Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini €79 with Carphonewarehouse

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Does any one know if this is in Store as well or just online

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Can this be upgrades to v4.3+

That's the deciding factor for me too. GSM arena says it's upgradable to 4.4.2. Does anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

vienne86 wrote: »
    On bill pay you get 3 free unlocks???? I'm on bill pay, and I never knew that!

Its dependent on how much you have spent with them,see here for terms.
    Also applies to PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its dependent on how much you have spent with them,see here for terms.
    Also applies to PAYG
    Tks for that. It is not an issue for me at the moment, but could be useful. I'm on a SIM only contract but I bought my phone from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

gone back up to €99.99??
    went into store today to buy but they were not reduced to 79.99, came back home to order on line and take my chances with delivery but they are gone up again
    ... any other good phone buys out there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

duffmagic wrote: »
    That's the deciding factor for me too. GSM arena says it's upgradable to 4.4.2. Does anyone know for sure?

It will depend on VF and Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It says now on the website:

Pre-Christmas Delivery is no longer guaranteed.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Can this handset be unlocked by those phone shops does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Received mine yesterday, brought it into a Phone repair shop and got it unlocked within half an hour for €30, it's wrapped and under the tree for my mother!

Aquos76 wrote: »

Yes, no problem to them at all. They said it's easier to do when their brand new phones. I went into one next door to a Meteor mobile store and Meteor staff were sending people in to them to get new phones unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Aquos76 wrote: »
    People on ebay do it for about €12 and send the code in about 20 minutes. Have used them to unlock many samsung phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Received mine yesterday, brought it into a Phone repair shop and got it unlocked within half an hour for €30, it's wrapped and under the tree for my mother!

30 seems steep even for a b&m store

beauf wrote: »
    30 seems steep even for a b&m store

Steep maybe, but I was in and out within 35 minutes, so I was glad to pay it and get out of that shopping centre madness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

vienne86 wrote:
    On bill pay you get 3 free unlocks???? I'm on bill pay, and I never knew that!

I'm on pre pay and I get three free unlocks. I think if you spend over a certain amount per year you are eligible.

I know O2 UK unlock a phone for 15£

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

NATLOR wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that price? best i can find is around €18

I have used the following a few times and always do it for about €10.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/completecommssolutions

You need to send them an offer though as they list Samsung Europe codes for about £9.99 but with a 'Make Offer' option.

I see the S3 Mini is now back at €99 but I'd say during the sales they will reduce it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

The phone is again on offer now for €79.99 locked to vodafone.

Samsung S3 Mini

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Zardoz

mac.in wrote: »

Samsung S3 Mini

Typical,I bought one last week for my mum and the price drops the following week .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Can someone with pay as you go on vodafone unlock this phone ? Want to use on different network and only person in house on vodafone is pay as you go for years or is it only bill pay get free unlocks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

deisediva wrote: »
    Can someone with pay as you go on vodafone unlock this phone ? Want to use on different network and only person in house on vodafone is pay as you go for years or is it only bill pay get free unlocks ?

Pay as you go customers can unlock the phone provided one has spent (top-up) at least €120 in the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Is this in shop as well or online only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Great phone, bought one for the young fella, he's only 4, the mini is a great job for him

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Great phone, bought one for the young fella, he's only 4, the mini is a great job for him

what phone did your young fella have before the mini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

what phone did your young fella have before the mini?

VJ2852.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Samsung S3 Mini

I like the Samsung's as i've the Galaxy ace as 1st phone, it's ok:)

Just noticed is this one better? /vodafone-smart-4-turbo- pay-as-you-go-black, as one christmas i got my mum & brother the Vodafone Smart Mini one year here on BA with the €20 off new phones.

Although, it would depend on how much you spend on the unlock, as it was only a couple of euro for the VS Mini above.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

I'm looking for a cheap phone just to stream showbox to the tv and xbox. Can anyone here who has bought one let me know if it would work for that? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Samsung S3 Mini

Good phone, brilliant price. I bought one a couple of years ago and when I lost it, went straight out and bougt another. Love it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭jessie_pinkman

I don't need mobile just an android device, would it be much cheaper to get an android device without phone capabilities or is there little difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I don't need mobile just an android device, would it be much cheaper to get an android device without phone capabilities or is there little difference?

Yea, plenty of Android tablets available, that will do what you want.

Advertisement