Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drunken Texts?

Options
  • 19-10-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭

On Saturday night I had my first foray into the world of drunken texts.

Luckily they weren't too bad, but it was a bit awkward when I saw one girl today.

Mine started fine, seemed perfectly sober;
    Hi, weve been chattin and ive decided id **** you (:

These gradually trandscended into nagging and pleading, then accusations of being a street-walker (with a 'x' on the end to add innocence, of course)

Then an apology followed in the early hours of the next morning:
    Sorty bwt earlia,,, was judt been silly
    ur fit but sortov like a matw so i wudt

And a mass of rambling texts to my best mate's burd, telling her he was in a bad mood and shouting at me.

Anyway, those weren't great examples but you know, just getting the ball rolling.

Add your own because I'm bored :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

brummytom wrote: »
    On Saturday night I had my first foray into the world of drunken texts.

Finally bought a king size bag of wine gums? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Your durty texts failed and you want help from AHs, tell the truth and we will respect you in the morning brummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

And a mass of rambling texts to my best mate's burd, telling her he was in a bad mood and shouting at me.

i bet he was happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Finally bought a king size bag of wine gums? :pac:

Yep, only ate half of them.. obviously. I'm not Irish
    Your durty texts failed and you want help from AHs, tell the truth and we will respect you in the morning brummy.
    It's just awkward! She knew I liked her but then I decided she was too much of a sket.. but I saw her today and she gave me a wide berth! :P

Yep, only ate half of them.. obviously. I'm not Irish

.. but I saw her today and she gave me a wide berth! :P

You scored then.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Friend of mine sent a text off a mates phone while he went to the toilet. He sent it to his missus' ma saying "I can't believe you let me take you up the s**tter last nite".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Drunken texts are the best; everyone just seems to text far more when they're drunk. I avoid it the majority of the time if I can.
    Theres a website for it. :D
    I just woke up naked and covered in skittles. Best night ever?

You scored then.:eek:

Have you not seen a picture of me? :P That should automatically answer that question.

I've got biology with her tomorrow.. fingers crossed we're doing something about the body and I can ask her to do a practical with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

You are a classy, classy guy Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ah the aul drunken texts/calls. A wise man once told me "if it happens after midnight, then it didnt happen" a very wise man indeed. You know who you are ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like the message you get at 2:30 int the morning on a friday or saturday night if your not out....

Are you awake :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

not by me, but one of my mates texted my now ex-girlfriend saying that he was sorry but he had just seen me with someone else:mad:

That took some explaining ill tell ya

Kiera wrote: »
    Ah the aul drunken texts/calls. A wise man once told me "if it happens after midnight, then it didnt happen" a very wise man indeed. You know who you are ;)

Isn't everything after midnight though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Isn't everything after midnight though?
    Not if he's good ;)

Kiera wrote: »
    Not if he's good ;)

Eeermm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

The best one I find is to get a mates phone late enough in the night and text everyone in their phonebook "Why dont you ring me any more?!"

Next morning they get non stop phone calls when they are hung over.Worst thing ever.

And I hate myself and my drunken texts,why do you always think its a good idea at the time:confused:

The best one I find is to get a mates phone late enough in the night and text everyone in their phonebook "Why dont you ring me any more?!"

Next morning they get non stop phone calls when they are hung over.Worst thing ever.

DEFINITELY doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

This changed my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

They're developing gear sticks that can tell from your hands if you are over the limit and will refuse to start up and there are phones that breathalyse you before making a call so we can't be far off restricting drunken texts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

ShooterSF wrote: »
    there are phones that breathalyse you before making a call so we can't be far off restricting drunken texts...

You would be annoyed if you were stuck for a lift in the middle of nowhere when you are drunk some night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

DEFINITELY doing that!

You'll be too drunk to remember to.

You'll be too drunk to remember to.

Ah I'll do it when I'm sober then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Tbh its getting fairly boring hearing about your drinking escapades every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I should have my phone taken off me when I'm drunk... Defo.

The worst one had to be:

I had had a minor fight with a really good friend of mine, and we were kinda not talking to one another, or more to the point I was ignoring him every chance I got (how childish is that?!:() Anyway, was out on the batter the following weekend with a bunch of my other mates, one of whom mentioned that the friend I was fighting with was home sick. Oh dear... I seized my phone and the texts started swarming.

''Oh dude, r u ok?''

''Man, Im so srry im actin lik a prck here. I luv u so much, bro''

''Im srry i ws fitin wit u, i feel so bad''

and so on and so forth. By the end of the night, everyone was convinced I was gay. Never again........

strongr wrote: »

Sorry :(

Care to contribute or just whinging? :)

strongr wrote: »

Tbh and in all fairness, you don't have to click on the thread.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ah I'll do it when I'm sober then

Chance'd be a fine thing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

best website ever,makes me feel better about my awful drunken stories

http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

DazMarz wrote: »
    ''Im srry i ws fitin wit u, i feel so bad''

and so on and so forth. By the end of the night, everyone was convinced I was gay. Never again........

Is fitin txtspk for fisting

That explains why they thought you were gay anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

You would be annoyed if you were stuck for a lift in the middle of nowhere when you are drunk some night.

Ah small price to pay...

Advertisement