Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CZ 452 stocks

• 18-06-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I see www.boydsgunstocks.com are now selling thumbhole stocks for the cz452 varmint rifles.
    Some nice colours too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

Thanks for the link Z.

Nice looking stocks them........ Look a lot like the 455 ones.

Anyone any experience of them, fit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭zeissman

Goosie wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Z.

Nice looking stocks them........ Look a lot like the 455 ones.

Anyone any experience of them, fit etc.

They should go straight on without any fitting to the 452 varmint.
    I ordered one so should have it on monday or tuesday.
    My rifle is the 453 model with set trigger so it will need a bit of inletting
    in the trigger area but I have a mate who will do it for me.

zeissman wrote: »
    They should go straight on without any fitting to the 452 varmint.
    I ordered one so should have it on monday or tuesday.
    My rifle is the 453 model with set trigger so it will need a bit of inletting
    in the trigger area but I have a mate who will do it for me.

Mine is a heavy barrell American model in WMR.

Ordered one this evening so fingers crossed its a pretty close fit.

If it's not there'll be a cheap boyds stock for CZ452 in the For Sale section shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I would be very tempted by the thumb hole stock. Did you order it from an Irish supplier or straight from Bouids
    And how much delivered.

Cheers.

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    I would be very tempted by the thumb hole stock. Did you order it from an Irish supplier or straight from Bouids
    And how much delivered.

Cheers.

I got a few stocks from Boyds and ordered them direct.
    Postage is about 50 dollars and I didnt have to pay
    vat on any of them.
    It usually takes around 7 days to arrive.

• Advertisement

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    And how much delivered.

Cheers.

Direct from Boyds, 133usd delivered, a little les than 100€ and whatever Customs want.

Good value I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I got a Remy 700 ADL thumbhole stock from them and it cost me €110 delivered :cool:

Direct from Boyds, 133usd delivered, a little les than 100€ and whatever Customs want.

Good value I reckon.

Goosie.
    Did you order the thumbhole or the tacticool stock ?
    The tacticool have stocks for 22lr and magnum but I only see thumbhole in 22lr.
    If you ordered the thumbhole you should check with boyds to see if it will need much fitting.

Goosie.
    Did you order the thumbhole or the tacticool stock ?
    The tacticool have stocks for 22lr and magnum but I only see thumbhole in 22lr.
    If you ordered the thumbhole you should check with boyds to see if it will need much fitting.

I ordered the thumbhole .......Boyds say it will be ok but I think it will need a fair bit of work. The thumbhole as far as I know is inletted for the 22lr heavy barreled Varmint model so the barrel channel should be fine. The problem will probably be with the action screws. The American has 2 action screws and is free floated right back to the receiver whereas the Varmint has 1 and a barrel lug. Just hoping there wont be too much involved.

I ordered the thumbhole .......Boyds say it will be ok but I think it will need a fair bit of work. The thumbhole as far as I know is inletted for the 22lr heavy barreled Varmint model so the barrel channel should be fine. The problem will probably be with the action screws. The American has 2 action screws and is free floated right back to the receiver whereas the Varmint has 1 and a barrel lug. Just hoping there wont be too much involved.

I got mine today. My rifle is the 453 varmint model in 22lr so it needed some fitting around the trigger area.
    My mate done it this evening for me and it looks and feels great.
    Hopefully yours will be easily enough sorted.

• Advertisement

I got mine today. My rifle is the 453 varmint model in 22lr so it needed some fitting around the trigger area.

Glad to hear yours worked out good.
    Is it much heavier than the factory.

A buddy of mine got one for a 223 Rem not so long ago. When I shouldered it, it felt just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

any chance of a few pics

It is a bit heavier but it handles well.
    I dont know how to post pics but will get my mate to do it for me at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

I see this is an old thread. But i'm wondering can any of you give me some advice? I have a CZ-452 style with synthetic stock with a standard barrel {not heavy barrel} Dose anyone know if this model would take the Boyds thumb hole stock ? I don't want to shell out the money only tofind that the screw holes are in the wrong position or the barrel won't fit, or both. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭.50 (MOA)

Will fit no problem, I have the same model.
    Only problem was the original screws for the trigger guard broke when I was screwing them into the new stock. I managed to get them out and replace them with stainless screws I had.
    The lesson is: drill a pilot hole first.

Thanks you very much for the info. Last thing I want to do is buy a stock only to find out it doesn't fit!!!! Is the barrel channel on the stock for heavy barrel or standadrd as in the 'style' Thanks again. Stock looks great in the photo!

The barrel channel must suit a heavy barrel (I say "must" because I've never seen or handled one)
    One problem is that the screw that attaches to the barrel will pull on the barrel when you tighten it up. I tried a washer, but it was no better, so I just left it off, and now the stock is only attached with one screw. Never had any bother with it like this.

I just bought a stock from Boyds. I reckon i'll address any problems when it arrives. Thanks again for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

Does anyone know if they do a stock for the cz 527 ?

Try asking them. There is no e-mail address on the Boyds stock page but I sent them a message through their facebook page and got a comprehensive and friendly answer back after a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

Does anyone know if they do a stock for the cz 527 ?

Well they show one classic type stock for the 527 in 3 different colours

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=12334&cat=1223

clivej wrote: »
    Well they show one classic type stock for the 527 in 3 different colours

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=12334&cat=1223

It says its a hinged floor plate model ??? Not sure what it means

It says its a hinged floor plate model ??? Not sure what it means

Wouldn't mind that as CZ 527 don't have a hinged floor plate.

Hinged floor plate is where the action of the rifle does not take/have a removable magazine. The rounds are feed into the action/magazine from the top and a floor plate is at the bottom where you can unload all the rounds from.

i know what it means, but they dont do a floor plate 527 only 550. so is this the right stock for my 527?

i know what it means, but they dont do a floor plate 527 only 550. so is this the right stock for my 527?

Can't tell you that. But I'd say it is. If they have a contact number give them a call.

Well that IS better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

f100zardoz wrote: »
    Well that IS better :)

Looks great fair play

Did anyone feel the need to bed in their boyds stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

.50 (MOA) wrote: »
    Will fit no problem, I have the same model.
    Only problem was the original screws for the trigger guard broke when I was screwing them into the new stock. I managed to get them out and replace them with stainless screws I had.
    The lesson is: drill a pilot hole first.

What's the story with the grip you have on it?

• Advertisement

Gorman700 wrote: »
    What's the story with the grip you have on it?

It's fitted to my hand using sugru. I felt the grip portion was too thin for my hand, and it just wasn't comfortable, the taper and the varnished smooth finish made it hard to grip. So I got some plasticine first to experiment with, took it off, worked out how much sugru it was equivalent too, it worked out pretty much exactly the amount in the 100g pack (by volume, the density of sugru is on their website),got the sugru, practiced a couple of times with the plasticine and then went at it with the sugru. Worked out perfectly, couldn't be happier

Advertisement