Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

UdzSV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

kleenex.jpg

allison_brie.gif

Just because ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Alison Brie is filthy..

.. I luvs her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

nbc always cancels its best shows 30 rock and soon to be this i just hope another network picks it up

30 Rock is one of the few NBC comedies I never liked.

I really hope someone else picks up Community - it could do so much better somewhere like FX. That being said, they should be graduating this year so not sure where it could go, but they could end up like Pierce and stay at Greendale for years and years :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

phasers wrote: »
    UdzSV.gif

Just when I thought I couldn't love her any more .....

Also, GIllian Jacobs chewing paper:D

Things are looking up for season 4!
    Malcolm McDowell
    is poised to make history, or at least teach it.

The Franklin & Bash actor has booked a guest-starring role on NBC's cult favorite Community, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

The actor, whose numerous TV credits include gigs on Entourage, Heroes and CSI: Miami, will check in to Greendale and play a history professor on the upcoming fourth season of the Sony Pictures Television comedy. He's poised to appear in two episodes as Professor Cornwallis.
    McDowell
    joins Little Britain's Matt Lucas as having booked multiple-episode gigs on the series, which returns in its new 8:30 p.m. Friday time slot starting Oct. 19.

I think that's a brilliant casting. I'm also intrigued to know who Matt Lucas is playing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Things are looking up for season 4!

I think that's a brilliant casting. I'm also intrigued to know who Matt Lucas is playing now.

For some reason I think he will be working at the sandwich shop or some outside of the class environment activity.

I really don't have high hopes for this upcoming season :(

526193_271313449643964_768296202_n.jpg
    TeeBusters.com

Available from mid-day for 48 hours at Teebusters.

With postage, it works out at €10.49 delivered.

• Advertisement

I really don't have high hopes for this upcoming season :(

I am trying to stay optimistic about it but have been watching the season 3 episodes with commentary and Dan Harmon mentioned things to try for season 4 and the new show runners probably won't :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Some details on Matt Lucas's role have come out.
    TVLine has learned exclusively that Lucas’ character, Toby, is
    a fanboy whom Abed meets at an Inspector Spacetime convention. Now here’s the part that’s going to really rankle Abed’s current BFF and soul mate: Abed and Toby will quickly discover that not only are they kindred spirits, but they’ve “met” before online.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Did anyone else buy a Troy and Abed t-shirt?
    I did but never got an acknowledgment e-mail and its still 'processing' and was just wondering if it was the same for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Ahh I'm so annoyed I missed that tshirt!! >.<

I just want a Troy and Abed in the Morning mug - but shipping is insane to Ireland :(

I got a t-shirt on Redbubble before - pretty good prices.

Spent the past week feeling a little down so decided to rewatch Community from the start. Just finished up season 3 and it remains my favorite comedy on atm and one of the all time greats. The final episode of season 3 is just wonderful piece of TV and I'm not afraid to say that it makes me cry. Really hope that we do get 6 seasons and a movie as there is nothing else on that comes close to matching Community in terms of sheer absurdity and brilliance. You can take you 2 and a Half Men and you Big Bang Theory and on no day will they every come close to matching the brilliance of Community.

Agree with everything you said Darko..

.. but Community always seemed a labour of love for Dan Harmon, and that's what unfortunate.

Who knows what'll happen in Season 4 but I'm fairly sure it's gonna lose a certain shine in the writing, but here's hoping I'm wrong.

Basq wrote: »
    Agree with everything you said Darko..

.. but Community always seemed a labour of love for Dan Harmon, and that's what unfortunate.

Who knows what'll happen in Season 4 but I'm fairly sure it's gonna lose a certain shine in the writing, but here's hoping I'm wrong.

I agree that his departure was unfortuante but I still am looking forward to season 4. It may not be the Community that I know and love but if it manages to capture half of the sheer brilliance and insanity of the first 3 seasons I'll be content. Bar It's Always Sunny and Modern Family there's nothing that comes close to matching Community in terms of sheer comedic value.

My big hope is for season 4 is more professor Duncan and Chang. I know that a lot of people don't like Duncan but he was the highlight of many an episode.

I don't think we'll get the six seasons and a movie but at this point the back 9 for season 4 would be great if given soon enough to plan.

I agree with darko, there is something very special about Community that the other comedies just don't have. If constantly baffles me why it doesn't get more viewers - is it a just a case of people having never seen it?

It's hard to tell how the next season will go. I follow Community on Facebook and recently they've been putting up various shots from the filming and it does seem like some of it is being left alone - definitely the Dean's crossdressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

alroley wrote: »
    I agree with darko, there is something very special about Community that the other comedies just don't have. If constantly baffles me why it doesn't get more viewers - is it a just a case of people having never seen it?
    1) Most people are stupid and/or unfocussed, so they won't pick up on anything subtle.
    2) Some more people, while intelligent and focussed, aren't interested in being challenged by all media, and often choose to watch television that entertains on a simple basis.
    3) A lot of the humour is (although not to the same extent as Arrested Development) self-referential, and (as in the case of Arrested Development) it's very difficult to pick up new viewers when you're a few seasons in, because so many references will be lost - it effectively demands that one puts in the effort to catch up from the beginning.

Other than those reasons, I guess you can just chalk it up to bad taste :P

To be fair to the show, I watched the first few episodes and it didn't grab me at all.

I only went back and watched it towards the end of the first season after hearing great reports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Basq wrote: »
    To be fair to the show, I watched the first few episodes and it didn't grab me at all.

I only went back and watched it towards the end of the first season after hearing great reports here.

Yeah, the beginning was a bit ropey. I decided to give it two episodes, and I would have given up if not for the Spanish rap, right at the end! So that got me to episode 3, and from there I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I first heard of the show with 3e advertising it, and the first ever episode I watched was the Halloween episode with Abed as Batman - from then I was hooked!

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    I first heard of the show with 3e advertising it, and the first ever episode I watched was the Halloween episode with Abed as Batman - from then I was hooked!

Is it on 3e?

Is it on 3e?
    They showed about 4 episodes of season 1. They showed it out of order and at completely random times, then pulled it from the schedule.

They showed about 4 episodes of season 1. They showed it out of order and at completely random times, then pulled it from the schedule.

Oh, that's weird about showing it out of order and at random times - how on earth did they expect it to succeed if they did that? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Oh, that's weird about showing it out of order and at random times - how on earth did they expect it to succeed if they did that? :rolleyes:

Youve never watched irish television before have you?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Youve never watched irish television before have you?

Lots of things are advertised well and shown at the same time each week :p

(But yeah, I usually don't wait for things to be on TV here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

In a recent interview with Harmon, he revealed that the Matt Lucas role was a story he wanted to get to but never did, and that he had Richard Ayoade in mind for the part. Now i want to see that instead!

Hopefully some other unused Harmon ideas will make it to season 4.

Advertisement