about as much twists as eastenders or somethink like it

still a good film

I figered out Minority Report in the first 5 - 10mins
    theres about as much twists as eastenders or somethink like it
    still a good film

Well arent we a smarty pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Davian Ashy Muck
    Im surprised that nobodys mentioned Fight Club.
    Finding out that
    Brad Pitts character and Edward Nortons character are the same person.
    I never saw that comning.

{Draco: Added spoiler tags}
    the film being compared to jekyl and hyde in every review that i read/watched kind of ruined the twist for me :(
    still one of my favourite films ever anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/me goes along with the crowd..

Usual Suspects

Traffic is great.

Fight Club

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Originally posted by Samba
    Y Tu Mama Tambien

My Jaw was left hanging for a good twenty minutes by the end of that film!

Spolier: GO WATCH THE FILM.

There's a twist?? Or were you just not paying attention when she was at the doctor's?

From Dusk Till Dawn has a great twist. It seems like a hostage/getaway film until they come across a bar full of vampires. Fu*king brillant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 awweb

Yeh definately MOMENTO .. all the zigging and zagging .. ahh dizzy

Vanilla Sky has a nice twist too .. but as previously posted its gotta be the Usual Suspects out there in front ..

Advertisement