Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Groupon/Clouds - Memory Foam Mattress

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

On the phone to Groupon now to demand a refund, wished I'd checked here sooner :-(

edit -if you cancel through Groupon, they look after the refund of the postage, might take a few days but at least they are dealing with the purchase & postage costs in one

On a side note - I was on hold to Groupon for 15 minutes, finally got speaking to a customer service rep. It took her 5 minutes to take down my massive 15 character email address to then be told that her system crashed and needed to reboot, so i was put on hold. 10 minutes later, the phone picks up again and all i hear are two people screaming at each other in the background before someone realised i was on the phone and they hung up immediately! Muppets.....

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Got a reply from James@cloudsmemoryfoam this morning advising refund of the delivery charge.
    Very abrupt and absolutely no apologies whatsoever for any inconvenience caused. Some neck on him!

Still awaiting a full refund from Groupon.
    Unsubcribed from their mailin list and would advise everyone else to do say as well. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pearlcodd

Absolutely trilled my order arrived today the delivery company tried delivering it yesterday but I was out and they had no contact number for me. So the route to go is e-mail james as advised in earlier threads.
    Groupon seem to be a totally inefficient company and impossible to get action from.
    The order is what I expected so sleep well yours are on the way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 altavista

Message to:
    CLOUDS MEMORY FOAM
    I am just wondering how many more emails I will get assuring me that my pillows will be dispatched before I actually get the items.
    Pillows were ordered on 10th October. "Delivery 1 to 3 weeks"
    1st Email from you over 4 weeks later - 27th October - assuring me that they were being dispatched that week- next email received 2 weeks later - 16th November - again assur...ing me that the items will be dispatched on or before 22nd November.
    It is now 9 weeks since I placed my order.
    You don't answer your phones, you don't reply to emails (I've sent 6) and worst of all you blatently lie in the 2 order update emails you sent.
    How any Company can get away with the disrespectful and careless attitude you have towards your Customers in these tough economic times is beyond me.
    I only hope that you get what you deserve and that if you have any Customers left after this debacle - they will not support you and go to a Company that cares about their Customers.
    SHAME SHAME on you and your Directors - taking money from people and then cheating them out of the goods they bought.
    CLOUDS MEMORY FOAM - AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.
    More on this to follow here and on the various forums.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetaure

5ftGiant wrote: »
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

On the phone to Groupon now to demand a refund, wished I'd checked here sooner :-(

edit -if you cancel through Groupon, they look after the refund of the postage, might take a few days but at least they are dealing with the purchase & postage costs in one

Hi just to get back on this, I have been emailing both groupon and cloud memory foam; didn't get any response whatsoever from cloud but groupon, once they got back to my original email, were quite fast in responding to further emails. Bottom line with groupon was that I needed to get a cancellation email from cloud for groupon to process a refund. I responded that the reason why I wanted a refund from them was that I wasn't getting anywhere with cloud, but fell into a deaf ear.
    Got the pillows delivered today anyway, haven't got a chance to open them yet, but seems that when you start demanding a refund, then all of a sudden, they deliver.

Good luck to all, and I'm staying away from groupon and cloud from now on, it's not worth the hassle...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

I got my delivery refunded from clouds now after emailing james from clouds.... now I am waiting for groupon to refund me, I sent them an email a few days ago but they haven't replied yet :(

*edit* ah groupon replied to me now, they're refunding me.

Check this out!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/dec/02/groupon-investigated-office-fair-trading?newsfeed=true

ps. STILL waiting on any formal response from Groupon or indeed my refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sweetaure

Hi just to get back on this, I have been emailing both groupon and cloud memory foam; didn't get any response whatsoever from cloud but groupon, once they got back to my original email, were quite fast in responding to further emails. Bottom line with groupon was that I needed to get a cancellation email from cloud for groupon to process a refund. I responded that the reason why I wanted a refund from them was that I wasn't getting anywhere with cloud, but fell into a deaf ear.
    Got the pillows delivered today anyway, haven't got a chance to open them yet, but seems that when you start demanding a refund, then all of a sudden, they deliver.

Good luck to all, and I'm staying away from groupon and cloud from now on, it's not worth the hassle...[/QUOTE]

*edit* opened the package when I got home, and only got 2 pillows (I ordered 4), and they have a very strong chemical smell. I'll get on to Cloud and groupon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

*edit* opened the package when I got home, and only got 2 pillows (I ordered 4), and they have a very strong chemical smell. I'll get on to Cloud and groupon again.[/QUOTE]

Got my pillows yesterday and noticed that also
    there's no way you could sleep on them with that smell
    It's that strong that it would pollute a room if left in it

Wonder if it will go away in time or do they need to be washed first?
    i've no idea as i've never smelt anything like it but no way in hell
    could you sleep on them as is

Phoned Groupon yesterday and seem to get through to Citydeal instead of the Larndaan offices...
    Girl I spoke with was very polite and helpful and requested I forward on my letter of refund/cancellation from CloudsMemoryFoam.
    Within a few hours, I had my full voucher refunded.

Now all that's left to do is unsubscribe from citydeal/groupon amd forget this sorry mess ever happened! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

To be fair to groupon/citydeal, I have bought a good few other vouchers off them and they have been absolutely fine.

I told citydeal that I wanted to cancel my order then the next day they emailed and said it would be refunded and that they contacted cloud. Then I got an email from cloud saying it would be delivered.

Got it yesterday, I don't think the smell is that bad, I think it is the smell from a warehouse or something. I didn't find the pillow very comfortable though and ended up switching it in the middle of the night for my old pillow.

I am still hoping to get my refund and if clouds tell me they want the pillow back they can have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

I'm sick of the whole debacle.

Thankfully got a refund from Groupon for the fake beanbag, but now chasing them for the pillow.

To be fair to this James fella at Clouds, he answered my email very quickly and politely, saying there is a delay in manufacturing. Instant refund. Now to chase Groupon for the rest of my money :rolleyes: They take aaaaaages to reply to emails and I can't ring them because of stupid opening hours and a half an hour lunch break :(

I heard that this was on the radio recently, has anyone reported this to Joe Duffy etc, this company should be exposed. As time goes on I'm hearing more and more stories of people waiting weeks for items.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 The Listener

and thats why Groupon is valued at approx $8 billion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bedybyebye

I got a delivery today, but I am afraid to open it! I ordered a super king matress and the delivery is in a box measuring maybe 6ft long by 2ft width and depth - so you can carry it in your arms - does not look much like a deluxe super king matress!!! Thinks its a matress topper only but I am sure thats not what was advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

Hi all....l got refunded from Clouds after emailing the infamous James! The refund appeared in my credit card statement today. Groupon also promised a refund - so l really haven't lost on the money front.......now the stress, phone calls and emails are another matter entirely:rolleyes:

Am going to unsubscribe from all offers,( with 'you get what you pay for' ringing in my ears) - however am awaiting delivery of cutlery set ....duh!!!!:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frostyshamrock

Hi, I ordered a mattress at the end of September from the Groupon offer. Expected delivery was 4 weeks. I received an email from clouds telling me that the offer was very successful and that they were processing orders. They said that I'd get a tracking number by the 14th of November. Nothing. Call and emails go unanswered. I've been on to Groupon but all they said is that they will contact the company and expect 5 working days for a response?? Nothing since then. I contacted my credit card provider yesterday (Saturday) to see what the story is about getting payment reversed.

What annoyed me was that in mid-November the company and Groupon re-posted the offer. That was a dishonest thing to do as I believe they are taking money from purchasers knowing they are not going to fulfill them in a timely manner, if at all. How many Irish people have taken this offer - hundres or more?

I've been posting this information on Twitter #cloudsmemoryfoam and #groupon. I've emailed Joe@rte.ie and Ray@todayfm.com to try and get this warning out to a wide a group of people as possible - groupon and clouds memory foam are not to be trusted.

If you have taken up this offer and received nothing to date - get onto Groupon and start asking when you'll get your product / money back. I think that unless more people start asking questions groupon won't take this seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Clouds related posts moved to more appropriate thread

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

Hi dudara,

Please can you post the link to the new forum? Thanking you kindly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

I got the refund from Groupon and still got the pillow. But really dont like the pillow:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Raoul wrote: »
    I got the refund from Groupon and still got the pillow. But really dont like the pillow:(

same here :pac:

my two pillows are in a refuse sack in the shed though
    ill gladly send them back if i have to but i wouldnt part with
    a tenner for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi dudara,

Please can you post the link to the new forum? Thanking you kindly:D

It's the same forum, I just moved the posts to an already existing thread on the topic.

dudara

see email from the "famous" James:

Hi,

Apologies you didn't receive a reply earlier. All final UK Groupon orders
    are being sent out over the next week. You will receive a tracking number
    next week for your order.

Apologies again for this delay,

James

• Registered Users Posts: 7 frencia

waiting since september like everyone else. this was delivered this morning in a box with an address no invoice, description, nothing- doesnt look much like a super deluxe kingsize mattress- not sure what it is thinks its a mattress topper- it starts again

frencia wrote: »
    waiting since september like everyone else. this was delivered this morning in a box with an address no invoice, description, nothing- doesnt look much like a super deluxe kingsize mattress- not sure what it is thinks its a mattress topper- it starts again

an absolute joke.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

bedybyebye wrote: »
    I got a delivery today, but I am afraid to open it! I ordered a super king matress and the delivery is in a box measuring maybe 6ft long by 2ft width and depth - so you can carry it in your arms - does not look much like a deluxe super king matress!!! Thinks its a matress topper only but I am sure thats not what was advertised.

Memory Foam mattress come packed like that. There is no springs so it packed air tight to cut down on space used in transport. Allow up to 24hours for a memory foam mattress to "fill out". hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bedzzz

More of the same

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056478230

Irish Jobs being put at risk, by faciliating these cowboys to sell into the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Memory Foam mattress come packed like that. There is no springs so it packed air tight to cut down on space used in transport. Allow up to 24hours for a memory foam mattress to "fill out". hope this helps!

+1, the deal I had bought (and since received a refund) was for a mattress topper, so that photo would have been exactly what I would have expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

I got an email notification yesterday to say that the delivery costs had been refunded, then a later email telling me my delivery would be shipped before christmas! HA!

Giving Groupon one more day to refund in full before I call and torment them again

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matjay

Hi All

Posted on here a while back in relation to the infamous CLOUDS MEMORY FOAM the old saying "better late than never" comes to mind. I received my pillows a full 66 days later. This was after loads of emails to which I got no reply !!!! Got talking to James and gave them 6 more days to come up with the goods and low and behold NO PILLOWS. I than rang Groupn and complained and asked for a refund on both parts (also asked James) Groupon filled out what they like to call a " missing order form " and sent it to clouds. No answer to all of my emails after that asking for the status on the order.

Today at last 66 days later my pillows arrived in there smelly glory, I will leave them out as insructed to get rid of the smell (as with all memory foam) they look ok but I will have to wait and see.

If anyone is still waiting for their order, my advice is to ring Groupon and complain to them. You will have to wait a while to get through. I was on hold for 25 minutes (rand during office hours at work :O).

Is it a case of good things come to those who wait, I will just have to wait and see myself and hope the smell goes :O)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Got my pillows last week. It was a long wait but the pillows are of really good quality IMO. Had to leave them out to air and get rid of smell but that seems to be common in memory foam products that come straight from a factory.

Advertisement