Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irelands Rappers? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

geeky wrote: »
    Jesus.

I remember a strange pair I actually interviewed back around 2004. One was a junkie and rapped, the other fellah was from Oxford and did a mean beatbox. They had one song that was just brilliant, "towering inferno", about life in the flats. Wonder what became of them. I hope that's not him. :(

Think he used to perform as the Man and Machine? Was taking photos for a project around temple bar around 2004 and have an idea that's what he was calling himself then. He seems to have cleaned up recently which is good, there's a newer video here (would be better without the other fella in it but hey): http://youtu.be/0sarMri-CqI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

cringeworthy ****e is on again , another reason for people outside Dublin to dislike us! we're not all like these tossers I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Oh Lordy Lordy Lordy... Shockin stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

"the irish can't rap?"
    i choose to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

cringeworthy ****e is on again , another reason for people outside Dublin to dislike us! we're not all like these tossers I swear!

If someone dislikes another person simply because they're from Dublin, those people are fcukwits. Simple.

To say that no Irish people can rap is a bit silly. It's like saying 50 years ago that we can't play football.

If you enjoy something that much, then it's only a matter of time (in some cases) before you get very, very good at it.

As I said, best of luck to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

True. Most of you are a very special kind of tosser, each one unique...like snow flakes, or Garth Brooks albums. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Whyner wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the program the other night, really entertaining. Yeah I did find some of it funny as it's my first experience of Irish rap but after a while I thought they were deadly, doing what they want, with passion and determination..
    ....regardless of their obvious lack of talent, wit or self awareness.

When the 'rap battle' ended with a sheep shagging slur versus a 'yore Ma' jibe, I laughed my ass off at the dim, juvenile, braggadocio of it all.
    Most of the rap (when it could be understood) sounded like a whiney call to the Joe Duffy show delivered in rhyming couplets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Seachmall wrote: »
    I'm assuming that's "MissElayneous", skip to 1:30 to bypass the banter with funny accents.

Funny this yoke was on about tolerance, respect etc. of other races, religions, creeds in the show and was in the papers last week for violent disorder during the queen's visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

True. Most of you are a very special kind of tosser, each one unique...like snow flakes, or Garth Brooks albums. :D

ABD strikes, small towns small minds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ebixa82 wrote: »
    Funny this yoke was on about tolerance, respect etc. of other races, religions, creeds in the show and was in the papers last week for violent disorder during the queen's visit.
    She was asked to rap about Finglas... It's clear that she spent a lot of time writing and learning that rap, it wasn't off the cuff and it had nothing to do with Finglas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WallysWorld

smash wrote: »
    She was asked to rap about Finglas... It's clear that she spent a lot of time writing and learning that rap, it wasn't off the cuff and it had nothing to do with Finglas!

Still though, gave us the best moment of the show. The look on that oul ones face as Missy there was rappin is priceless. Behold:

Vjbq0.gif

edit: Out of interest why is that gif not showing on the page? I used tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I was unaware of this acapella rap battle scene, so had a look around Youtube...

Has anyone seen/heard Soul Khan? Wow! The guy is a legend. He just destroys everyone.

(He not Irish tho :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

On BBC3.

Scobes and Scangers giving it loads!!! So fcuking funny

"Hungrier than Bobby Sands..." lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Oh Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

its all about the realism lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

efb wrote: »
    On BBC3.

Scobes and Scangers giving it loads!!! So fcuking funny

"Hungrier than Bobby Sands..." lol

Younger brother just text me to put it on.

Oh , God, please make it stop....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Scobes and Scangers?

Eugh! Christ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Well, at least they're not pretending to be black and using ebonics like so many white rappers.

Now, if we can get them to get to the next stage: not pretending to be from Ireland, I'll be happy.

He can't be a rapper.. look at the head on him

• Advertisement

Is Redzer a rapper or is he on the dole???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Kids in Donegal are into Nathan Carter.

Never thought I'd be happy to say that.

Right I've heard the greatest fooking line in history: rap is like heroin.

efb, yes that red pox is indeed on the dole.

lol @ the massive pile of Budweiser bottles next to Redzer's bin

but then he can't be a rapper! But I don't know who'd give him a job, even job bridge wouldn't take him!

Enda Kenny hasn't a bleeding cluuuueeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did they fill in for 50 Cent in Dundrum today???

Pro Evo King or the world!!!!

As someone that's on the dole: please note that these arseholes do not indicate what everyone is like on the dole.

This has to be a pisstake.

"I'm the best in Europe.. possible the world, at Pro-Evolution Soccer"

• Advertisement

Syo's mam is so proud!

Advertisement